Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Enhancement squishy during leveling o.o?

Is it just me or are enhancement shammies squishy during leveling? I'm 89 right now and on every other toon I've leveled to 90 I've never had to stop and eat food to get my health back up. And that's after ONE, I repeat ONE mob. I barely kill them, then if I happen to pull another group 90% chance I'm dead no question about it.

Or am I just expecting too much from enhancement while leveling? I'm 422il currently with mostly 408il greens I bought from some vendor to go back enhance instead of elemental. I love melee lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they just oom fast if you do not know how to play one.
    Try to restrict healing outside maelstrom stacks.
    Get glyph of healing storm, also be sure to maintain sufficient expertise/hit to get faster stacks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I played my shaman as enhance was back early early Wrath. And I've very rarely played shamans at all lol.

Totally forgot about my wolves, they're over half my damage so I'm popping those on CD basically for their heal. 50k for a 89 in 408 gear isn't bad for leveling is it lol.

Healing Storm, is that a passive 20% healing done by everything, wolves, flame shock, etc or just on targeted heals?

Deleted
    Healing storm makes each stack of Maelstrom weapon to increase Healing Surge heal by 20%. so at 5 stacks (instantcast) you are healing yourself for 200% of the normal amount. It doesnt work on wolves, flameshock heal, or totems. It does work on Healing Surge, Chain Heal and Healing Rain

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    Is it just me or are enhancement shammies squishy during leveling? I'm 89 right now and on every other toon I've leveled to 90 I've never had to stop and eat food to get my health back up. And that's after ONE, I repeat ONE mob. I barely kill them, then if I happen to pull another group 90% chance I'm dead no question about it.

Or am I just expecting too much from enhancement while leveling? I'm 422il currently with mostly 408il greens I bought from some vendor to go back enhance instead of elemental. I love melee lol.
    Never had problem with survivability while leveling, between Feral Spirits, Healing Stream Totem, Healing Rain/Surge with 5MW using glyph of Healing Storm and Shamanistic Rage there's not that much that can hurt us.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    As said above, use your cooldowns liberally. As enhance you have like 10. Also keep in mind you can kite and still do some damage from range with shocks, lightning bolt, elemetals, searing totem, wolves, ascendance, dont just stand and get whaled on if you are in trouble.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Conductivity talent & Healing Storm glyph was the combo I used for leveling from 85 to 90 - Passive AoE healing that could be kept up fairly often. For most of the part, I'd forgo Lightning bolt and kept Rain on CD, with a quick Healing surge thrown in if needed.
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post

Use healing stream more often and get maybe absorb totem.

Also puppies and AG. There are so many cd's to rotate and if you rotate them, you never should have to eat.