If I disagree with a moderator action, how can I appeal it?

A topic of mine was recently locked for "nation-bashing," however I did not nation-bash at all and neither did anyone else (a couple people did on page 1 and 2, but not since). The topic was going great and didn't break any of the rules, yet the moderator closed it anyway. I sent the moderator who locked it a PM about it and he said that he thinks I was "attacking Europeans," I replied to his PM with explaining how my alleged "anti-European" post was taken out of context (I said Europe was in a worse debt situation than the United States), but he has not since replied. Who should I talk to about taking this up to the next step?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunshine is the go to person I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    PM the shebear (Sunshine).

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately any hint of disagreeing with a mod will be silenced, since it would lead to doubt about their all-knowing selves. And riots in the streets will incur.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Unfortunately any hint of disagreeing with a mod will be silenced, since it would lead to doubt about their all-knowing selves. And riots in the streets will incur.
    well one thing is for sure

they're just normal people doing a volunteer job, and they will be less inclined to help you if you talk down to them

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    You can disagree with a mod, as long as you don't start insulting them or making it personal. Doesn't mean your opinion is going to be enforced though.

So, if you want to reopen your thread, you can PM any green moderator in that section, any blue moderator, or the red moderator Sunshine. These moderators can make an appeal for you and ask other mods and they may reopen your thread. (And just because -that- mod that closed your thread didn't respond to your PM, that does not mean he didn't ask other mods whether or not to open your thread.)

But to be honest your topic was super sensitive in the first place ("US government is best ever, lets recruit the whole world to our country") and posts DID start getting off topic or they started to demean other countries. I really doubt your thread will be reopened. If I didn't live in the US I'd be very insulted by your thread.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-03-16 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    USA has the greatest form of governance...yeah good luck with the appeal, sunshine is the one to go to, but you have no chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    A topic of mine was recently locked for "nation-bashing," however I did not nation-bash at all and neither did anyone else (a couple people did on page 1 and 2, but not since). The topic was going great and didn't break any of the rules, yet the moderator closed it anyway. I sent the moderator who locked it a PM about it and he said that he thinks I was "attacking Europeans," I replied to his PM with explaining how my alleged "anti-European" post was taken out of context (I said Europe was in a worse debt situation than the United States), but he has not since replied. Who should I talk to about taking this up to the next step?
    As others explained, the best course of action is to talk to a global mod (blue) or PM Sunshine directly to appeal your thread being closed. This doesn't mean it will be re-opened, but it does mean that the moderators will see that and discuss it.