Voters
51. This poll is closed
  • BM

30 58.82%
  • MM

17 33.33%
  • SV

4 7.84%

What spec are you playing this season in PvP?

Simply interested to see what spec the community is planning to main this new arena season. Feel free to give a simple explanation as to why you may have changed or remained the same. Thanks!

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 03:24 PM ----------

BM seems to still be the arena spec of choice today. I get the feeling that BM pet cc is still easier to handle than an MM hunter. I'm surprised not to see more MM votes.

I don't see how hunters can survive these days without Beastial Wrath to get out of stuns and shit...

Must have my extra trinkets!

I play MM but I recognize MM brings pretty much nothing to the table while BM has all the stuff MM previously had and a whole extra set of tools. I just personally dislike BM's playing style.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    BM, Because i always played BM. I just love the Specc so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I play MM but I recognize MM brings pretty much nothing to the table while BM has all the stuff MM previously had and a whole extra set of tools. I just personally dislike BM's playing style.
    Whats so different about the play style? Kill command every 6 sec, Chimera shot every 9 sec. Spam arcane, hit cobra/steady to regen focus. Only 1 thing is different, u get a proc for master marksman for a free aim shot. I really don't see a huge difference.
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    Whats so different about the play style? Kill command every 6 sec, Chimera shot every 9 sec. Spam arcane, hit cobra/steady to regen focus. Only 1 thing is different, u get a proc for master marksman for a free aim shot. I really don't see a huge difference.
    Looks like you play MM awefully wrong.

please explain
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

BM because it's still the spec with the most damage, utility, and survivability rolled up into one. MM will be nice for sniping and piling damage on people who aren't looking at you in big BGs (EOTS and AV) though IMO

MM seeing as BM is quite defunctional on certain arenas like Blade edge and Dalaran sewers

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuraxde View Post
    MM seeing as BM is quite defunctional on certain arenas like Blade edge and Dalaran sewers
    Not sure what you're talking about here, Blink Strike made the sucky pet pathing 100% gone, + neither blink strike nor kill command require LoS to inflict damage.

i think i'll stick to mm for this season as it looks at least viable with the dmg buffs and i don't have to rely on my pet for my main focus dump (roots of any kind ftw)

Relying on the pet to do most of the damage seems like a pretty big difference to me. Being able to overpower pretty much anything versus the finesse required to excell at MM is another huge difference. I don't want to turn this into an MM vs BM thing. It's just my preference.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

please explain
    Can't rush in and pop a swifty macro to global people as MM. People got glad doing this as BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    heart says mm , 3 pvp trinkets says bm ...

BM by far is the best PvP spec. So that is what I play. I also enjoy it the most out of the other two, considering surv is a joke in PvP and MM is just okay right now. I like my big red pets.