Confirmation on Dark Animus strat (10)

I hear you can just kill 9/12 of the small golems next to a massive golem which fills it up, then dump the last 3 small adds into the Animus and then burn it down so it never gains the jolt ability. Is this right? It just seems awfully simple and not like something they intended for the fight.

You will most definitely get the jolt with this strategy. 12 initial anima + 14 anima every tick (which I think is 5 seconds) for 4 ticks + 1 anima every tick until 100. Jolt will come around the 55 second mark (assuming tick time is correct).
    Last edited by Squishei; 2013-03-16 at 08:29 AM.

Yeah you're right. I didn't know the siphons came that fast

Best Tactic for us was:
    dump 2 small in each non active Large anima golem(the ones with lightning around them), so you have 6 left
    now activate one Massive anima golem with the remaning 6 small golems, and also 3 non active small anima golem, so the massive is full on anima
    Now you activate the Animus with the nearest non active small golem, and burn him down.

An alternative is to activate only the Massive anima golems each with 9 small anima golems, this way the anima on Animus dont rises to fast.

Personally i prefer the first tactic but you need decent dps to pull it off. we lost 1healer and dd relative early in the fight but were able to down him anyway.

Deleted
    your almost right....id only advise this strategy if you have very high dps

the other way is slighty easier if your dps is a little lower...

• On each side pick one inactive large golem and dump 2 small golems (8 anima) into it.....this gets rid of 4 smalls/16 anima
    • then kill the rest of the small golems into one massive golem
    • then kill inactive small golems to fill up the massive golem to 36/36
    • then kill an inactive small golem next to the boss to activate him
    • spread around behind the boss so his splash aoe doesnt murder you
    • have one healer stand further out for the swap debuff
    • you should be almost killing it by the second interrupting jolt
    • raid cooldown the jolt.
    Last edited by mmocf7b8106c06; 2013-03-16 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling

on 10man you have 3 non active large golems i see no reason not to use all of them
    also the splash dmg comes when the boss hit 50 energy and you can avoid it by moving out of the red circle indicators

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    on 10man you have 3 non active large golems i see no reason not to use all of them
    you can but theres no real need as the boss spawns with only around 30-40ish anima....and it just waste time on something that isnt needed.

if your really struggling with dps on it then it may be an option...but if you have gotten this far then your dps should be more than enough.

the boss spawns with 4 anima the extra large helps to squeeze out a little bit more time before the boss hits critical. he siphons 1 anima from the large instead 2 from the small ones each cast

I don't really understand your over complexing of the fight.

What we did was pour kill 9 adds 'into' a Massive golem, 2 more into an inactive Large Golem and the last one into Animus.
    Seems real simple and you minimize the ammount of anima the boss can siphon because you only actually fed 2 golems.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefycake View Post

What we did was pour kill 9 adds 'into' a Massive golem, 2 more into an inactive Large Golem and the last one into Animus.
    Seems real simple and you minimize the ammount of anima the boss can siphon because you only actually fed 2 golems.
    For the first 4 cast he also siphons from each nonactive small anima golem

sure if your dmg is that good you can do that. Mine and akrusLJ tactic leaves more spaces for errors or dead people.
    Last edited by Terra; 2013-03-16 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefycake View Post

the reason you kill your small ones into the massive, kill small inactive ones to fill it up and finally kill a small inactive one near boss to start it is because the boss siphons anima from all golems that are currently alive (this includes inactive ones)

so doing so lowers the amount he siphons, making guilds who have dps problems have longer on the boss before he reaches Jolt level.

Deleted
    We did it with a few lads of my 25 raid guild at the end of the last timer and our strategy was very simple.

A tank takes 2 adds close to a Massive anima golem and stacks it to 36 anima.

Meanwhile, a tank takes 2 samm animas close to the entrance of the room and 1 or 2 dps help him kill them in the middle of the room.

Basically, you charge a massive one, kill the others (not close to large animas which are a pain in the ass if activated), and just kill an inactiv anima close to the BOSS to activate it.

Then put the boss and the add in the middle of the room and switch between tanks anytime the MT gets the anima ring (or he'll get OS)

Quote Originally Posted by akrusLJ View Post
    your almost right....id only advise this strategy if you have very high dps

the other way is slighty easier if your dps is a little lower...

• On each side pick one inactive large golem and dump 2 small golems (8 anima) into it.....this gets rid of 4 smalls/16 anima
    • then kill the rest of the small golems into one massive golem
    • then kill inactive small golems to fill up the massive golem to 36/36
    • then kill an inactive small golem next to the boss to activate him
    • spread around behind the boss so his splash aoe doesnt murder you
    • have one healer stand further out for the swap debuff
    • you should be almost killing it by the second interrupting jolt
    • raid cooldown the jolt.
    ^this is the Strat you can use if you have good dps. It makes the fight really quick but if you cannot kill the boss before the 4th jolt you'll likely wipe.

Strat we used the last two weeks:

- Dump 2 small into the inactive large anima's each (6 adds)
    - Activate one of the Massive's with one of the remaining 6 adds, eat up 4 more of the actives adds and have second tank hold the 6th add. Gather 4 inactive adds w/ the massive anima, have the other tank taunt massive over to the other massive and when close kill little add to activate the second massive.
    - Tanks gather up the remaining Small anima inactives with the second massive (make sure massive stays closest to them). We'd sometimes leave one small one up if it was too big of a hassle to go get (like on the other side of the room), but you have an easier time in phase 2 the more you get.
    - Once all inactives are gathered use the last inactive nearest to the boss (that you don't grab) to kill and activate the boss, one tank holds both massives the other the boss. Tank swap at 3-4 stacks, obviously this will take 2 taunt rotations to complete.

The boss should be around 50-70 energy when it dies, but could go higher depending on your dps.

Make sure that tanks are taunting the massives back and forth to drop the stacking debuff off. We also had 2-3 dps assigned to stand in front of the tanks about 10 yrds so that the teleporting debuff didn't teleport tanks, made it really easy. (Tip: Don't jump when the debuffs are out as it will cause the player who teleports to you to glitch through the floor).
    ----------------------

Phase 2 we keep moving at 50+ energy to avoid the anima font, and a dps is assigned to grab the red swirls off of tanks at 25+ energy to keep them from getting stacks. Monks can use Transcendence to avoid this.

Our melee dumped their add into an inactive large golem, so they could quickly move over and help on the other 9. Didn't make the fight harder at all in my opinion. Our order was pretty much:

Tank 1
    Tank 2
    (melee dumped theirs into large inactive golem 4/8)
    Ranged DPS
    Healers

Tanks just taunted an add over to massive or boss when they needed to. Everyone just spread out. Healers were in middle.

So last night we did a handful of attempts on this boss. All but the last attempt we used the strat where you dump six active smalls into 3 inactive larges then the remaining 6 active small + 3 inactive small into a massive. We would end up getting the boss to around 40 - 45% before the first jolt came out, which seems kinda high to me, making me think we may not have the dps for it since we would likely get 4-5 jolts. The main issue however came from the anima font, as a healer it just felt damn near impossible to keep everyone topped off right before the jolt, so mainly for this strat i am curious how people handle the anima font. Does it have a limited range to where it can spew the bolts? or is it raid wide? We run very melee heavy unfortunately.

On the last attempt we briefly tried the strat with 2 massives since it is the strat if you have lesser dps, but in our 1 attempt before we had to call it a night, i noticed quite frequently the same person would get both matter swaps, which basically always resulted in death, how do you handle this?

You can delay 2 points of anima on Dark Animus by killing one small anima close to a massive after boss drains 2 points from them