Names on Servers

Does anybody know if there is a website (Or websites) that has a list of all of the taken names on all the servers? I know that would be be a lot to sift through,but I do know that there is a lot of people who don't have lives that could make it happen.

She left you for a reason.

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-16 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, is it necessary? why don't just look for a name on the official site search engine? It will tell you in what servers that name is being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikko View Post
    but I do know that there is a lot of people who don't have lives that could make it happen.
    Not exactly the best way to motivate someone to do something for you, that you are too lazy to do yourself.

OT: to my knowledge, there is no public database with the names of toons on a server. You can search on wow's site and that will tell you if a particular name is taken. You may be able to look at progression sites that list all the guilds of a server and see if they list the names of the toons in a guild since 95% of people on a server are in a guild. (yes i guesstimated that)

15+ Year Old Account
    Short of games being mined out by an addon, it's impossible to do a portion of the player base - any character under level 10, and there's a lot of them who stay there, isn't recognized by the Armory, so they never show up on any site that relies on the Armory as a source of information. Which is, mostly, all of them.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Just go to the WoW website and type in the name that you are interested in using. It will tell you who has it, how many, and on which servers. Provided that it is taken by someone.
    This is likely the best answer. It does take some time. Also, if the name does not show up it is either A) Not taken or B) has been permanently removed from the Game by Blizz and cannot be reinstated on that realm (i.e.- the name Blizzard).