Nvidia GTX 650 ti driver update problem.

I've already posted this on the Nvidia forums but I want to post it here as well because of higher traffic...

__________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________

So I just bought and installed the 650 and installed the drivers off the disc which went fine. But when I tried to update the drivers I get this.

BUT what happens is first my computer screen turns off and on like normal while installing and turns back on with my normal screen resolution.

Then it does it again but comes on at a really low resolution like there are no drivers installed at all. When it does this it says that it has failed.

Then again it turns on and off coming back on at my original resolution like everything is normal but still saying the install failed.

But while it says that, this is in my toolbar. Coming up first when the screen resets for the second time and then finishing the 3rd time saying drivers were successfully installed. Which they weren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uninstall the drivers and software entirely first. The Nvidia update should have that option in there.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Didn't work =/

What driver do you currently have installed? I get this issue sometimes when I try and install old drivers due to beta driver issues. When this happens I manually uninstall the current drivers/software and then manually install an older version from Nvidia.

It just stays the same

goto unistall progams via the control panel and uninstall the drivers from there - restart your machine and windows should install basic drivers for the card to get u going - when it does you should get the windows update message saying their are updates for your computer - from their should be the latest update for nvidia, i know coz i have them atm ready to install, but unlike most i dont install the latest drivers at first coz i usually see so many ppl having bugs with it so i wait about a month, but thats just me

this is just what i would do (im not the best with computers but this is what ive been told to try)

And now that I did the manual uninstall and reinstall I apparently no longer have the physX software it also says not installed now.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Manually uninstall EVERYTHING nvidia related, and then run the driver install. Everything should say "not installed" when you run it
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I'm pretty sure that i am still unable to post links but maybe someone could relink this for me www evga com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1776353&mpage=1#1776353

go check that out read over it and follow it step by step and you should have no issues

Ok well I followed that guide and now it's not reading my card at all.... I have never had a problem with installing a card ever. Until now -.-.... wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    now it's not reading my card at all
    Can you explain what this means? We can't help you if you don't detail the problem.

Well not reading my card is pretty much all that needs to be said lol. It wasn't detecting that I had a video card period. But I have fixed it now. Just took a little coaxing but I got it.