Thinking of Returning

Title says it all, I'm thinking of making a comeback but I haven't played since firelands. The new raids look pretty fun and that's primarily my focus. I'm a normal mode / heroic mode raider and I want to get back into the swing of things but I have heard some nightmares about dailies and I don't know if they're as bad as people are making them out to be or even required.

Once I hit level 90, will I be stuck doing dailies before I can even do heroic instances? Are the dailies required before I can even raid? Although I despise LFR, I guess I'm going to have to do it to play catch up since there aren't any catch up 5 man's to get me the required ilvl for the 5.2 raid. How long before I can start running normal raids ?

Since I'm sure most guilds are beyond the first tier of raiding, are there cross realm guilds running these dungeons now? I've heard of something called openraid but not sure if that's what I'm thinking it is.

Any information or clarification would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovaz View Post
    Once I hit level 90, will I be stuck doing dailies before I can even do heroic instances?
    No. It's really easy to get to 435 Ilvl (most of my toons got it before 90).
    Are the dailies required before I can even raid?
    Depends. You need dailies to get the charms that give you an extra roll. So, if you want the BONUS, then yes.
    Although I despise LFR, I guess I'm going to have to do it to play catch up since there aren't any catch up 5 man's to get me the required ilvl for the 5.2 raid. How long before I can start running normal raids ?
    Depends on your luck. If you are lucky like my druid maybe, in 4 weeks my ilvl is 495 and I haven't touched normal (and I don't intend doing it).
    Since I'm sure most guilds are beyond the first tier of raiding, are there cross realm guilds running these dungeons now? I've heard of something called openraid but not sure if that's what I'm thinking it is.
    Not sure. There are many people on my realm that still run them but they always ask for stupid requirements (like Ilvl 490 for normal MSV (the best loot there is 489))
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-03-15 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately the choice is yours. I love the game and the direction it has gone. But, that is just my opinion.

Deleted
    If you want to gear up and experience the fights on normal OpenRaid is a good way to go

Just make sure you have done the LFR's first so you know the mechanics like the back of your hand so you aren't a burden when you step into normal modes