Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnutella View Post
    I don't agree that crit is better. My guild runs heroics 25man and I reforged/regemmed crit from a heavy mastery build. My HPS went down but overheal stayed at the same level, so overall no improvement what so ever. Went back to full mastery.
    Well, it can be heavily dependent on your healing setup as well. I am the only Priest so there's never a Disc to prevent damage if I'm Holy, which creates more value from Crit. Crit also increases the healing of Mastery.

Just because Crit isn't better for you, doesn't mean it isn't better for me (or someone else).
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Dear Mazi,

I am playing again.

I am holy, and holy...(pun) hell did they make the spec a lot better. Such simple changes, but that FDCL change.... mmmm active mana regen yum.

Hows HM going as holy? I've heard nothing but good things about the spec these days, loving it myself.

Miss you,

-Lathus

Hey Lathus, welcome back! Yeah FDCL is awesome. Especially with 2pc T16.

I did every boss as Holy except for Spoils, Paragons, and Garrosh - because we had no other Priest to play Disc. It's been great! I also somehow manage to play with only 9600 spirit as Holy since I have to gear for Garrosh lol

Hi all! I'm a Discipline sexy Priest, actually progressing in Siegecrafter Blackfuse 25 man heroic.

We've encountered some problems concerning our healing setup. We have 2 Discipline Priest (including me), a Holy Paladin ,a Restotarion Shaman and a Mistweaver Monk.
    We've also an offspec Restoration Drood and an offspec Restoration Shaman for Heroic Thok.
    I know we have so many absorbs in our party and some of the healers (pala and monk) are quite angry because they cant play, they are being outplayed in almost every fight.
    Our solution was I'll spec Holy. But I've come here to get some advise. Do you think this is the best solution? On the other hand, I can reroll to a Restoration Druid, just in case.

I've read the guide and if you guys can give me some advice with the changes between Holy and Discipline?

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by eranwe; 2014-03-08 at 04:20 PM.

You'll be fine playing either spec. I think you should play what you want to play. Holy is honestly a good spec to play, it just doesn't put out the absorb numbers/utility that Disc does, which is why it is outshone by Disc.

I'm not really sure what "general advice" to give with the differences. These are already included in the guide, maybe if you had specific questions?

The biggest difference is going to be your mana. You cannot spam nonstop like you can as Disc. You also really really have to know damage patterns from a reactionary standpoint in order to put out good numbers as Holy. You have to know when it's best to use what CD and what 90 tal. Holy relies on 90 tals far more than Disc does.

Quote Originally Posted by eranwe View Post
    Hi all! I'm a Discipline sexy Priest, actually progressing in Siegecrafter Blackfuse 25 man heroic.

We've encountered some problems concerning our healing setup. We have 2 Discipline Priest (including me), a Holy Paladin ,a Restotarion Shaman and a Mistweaver Monk.
    We've also an offspec Restoration Drood and an offspec Restoration Shaman for Heroic Thok.
    I know we have so many absorbs in our party and some of the healers (pala and monk) are quite angry because they cant play, they are being outplayed in almost every fight.
    Our solution was I'll spec Holy. But I've come here to get some advise. Do you think this is the best solution? On the other hand, I can reroll to a Restoration Druid, just in case.

I've read the guide and if you guys can give me some advice with the changes between Holy and Discipline?

Thanks for your time.
    I just wanted to chime in and say that it is ridiculous that your guild wants you to change specs so that the other healers can feel important... I agree with Mazi, play what you want to play. The other healers just need to be aware that disc is out performing on the meters (which shouldn't matter) because of the nature of absorbs. It really doesn't matter in the end as long as the boss goes down. Right?

Deleted
    Hey Mazi

I have watched you hc SoO videos and I really like the look of your Weak Auras. Would you be able to provide a string please?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnutella View Post
    Hey Mazi

I have watched you hc SoO videos and I really like the look of your Weak Auras. Would you be able to provide a string please?
    I'll try. I've had issues in the past where it won't import because the string is too long (since I have disc/holy combined). I might figure out how to separate them or something.

Also I have adjusted my holy ones since then... I have the exact same style for my Monk cds and you could just change the spell names if you want the same style as you see in the videos. My holy ones no longer show all spells, rather they only show spells when they are on CD. Less clutter.

Lemme know what you'd like me to post.

Deleted
    Hi Mazi, ty for your reply

Yeah you can link your monk ones, I don't have a problem changing the spell names. Cheers

Here's the Holy/Disc one - worth a try: http://pastebin.com/2yacXjac

Here's the Monk one: http://pastebin.com/zyEZ6k0C

Note: I use weakauras 2 - not sure if they will work with 1.

Get this error with the holy/disc aura's Mazi
    http://i.imgur.com/KNU2a1w.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kacie View Post
    Get this error with the holy/disc aura's Mazi
    http://i.imgur.com/KNU2a1w.jpg
    Yeah it's too long. Just use the Monk one and change the spell names.

7+ Year Old Account
    My main alt (yes, I have "main alts" and "alt-alts" lol sad face) is a priest and I've gone holy this entire expansion. I liked disc before when it used to be about shielding and mitigating and, of course, healing. I jumped on board in Cata with the attonement healing and I found it to be pretty fun, but kind of novel. DPS to HEAL?! It lost it's charm after awhile. Now here in MoP, it's either go Disc or go F yourself it seems. I hate this. People I've come in contact with make it seem like holy is broken and just bad. It's not bad, and IMO Disc is the one that's broken. It's just broken in a more positive way, lol

ANYWAY, with the changes that have been made to Holy I'm finding it incredibly fun to heal. Them flash heal procs + prayer of mending procs are crazy. I hope we get more love in WoD than we do now

That's basically all I wanted to say and add. Heart holy healing. Down with disc. :itch fork and torch::

Hey hotmess

I agree, Holy was always way more fun to me than Disc and the FH + Serendipity + PoH + 2pc was good stuff.

Hopefully Holy does get more attention in WoD

Hey all!

I am currently looking for a way to have chakra stance swap in a cool way. Any ideas? How do you swap chakra? Up until now I just have a button for serenity and one for sanctuary. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Hey all!

I am currently looking for a way to have chakra stance swap in a cool way. Any ideas? How do you swap chakra? Up until now I just have a button for serenity and one for sanctuary. Any other ideas?
    I'm confused by "a cool way." Like a macro? Keybind?

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    I'm confused by "a cool way." Like a macro? Keybind?
    I don't know :P

How do you swap chakras? Just keybind?

I just used different keybinds for each one.

Any weak aura that dynamically changes based on your chakra for your holy words? Is there such a thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also...

is it logical to think that you are not healing enough as holy @520 ilvl? My main's a MW @ 556 and... they are just incomparable in numbers and responsiveness. Is it that holy is old as a spec and MW is so modern in design?
    Last edited by Well; 2014-06-18 at 04:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it true...? Guardian Spirit latency issues fixed? Lightwell heals wont break from damage? Stacking PoM and bonus removal from Chakras for WoD! It actually feels like someone out there cares for Holy! :-) I need someone to pinch me! Good feeling :-D