10+ Year Old Account

Eurogamer interview with Colin Johanson

http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/entre...r-guild-wars-2

Colin discusses which Elder Dragon might be included in the expansion along with other topics such as how Living Story will unfold, Guild Missions, Profession Balance, WvW changes, Culling, Karma and the Daily and Monthly achievements.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the short version? Why are people just linking stuff instead of posting the content.

0:45 wasted on going to another website, allowing scripts and watching a commercial

0:30 wasted on a GW 2 intro

2:00 wasted on listening how great the big story updates form the last months have developed, like 'your favorite TV show has a new great story every week'.

Seriously. Comparing only one episode of, for example Game of Thrones, to the 'Living Story' that has happenend in the last few months, is just arrogant.

In the last minute he talks about Jormag and that he likes him, but this doesn't mean that Jormag WILL be the next expansions dragon. The only new thing to me so far was the talk about the option to choose things for your monthly, similiar to the dailies right now. Or at least that ArenaNet is thinking about it.

Still, GW2 is my favorite game atm and I was looking for some new, awesome information. This was just another 'Oh we are doing so great!'-video. Not worth listening to.

Almost every developer "interview" is thinly veiled marketing, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Where is the short version?

This was just another 'Oh we are doing so great!'-video. Not worth listening to.
    Thanks for the summary. I hate trying to glean information from videos.

• Any intro longer than 2 seconds - unnecessary fluff. Don't care.
    • Introductions - yeah, we get how happy you are they're interviewing with you, what an honor it is, etc. Filler. Don't care.
    • Any self-congratulatory back patting - don't care.
    • Any discussion on what's currently going on in a game I'm actively playing so I already see it every day - don't care.
    • Anything about PvP - don't care. (Thanks to the comments in another one of these threads I saved myself an hour and half of watching a GW2 video that had nothing to do with my playstyle.)
    • Anything to do with instanced content that involves more than 2 people - don't care.
    • Anything to do with what Anet employees would like to see, but is not even on the radar for future content let alone even in development - don't care. (Tired of hearing about "so&so says they'd like Tengu to be the next race" or "Jormag the next dragon", etc. Let me know when that's actually going to happen and isn't just a "wouldn't it be cool?" side comment.)
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-03-17 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Thanks for the summary. I hate trying to glean information from videos.

• Any intro longer than 2 seconds - unnecessary fluff. Don't care.
    • Introductions - yeah, we get how happy you are they're interviewing with you, what an honor it is, etc. Filler. Don't care.
    • Any self-congratulatory back patting - don't care.
    • Any discussion on what's currently going on in a game I'm actively playing so I already see it every day - don't care.
    • Anything about PvP - don't care. (Thanks to the comments in another one of these threads I saved myself an hour and half of watching a GW2 video that had nothing to do with my playstyle.)
    • Anything to do with instanced content that involves more than 2 people - don't care.
    • Anything to do with what Anet employees would like to see, but is not even on the radar for future content let alone even in development - don't care. (Tired of hearing about "so&so says they'd like Tengu to be the next race" or "Jormag the next dragon", etc. Let me know when that's actually going to happen and isn't just a "wouldn't it be cool?" side comment.)
    Yeah, once you take all of this out, the last point especially, there's not really much there in pretty much any of their videos.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Yeah, once you take all of this out, the last point especially, there's not really much there in pretty much any of their videos.
    I've not really played many Anet games over the years but I do find their PR spin/BS is up in the top 3 of all the developing games I follow or play. I've actually grown to dislike Collin now since he's become very transparent to me anyways now he fits into the category of believable and trustworthy as lawyers and politicians eg: if his lips move he's BSing or just rambling.