Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Im a bit curious. throughout 2 explansions now ive been disc on my priest alt. recently grabbed her again and lvld/started gearing. did a whopping 25k avg hps as disc.. felt low so tried holy again (havent really been holy since late vanilla/tbc) and i was jumping to 50-80k in hps with roughly 488ilvl...

    now my question is; is holy really that far ahead or was i just playing disc terribly wrong?

    Edit: i see most holy priests that raids 25 go for int/mastery gemming. is it really worth gemming mastery for 10man or would i gain more on pure int or int/spirit for 10man?
    Last edited by kittycovox; 2013-07-31 at 07:02 AM.

  2. #102
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,420
    I'm not sure about stat weights in 10m. Your goal is to have enough spirit that you don't run out of mana and can provide a lot of healing during those bursty times it's necessary. As for Disc.. it depends on the environment you were playing in. I assume you're talking 10m too? In which case, Disc is overpowered in 10 so you probably just weren't playing quite right. (Holy is way more fun anyways)

  3. #103
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,393
    Get spirit to a comfortable level, based off raid comp/meta/how good your players are at avoidable damage. Haste to 2.0 PoH cast speed and then mastery after that. Get the most of socket bonuses. Let me add, however, that if 2.0 isn't attainable in your gear level shoot for a lower threshold of haste (2.1, 2.2) and gear accordingly.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2013-07-31 at 04:26 PM.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  4. #104
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,420
    09/12: Updated for 5.4. Added Gear list and other misc things throughout the guide in relation to Halo, DS, Cascade, and FDCL.

  5. #105
    I just dinged 90 on my holy priest and i want to do mostly lfr with the occasional 10man. Any recommendation on gems since these aren't in the guide?

  6. #106
    Field Marshal Holygrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    I just dinged 90 on my holy priest and i want to do mostly lfr with the occasional 10man. Any recommendation on gems since these aren't in the guide?
    Until you feel comfortable healing with your gear you'll probably just want to stack Spirit to ensure you can endure the entire encounter without struggling for mana.

    As such, I'd say;

    Blue - Perfect Sparkling Lapis Lazuli / Sparkling River's Heart
    Red - Perfect Purified Roguestone / Purified Imperial Amethyst
    Yellow - Perfect Zen Alexandrite / Zen Wild Jade

  7. #107
    Will do, thanks alot.

  8. #108
    555 item level holy priest here. thinking about going back to a spirit stack in gems / Spirit > Haste > Mastery priority on gear. This patch is pretty weird, 2 piece gives you insane throughput, and damage patterns for this tier just seem odd. It's like random person in your raid gets dropped to 10% hp for no reason. EoL seems to not work very well on most fights (Galakras/ Malkorok as exceptions?) most of it just turns into over healing. Feels like intellect gems are largely wasted compared to last tier. 125k non-crit Prayer of Healings feel like their enough to really handle anything.

    Going to see how 17.2k spirit / 17% unbuffed haste and 20% unbuffed mastery feels next week. I'm hoping the gain in spirit just lets me be able to freely press big buttons whenever i want to.

    Any thoughts on this?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    555 item level holy priest here. thinking about going back to a spirit stack in gems / Spirit > Haste > Mastery priority on gear. This patch is pretty weird, 2 piece gives you insane throughput, and damage patterns for this tier just seem odd. It's like random person in your raid gets dropped to 10% hp for no reason. EoL seems to not work very well on most fights (Galakras/ Malkorok as exceptions?) most of it just turns into over healing. Feels like intellect gems are largely wasted compared to last tier. 125k non-crit Prayer of Healings feel like their enough to really handle anything.

    Going to see how 17.2k spirit / 17% unbuffed haste and 20% unbuffed mastery feels next week. I'm hoping the gain in spirit just lets me be able to freely press big buttons whenever i want to.

    Any thoughts on this?
    I'm doing the exact opposite what you do, going from 2.0 PoH to prio Mastery more, just to experiment and try to get my healing up where it used to be, but I feel dmg patterns aren't in favor of Holy, as you say. It's often hard to find the right heals for random ppl in a 25m taking high dmg, especially if you are in Sanc, Disc feels much stronger on most fights, just because of the random dmg and the calculated dmg on raid. Yes, there are perhaps exception fight(s), but Disc is insane with 90 talents and Aegis and can reach any dmg with Atonment and do dps on top of it aswell, wich is very valuable during progression. Mastery as Holy also have 1 disadvantage this raid; heavy burst dmg gets healed up so fast and there are usually quite long periods with downtime, wich makes Mastery overheal more than usual, my experience so far.

    And ofc Chakra is not an advantage as I see it either.

    I find gearing for both Holy and Disc very frustrating since you need as much crit as possible as Disc, but as little as possible as Holy, so atm I'll have to compromise and try go for Mastery (another reason to stack that stat), but the lack of crit is very visible in the Aegis healing colum:/.
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-09-27 at 07:25 PM.

  10. #110
    It is too hard for me to read.but thank mazi all the same.

  11. #111
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    555 item level holy priest here. thinking about going back to a spirit stack in gems / Spirit > Haste > Mastery priority on gear. This patch is pretty weird, 2 piece gives you insane throughput, and damage patterns for this tier just seem odd. It's like random person in your raid gets dropped to 10% hp for no reason. EoL seems to not work very well on most fights (Galakras/ Malkorok as exceptions?) most of it just turns into over healing. Feels like intellect gems are largely wasted compared to last tier. 125k non-crit Prayer of Healings feel like their enough to really handle anything.

    Going to see how 17.2k spirit / 17% unbuffed haste and 20% unbuffed mastery feels next week. I'm hoping the gain in spirit just lets me be able to freely press big buttons whenever i want to.

    Any thoughts on this?
    I'm running with just over 18k spirit right now thanks to upgrades and the amp trinket without any adjustments and most times I'm just swimming in mana. This could mean it's a good idea to start picking up some more haste and int. Unfortunately most of these fights are low damage and random damage, neither of which are holy's strong suit. However, holy still definitely has a place. I've been playing holy on every fight and the only time I've felt "useless" was overhealing Nazgrim Heroic.

  12. #112
    Hey guys, I'm using the amp trinket as holy in 10 man and I'm gonna be a healer on thok heroic. Is crit better to go for now as opposed to haste/mastery on a fight like that? Any advice appreciated.

  13. #113
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Hey guys, I'm using the amp trinket as holy in 10 man and I'm gonna be a healer on thok heroic. Is crit better to go for now as opposed to haste/mastery on a fight like that? Any advice appreciated.
    I don't know how it applies to 10 man but I'm using both Crit and Mastery atm. It works pretty well since the Crit heal increase actually increases your EoL - it makes you more bursty as well.

  14. #114

  15. #115
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Keikenbe1201 View Post
    Good Guide.
    Thank you!

  16. #116
    After all the frustration I dropped my mastery from 30 to 20%. Wish me luck! I replaced it all with haste and I feel its really cool to cast renews like a mofo. Flex tomorrow, maybe normals, so I can really test it out.

    I felt really uncomfortable that EoL was topping my healing done. I felt like a druid and no-one wants that! Since I'm getting oom no matter what I reforge, I figured I'd rather get oom from situational burstyness rather than gradual CoH spamming, trying to fill in the gaps left by a disc priest. If anything, I'm hoping it will make healing even somewhat enjoyable.

    I didnt got for crit. I dont trust it one bit.

  17. #117
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,420
    I'm really happy with the fact that all 3 secondary stats are currently strong for Holy. Having a bit of an option based on your playstyle/raid comp is pretty great!

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I'm really happy with the fact that all 3 secondary stats are currently strong for Holy. Having a bit of an option based on your playstyle/raid comp is pretty great!
    im usually disc but wanna play holy from now as my os heals. im wondering how to gem. so im assuming the playstyles for different stat prio is based on : haste = renew spam playstyle?, mastery = aoe heal playstyle, crit = bursty tank/aoe heal? just trying to figure out how to gem/reforge since i see stat prio's all over the place.

  19. #119
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    im usually disc but wanna play holy from now as my os heals. im wondering how to gem. so im assuming the playstyles for different stat prio is based on : haste = renew spam playstyle?, mastery = aoe heal playstyle, crit = bursty tank/aoe heal? just trying to figure out how to gem/reforge since i see stat prio's all over the place.
    10m or 25m?

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    10m or 25m?
    10man. sry forgot to mention

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •