Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crazy long ToT LFR queue times?

What's up with the hour long queues for the brand new LFR? ToES was like this too for some reason, while MSV lfr queues takes 20 minutes as dps. Are people not interested in ToT or they really don't meet the 480 ilvl requirement?

Deleted
    There are too many interested in it... as the dps needed is a lot more it quickly overwhelms the tanks and there isnt a tank for it all

I assume that the lack of healers is the problem, as usual. Usually tank queues are even worse than DPS queues (sometimes by a factor of two) because so few tanks are needed for LFR, but many more tanks are needed in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's worse is where it drops you. I just queued for LFR, get in on third boss. kill boss, queue again for first two, get third boss. Queue AGAIN, get third boss. Leave queue, wait 30 minutes for deserter debuff to clear, queue again, GET THIRD BOSS AGAIN.

I did this as heals. I would probably go postal if I had had a 45 minute DPS queue too.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    What's worse is where it drops you. I just queued for LFR, get in on third boss. kill boss, queue again for first two, get third boss. Queue AGAIN, get third boss. Leave queue, wait 30 minutes for deserter debuff to clear, queue again, GET THIRD BOSS AGAIN.

I did this as heals. I would probably go postal if I had had a 45 minute DPS queue too.
    Yeah, happened twice to me. I ate the deserter debuff twice and then just stopped caring about LFR today.

That happened to me also, but as dps. It was ridiculous. My queues were well over an hour. 3 hours altogether on queues alone. Yeesh.

What's truly awful is when you get up for a minute to use the bathroom and come back only to find out you just missed an hour queue.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly I think the reason you keep getting the 3rd boss even after completing a run for the week is that you're queuing as heals. The system tries to give fresh runs for players who have completed after joining partials, however from the anecdotal evidence I've seen it seems that this applies more evenly to dps, while tanks and healers get screwed into multiple partials because the queues are so backed up (even more so for newer LFRs where there are tons of groups getting logjammed at a new last boss). DPS may have the longer Qs, but not as likely to keep getting unfresh runs.
    "Brevity is...wit"

As heals, I zoned in for the 3rd boss, wiped twice, got loot the third, requeued, zoned in at the first boss, wiped once on horridon, got useless loot from a coin.

Pretty sure I didn't have any significant queue time either of those.

It would be pretty irritating to have to go through the council wipe/training process repeatedly for 45 VP though.

10+ Year Old Account

I assumed that once you killed the third, it puts you in a prioritized queue where you're entering the instance at the first boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    What's truly awful is when you get up for a minute to use the bathroom and come back only to find out you just missed an hour queue.
    This. Happened soooooo many times. Most annoying thing world.

That's what happens when so few people tank or heal. sad really
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I've only seen 20-30min dps queues so I must be very lucky. I did get plopped in the middle of the instance once but I left immediately and for some reason I didn't get the deserter buff, so I got into a fresh one ~15mins later.

Deleted
    As a prot pally you get better itemised gear queuing as ret

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I've only seen 20-30min dps queues so I must be very lucky. I did get plopped in the middle of the instance once but I left immediately and for some reason I didn't get the deserter buff, so I got into a fresh one ~15mins later.
    You sometimes don't get the debuff if it's an instance that is already in progress. Atleast I remember dropping out of LFR in the previous tiers and not getting a debuff either.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgie View Post
    As a prot pally you get better itemised gear queuing as ret
    Thought loot is decided based on what spec you are in during the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Dungeon Helper to the rescue. It plays an alarm when your queue pops, scares the shit out of me every time. But I don't miss queues

Last 5 tot lfr queue's ive joined have been at council. The problem gets bigger and bigger as the week goes on because not only are people getting tired of wiping and leaving the groups at council, but also the 1000's of people who have already queued and beaten council are leaving after Horridon when they finally get their queue from the start of the instance. Id like to see a better reward for people who stay and help those stuck groups through the last boss. Maybe something like the call to arms bags.

50 min queue, after first boss 15 ppl leave, grp disbanded, queue again 58 min estimated = alt+f4, FUCK THIS SHIT!!
    5 heals 2 tanks, 18 dps, a bit less mob dmg and a bit more boss health, this could help to make queues a bit shorter...

play disc priest and pretend you're dps

Deleted
    last night at 3am i had 20min queue time as dps, this morning as dps at 11am, i had 1hour 20mins queue time! was a smooth run after all that waiting at least.