Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    CC chaining takes more skill than mindlessly tunneling damage into someone over about 10 seconds until the class with less burst damage dies. I'm not saying CC needs to remain as is, but to remove all CC from PVP would reduce the skill cap to memorizing a 10 second burst rotation. It is not a rational conclusion to decide that because someone is against the removal of all CC, that they are against the removal of any CC.

It also does not literally suck balls. Stop literally ruining literally.

It's not so much that it was hard, but I really felt having to bait out two or three or sometimes even four interrupts before you could safely freecast removed a lot of the reward and ergo fun of fake casting.
    they just need to change the categories from I believe the current 6 or 8 to 3 to 4 for crowd controls. I seriously don't see how a horrify is not a fear...and doesn't share that DR as an example. I am perfectly fine with the amount of CC, just not the different types. Also fear should break on damage period as well as all CC. The point is crowd control not keep someone out of the game long enough while still continually damaging them 50% hp through dots. Stuns are the only one I believe people should be able to take damage while it is still up, however it was brought up once you take a certain %age the stun wears off.

As was said, the thing I would take out is the cooldown reset abilities some classes have....like rogues for example...if you counter their initial setup they can just vanish and start over....that shouldn't happen. Also I would take away permanent stealth. Guild wars stealth mechanic IMO was flawless. You needed to be quick when you went stealth if you were going for damage or you got the hell out of there just as fast. It should not be a permanent thing, also they could scale rogues differently IF they went with that. Lastly unless you are a rogue you get no invisibility/stealth like mages do now even if it is a set duration. It should be reverted back to you can cast it, but once you are invis you can't see anything but your team mates.
    Last edited by valliant13; 2013-04-08 at 09:32 PM.

I play the class I would remove the spell from and I still think its way to OP- If cyclone were to be able to be dispelled or break on dmg I might have a different view, and as to the comment about never using it...um..no? Just because Blizz hasnt fixed it doesnt mean Im not going to use it. Like asking a soilder to not shot his gun because he doesnt agree with the gov't

10+ Year Old Account
    every man for himself, horde would probably win more if the human racial was removed so il go with that lol
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kalan View Post
    Edit: I'm not telling Hunter are not strong... just trying to show that Deterrence is not the uber super skill like everyone says...
    Didnt see you quote anyone so I assumed some stuff I guess. And deterrence isnt bad unless you spec crouching tiger hidden chimera or whatever to make it 1 min AND mirrored blades. Then you have a 1 min damage immunity essentially that reflects spells and is readinessable. In that case its seriously annoying but no one specs the 1 minute anyway so its not that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a melee POV FEAR ... by far FEAR

Pally Bubble is so old and has seen its far share of 'The Bat' compliments of Captain Pinky Crawler

Any Paladin would trade a dispellable Bubble for x3 deterrence with readiness in the same 5 minute window

Dispersion on a 2 minute cd is also pretty nice and way outperforms rets version of not so Divine shield

AE fear is derp mode, priest mindlessly runs to node and AE fears, AE stun roffl racial / AE silence roffl racial / RoNo skill
    Last edited by OmegaManHester; 2013-04-09 at 01:14 AM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    most mage abilities. blink, ring of frost, frost bomb.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Blink and iceblock x2
    Bane

Deleted
    I'd Easily say grounding Totem, I just really don't like it, I don't cast into them but It just I see it and as a feral I have to moonfire or Fairy fire it and its just annoying. Especially since I am usually under time constrictions due to PS on Cyclone.

Not really a skill , but as a pally it would be nice if my cooldowns didn't come with a "Hey look at me" graphic from across the BG.

Blanket silences attached to interrupts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deterence. Makes no sense now that they don't use melee weapons. Mainly because it's annoying as hell though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Many people said deterrence, but why? Hunters can only use it twice in a row and they can't use it while cc'd or stunned.
    Simply because your zoo is still going to be biting them in the ass while you are immune to everything.

Deleted
    Shuriken Toss, Warlocks OP 500-600k shield while having 600k hp, their other shield, double grip for DK's and alot more.

Deleted
    Deterrence is retarded. Both warriors and rogues have only melee immunity with their evasive cooldowns but huntards can roll with complete immunity several times in a row while Pets do massive damage. What the hell was Blizzard thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Shuriken Toss, ....... their other shield, double grip for DK's and alot more.
    Not a bad summery lol

Deleted
    druids....you did mean class, right?

I just started PvPing for the first time since Wrath and I don't think any single ability is the problem. I think the problem is way too many cc abilities that can be used in rapid succession. Against the right group, you can be completely unable do control your toon and get burned without a hope of fighting back.

MoP PvP = fear, stun, disorient, freeze, silence, incapacitate, dead.

I think the best solution would be to simply have a global cc diminishing return. That way, you can still try to cc opponents but they still have a fighting chance.
    Also, I think silence should have a shorter duration. That is way harder to come back from than a disarm for melee, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    May as well remove it in this case, you just made it a 1 minute interrupt. Ah well, I see tons of hilariously class-crippling ideas in here, what's one more.
    A 1 minute cooldown, 8 second lasting silence which you could potentially walk out of, however typhoon and roots could stop that. And a Vortex that could be used in new skillful ways instead of always being used together with beam. Because as of now that promotes little to no skill at all, which is what Im trying to cure with this fix. Ofc this would cripple Moonkins, but that's what this entire thread is about, crippiling classes. If you remove one ability from a class completely, ofc the class is going to be crippled, you would have to give moonkins something in return for them not to be.

My solution at least didn't remove either ability completely, but still promoting skillful play while still nerfing beam+vortex which is rediculously op and so requires so low skill, and even at high mmr it's very very hard to counter (especially before 5.3 when radius is getting nerfed).

Sorry u got butthurt, didn't intend to step on anyone's toes. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    All the abilities that reset some cooldowns.
    I vote for this.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter