Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,434
    Basically what you said. What are your other healing classes?

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Basically what you said. What are your other healing classes?
    holy pally and resto druid. i usually have to heal for juggernaut and definitely gonna have to heal on thok heroic maybe the others depending on if they are 2/3 heal fights. i think i like the "resto druid" playstyle keeping up glyphed renews on everyone. i tried to cascade thing and it didnt seem to refresh my renews. is this something they fixed? or did i hear it wrong.

  3. #123
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,434
    They didn't fix it, but you have to be in Serenity for that to work. The renew thing is a very high skillcap playstyle and honestly I don't like it. Your best bet is probably going mastery, but I'm not well informed on 10m healing tbh. I hope someone else can answer this for you.

  4. #124
    If you're keeping disc as your mainspec, you could just keep your disc gear when switching to holy?

    If you want to try the glyphed renews play style in serenity. Haste to 4721. Spirit to whatever you want it to be (this play style feels quite efficient to me, I'd suggest no more than 13k spirit, but others would disagree!). Then crit > mastery.

    If you want to AoE heal spam in sanctuary - which is something that never happens all the time in 10m, then mastery becomes more useful.

    Playing holy 10m, I tend to end up switching chakras, and having a mix of these two play styles. Crit definitely works better for me overall. If you go mastery, keep a close eye on the overheal, and reforge away from it if it's way above overall overheal.

  5. #125
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Callu View Post
    If you're keeping disc as your mainspec, you could just keep your disc gear when switching to holy?

    If you want to try the glyphed renews play style in serenity. Haste to 4721. Spirit to whatever you want it to be (this play style feels quite efficient to me, I'd suggest no more than 13k spirit, but others would disagree!). Then crit > mastery.

    If you want to AoE heal spam in sanctuary - which is something that never happens all the time in 10m, then mastery becomes more useful.

    Playing holy 10m, I tend to end up switching chakras, and having a mix of these two play styles. Crit definitely works better for me overall. If you go mastery, keep a close eye on the overheal, and reforge away from it if it's way above overall overheal.
    Haste to 13163 for optimal performance.

    And what you choose to do entirely depends on your comp and the strength of your other healers. If healing with a druid or monk, the renew build will only be good if the other healers aren't great. I find in tens that focusing on binding heals in serenity and PoH/CoH combos in 10s to be most effective. Haste to 2.0 PoH cast time, mastery beyond, unless you have the amp trinket, in which case I would recommend crit over mastery.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Haste to 13163 for optimal performance.

    And what you choose to do entirely depends on your comp and the strength of your other healers. If healing with a druid or monk, the renew build will only be good if the other healers aren't great. I find in tens that focusing on binding heals in serenity and PoH/CoH combos in 10s to be most effective. Haste to 2.0 PoH cast time, mastery beyond, unless you have the amp trinket, in which case I would recommend crit over mastery.
    ya although i quite enjoy the 13.1k haste renew BP. having a resto druid in the raid kinda fucks me over so im gonna get rid of that stat prio lol. im using both amp trinkets so you would recommend me going crit > mastery including gems and shit for 10 mans?

  7. #127
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    ya although i quite enjoy the 13.1k haste renew BP. having a resto druid in the raid kinda fucks me over so im gonna get rid of that stat prio lol. im using both amp trinkets so you would recommend me going crit > mastery including gems and shit for 10 mans?
    Both amp trinkets? Last I checked the dps one doesn't proc for healers. At any rate, if you are healing with a resto Druid and have the amp trinket, I recommend trying crit over mastery. Haste to whatever level you like (I prefer PoH cast speed to 2.0 or 1.9), spirit to your comfort zone, then crit. You'll still have mastery present on gear. The crit healing will be amplified, sort of double dipping with mastery by giving you big Crits. Definitely great to pair with a resto Druid, who you can fully expect to be hotting the entire raid and sniping most of your echoes.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Both amp trinkets? Last I checked the dps one doesn't proc for healers. At any rate, if you are healing with a resto Druid and have the amp trinket, I recommend trying crit over mastery. Haste to whatever level you like (I prefer PoH cast speed to 2.0 or 1.9), spirit to your comfort zone, then crit. You'll still have mastery present on gear. The crit healing will be amplified, sort of double dipping with mastery by giving you big Crits. Definitely great to pair with a resto Druid, who you can fully expect to be hotting the entire raid and sniping most of your echoes.
    ya my main spec is shadow and i got lucky on rolls and got the dps and the healing amp trinket. dont have another healing trinket so i just use both when i have to heal.

    and with this playstyle renews are just being cast when theres low dmg?

    also forgot to mention that autoattacking(if you can ofc) procs the dps amp trinket if youre healing.
    Last edited by kaamila; 2013-10-23 at 04:49 PM.

  9. #129
    Here's how I understand serenity healing styles using renew:

    13163 haste + renew glyph (+33% healing over 9 secs, down from 12 secs) + cascade, Jhazrun Garrosh style. Renew is your main heal, and you want to roll it. If you cast renew and don't roll it, it will do exactly the same amount of healing as if you have 4721 haste. When you roll a glyphed renew it refreshes for the full 12 secs, so you get a lot more out of a rolled renew if your haste is 13163 or more, than if it is 13162 or less.

    4721 (or more) haste + renew glyph + crit > mastery. Works well if you're using renew for spot heals, and you often let renew run out without refreshing (so not for those planning to solo heal heroics...). Roll renews on anyone taking constant damage, such as tanks, or if you know there is big damage incoming. With lots of ticking heals, the unpredictable nature of crit sort-of matters less, it averages out. Mastery does almost nothing for renew, so if you use renew enough, crit > mastery in terms of overall healing, even without the PPoP trinket.

    Don't renew much? Ignore renew glyph and breakpoints, they're irrelevant to you. Theoretically, mastery > crit, but keep a check on mastery overheal (not sure about PPoP). If you're a mastery-geared sanctuary healer, renew is inefficient - you're not geared for it, so might only be used occasionally for spot heals during movement.

  10. #130
    High Overlord MadBloke101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    University of Mad
    Posts
    123
    Perhaps the wrong place to ask, please move if true... would someone care to expand and explain - for a 10 man raid crew - does the HPriest still need to be mainly in the ranged group?

    How does a RL make good use of their HPriest and where they are in the grouping please
    Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger - Elric - The Geometry of Shadows
    Pure Genius :
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good. It typically shows that on line competitive PC games are played LOOOOONG after they have been published.

  11. #131
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBloke101 View Post
    Perhaps the wrong place to ask, please move if true... would someone care to expand and explain - for a 10 man raid crew - does the HPriest still need to be mainly in the ranged group?

    How does a RL make good use of their HPriest and where they are in the grouping please
    Yeah all healers need to be with ranged because there are mechanics that only target ranged classes (based on spec, not location) and if you get targeted in the melee it could be bad. The only exception to this is a Monk.

    If you have 5 ranged DPS it would be more beneficial to either put all 5 of them in the same group together or if they are split throughout the room, group like that. So if the H Priest is technically normally closer to melee, it would be okay to be in the melee group assuming the melee group isn't already full.

    Hope that helps.

  12. #132
    High Overlord MadBloke101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    University of Mad
    Posts
    123
    Thank you Mazi for the reply... a follow up question sprung to mind... are there any benefits for HPriest to be grouped with x due to increasing efficency in the spells that a HPriest has?
    Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger - Elric - The Geometry of Shadows
    Pure Genius :
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good. It typically shows that on line competitive PC games are played LOOOOONG after they have been published.

  13. #133
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBloke101 View Post
    Thank you Mazi for the reply... a follow up question sprung to mind... are there any benefits for HPriest to be grouped with x due to increasing efficency in the spells that a HPriest has?
    The main focus you want when it comes to physical groups is the just grouping together based on location in the world. You want your PoH to hit as many people as possible and this is best done by grouping people together.

  14. #134
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,395
    Holy wish list:

    Change our mastery
    Revamp chakra
    Redefine disc so that we can't gimp our raid by going holy for certain fights.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  15. #135
    First of all, great great guide! I'm new to healing, never done it before and this helps a great deal, so thank you!

    I love the OP's ElvUI look, so I decided to try it out. However, I can seem to find out how to make my portrait look all sexy (the one where you see your face moving around, kind of a .gif). Also, ElvUI has it's own casting bars. They're good but I just don't like the way they look. I prefer downloading another addon (anyone knows a good one?) which has a cleaner look to it. How do I turn those casting bars off anyway?

    Edit: I installed Quartz, which in my opinion has better looking casting bars. However, the ones that came with ElvUI still show. Is it possible to disable/hide these?
    Last edited by abzoluut-; 2013-11-01 at 12:04 AM. Reason: additional info

  16. #136
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,395
    I personally prefer tukui over elvui for healing, its a similar addon but a little more bare bones. I like the built in cast bar tukui has. Elvui is a great addon too--I like using it for shadow.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  17. #137
    I checked both (I just started WoW, I like to try out different options). ElvUI looked more appealing to me, I might try out TukUI in the near future again since I plan on healing groups.

    Seeing that you use ElvUI for you sPriest: do you happen to know how I can get rid of its dottimer-bar? For some magical reason I got rid of the castbar, don't ask me how. It's just gone, hope it does not magically comes back though..

  18. #138
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,434
    ElvUI is more user friendly when it comes to setting up. TukUI is more customizable.

    You can turn off the Elv cast bar. I believe it's under unit frames -> player then there is a drop down for what frame you want to target. Not sure, I'm at work so I can't test it.

    I'm glad you enjoyed my guide & ui!


    Dot timer bar? You mean the bars that come above the frame with the dots you have on it?

  19. #139
    More customizable can come in handy for us OCD people

    When I cast shadow word: pain (f.e.), ElvUI shows a bar which let's me know it's on a target (with a timer and everything). ElvUI also has its own castbar, for some strange reason I don't see that one anymore, (maybe because I installed Quartz?)I just hope it does not suddenly reappears.

    I use Quartz, so now I have two bars showing one dot which is rather messy.

    Another thing, can I change the look of portraits? Could not find the option in ElvUI. If it's an addon, I'd like to know which one uses the portrait that makes you see your face moving in it.

    Edit: found out how to disable Elvui's bars: unitframes > target frame > drop down menu: aura bars > uncheck enable
    Last edited by abzoluut-; 2013-11-01 at 04:14 PM. Reason: update

  20. #140
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,395
    I'd have to disagree. I had far more opportunities to customize Elvui with the built in config. Tukui is far less customizable with the built in config tool, though there may be more you can do with tukui outside of those parameters.

    Visually, I feel yuk is more simplistic. Elv is pretty, but I just don't have a need for it when I heal.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •