Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    frost - blue; arcane - purple

Thing is, when a Mage uses Fire, it's Fire. When they use Ice, it's Ice. When they use Arcane, well, that's just straight up Arcane magic. Warlocks? They don't do 'just' fire, they use Fel Fire. Flames pulled from demonic energy. It's sickly, twisted, tainted, and inherently corrupting us when we use it.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

We got green fire and but we get nerfs every patch and are completely gimped in pvp.

Enjoy your +40% buffs, your insane control in pvp and topping the charts in pve. Just sayin' :s

Edit: btw 63 rare kills here and no book. Stopped my sub. Playing lock is that fun

Deleted
    Why would arcane and frost mages be using fire?

No.

But mages already have different color spells per spec. I don't understand the point of this post.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklion View Post
    Black fire maybe? :x
    Isn't there any evil dark/black magic mage in the lore ?
    They are called warlocks.

blue fire. im willing to pay double monthly sub for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can have unique flavor and cool stuff without just getting a copy of everything warlocks get.

I'd like to see more of our flavor come from time manipulation, and visual twisting of space and matter. Magey things, not fire.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    No. If anything Mages should get Blood and Electric abilities (spoilers from 5.2 yes) but other than that it should stay as it is. Warlock's Green Fire makes sense both gameplay wise and lorewise, while Mages would have nothing to support their color change at this time.
    Because Frostfire Bolt has nothing to do with blue fire.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I think we can have unique flavor and cool stuff without just getting a copy of everything warlocks get.

I'd like to see more of our flavor come from time manipulation, and visual twisting of space and matter. Magey things, not fire.
    Hourglass from Alter Time.

Lets start demanding it so by level 100 we'll get it, instead of shitty spells from previous bosses (Flame Orb from Taldaram and Rune of Power from Molgeim...)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just mod the textures to get any color you want? You aren't the special lockflake who needs a special epic quest to do it, right?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

tbh, in the interest of making players more unique, transmog was a good first step,

letting locks chose between normal and green another good step,

I would like to see blue purple green black and other colours, made aviable to mages and warlocks,

(ignoring the amount of coding it would need ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why not just mod the textures to get any color you want? You aren't the special lockflake who needs a special epic quest to do it, right?
    Because that is against the ToS and will result in you being permanently banned from World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Because that is against the ToS and will result in you being permanently banned from World of Warcraft.
    It's only against ToS if you edit original files - but you can put your files in data folder without changing the originals.
    And changing color of a spell is hardly a ban-able offense.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's only against ToS if you edit original files - but you can put your files in data folder without changing the originals.
    And changing color of a spell is hardly a ban-able offense.
    It's still technically against the ToS, but Blizzard either doesnt care or looks the other way with minor changes to things like this. They only start handing out bans if you edit models/effects to give yourself and advantage, or start spouting to everyone that you are using model edits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather existing spells get a visual rework. Frostbolt and Arcane Missiles have not been touched since Vanilla, even the "new" fireball is starting to look pretty dated. Arcane Blast is just...can't even see it brah! I also don't want to have to use off-spec spells as part of my main rotation -either-, thank you very much Nether Tempest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Nearly all warlocks use fire at some point and only fire mages use fire. But all mages use arcane magic. Maybe some arcane spells could be replaced by rune magic, you know, the titan version of arcane magic, without any corruption. Dwarves and Vrykuls use this, so it isn't so bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I'd rather existing spells get a visual rework. Frostbolt and Arcane Missiles have not been touched since Vanilla, even the "new" fireball is starting to look pretty dated. Arcane Blast is just...can't even see it brah! I also don't want to have to use off-spec spells as part of my main rotation -either-, thank you very much Nether Tempest.
    Also the L90 talents.

Invocation is still Evocation, which has been the same, boring, shit since vanilla. Rune of Power looks like shit and is dim as hell for others, so no flashy shit there. IW is Mana Shield. BOOOOOOOOOOORING.

The only spell effects I enjoy atm is Frozen Orb and Nether Tempest. THOSE ARCANE FISH OF DEATH.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zehiir View Post
    Nearly all warlocks use fire at some point and only fire mages use fire.
    Blazing Speed, Scorch (pre-nerf), Flameglow, Cauterize, Fire Blast (pre-nerfed glyph), Living Bomb (pre-nerfed glyph).

I didn't know these spells weren't Fire.

PS: Burning Soul is a passive FIRE spell that all Mages passively use to reduce pushback.

PPS: Before MoP, FFB, despite being a Fire and Frost school spell, was listed only in the Fire section (so it's technically still a "Fire" spell)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-17 at 12:50 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'd be willing to bet that Ghostcrawler didnt even think about green fire for warlocks until the blackwater episode of last seasons Game of Thrones. :P

A cool quest line like that for mages only would be awesome, but I'd rather a different sort of visual improvement than just a color change on a few spells. Like an aura around my toon based on what spec I am, that might be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like an update of spells for mages. Electricity would be interesting but highly unlikely because that sounds more suitable for a shaman. I also like the idea of time-y looking twist on mages too.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Green Fire is a perfect fit for Warlocks because Green is the color of Fel Energies, of which Warlocks use exclusively.

Mages use Elemental fire conjured through Arcane. Elemental fire = ordinary, everyday red fire.

I don't think Warlocks should have gotten green fire to begin with because it just opens floodgates for stupid shit ideas like this.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    I don't think Warlocks should have gotten green fire to begin with because it just opens floodgates for stupid shit ideas like this.
    No, they should have, because it's an important way to distinguish Destruction from ghetto-Destro (otherwise known as Fire). The trick is just not listening to people that that suggest this sort of garbage.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 04:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zehiir View Post
    Nearly all warlocks use fire at some point and only fire mages use fire. But all mages use arcane magic. Maybe some arcane spells could be replaced by rune magic, you know, the titan version of arcane magic, without any corruption. Dwarves and Vrykuls use this, so it isn't so bad idea.
    How about no. Just update the existing spells and fix the mechanical issues before introducing gimmicky stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.