Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deathgrip without a doubt.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

All the abilities that reset some cooldowns.
    Heyoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rkd View Post
    May I ask why there's such a dislike for deterrence? Honestly, I'm just curious.
    Because it has like no CD at all. Hunters are already too immune to melees. 1 Deterence is enough!

Death Grip for sure.
    You know when people want you to tell them the truth? They lie.

Every AOE Fear. so anoying when my pet gets ccd in frear thats not meant for it ......

From top to bottom.
    Death grip
    Chains of ice
    Charge
    Solar Beam OR vortex
    Druids ability to shift out of roots

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Because it has like no CD at all. Hunters are already too immune to melees. 1 Deterence is enough!
    WHAT? Deterrence has 2 min CD.. lasts 5 seconds and reduces damage by 30%. if that's a problem to you, then. uhm....... you doing something very wrong..
    When activated, causes you to deflect melee attacks, ranged attacks, and spells, and reduces all damage taken by 30%. While Deterrence is active, you cannot attack. Lasts 5 sec.
    You see the hunter popping deterrence, perfect chance to heal yourself up, for example.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2013-03-16 at 04:50 PM.

Hmm... Tough one.. Armor reducing abilities / Healing reducing (But only if instant instant CC's or immunity were removed).
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

Being able to heal others.

Diablo did and does work without this. Removing healing (not self-healing) increases the pace and the dynamics of the game, healing is only there to drag things to infinity.
    Apart from that, the tank and healer concept is also responsible for very static and repetitive PvE gameplay and it also forces Mobs to be infinitely stupid, as they are not allowed to have artificial intelligence (if they would have it, they wouldn't go for the tank, never). They are aggro controlled, and the aggro concept automatically excludes the existence of AI.
    Last edited by joepesci; 2013-03-16 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Being able to heal others.

Diablo did and does work without this. Removing healing (not self-healing) increases the pace and the dynamics of the game, healing is only there to drag things to infinity.
    Apart from that, the tank and healer concept is also responsible for very static and repetitive PvE gameplay and it also forces Mobs to be infinitely stupid, as they are not allowed to have artificial intelligence (if they would have it, they wouldn't go for the tank, never). They are aggro controlled, and the aggro concept automatically excludes the existence of AI.
    Would say that to be a bit far, you may as well remove selfhealing and stick with potions then. Not a good way to go, leaves out quite alot of support classes from PvP
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

Well I would remove Kidney Shot. There are Long CCs like Cyclone or Freezing Trap but they make your Opponent immune to Damage or cancel when your Opponent receives Damage or short Duration Stuns like Warrior Charge or Venom Web Wrap but Kidney shot is just a Long Stun without any drawback.

ursol's vortex.

Pondering between fears and stealth effects.

Solar beam and Ring of Skill. Can't have things like that in a game that has such huge delay on the server

Blood fear would've been the clear choice for me, but that ship's already sailed. I'm not a big fan of deterrence or bladestorm, but the worst abilities currently in the game are the untrinketable CCs--it's really a tossup between solar beam, fists of fury, and ring of peace. I'd probably remove monks and kill two birds with one stone.

Player skill.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Spells that reset cds of things.
    this 10char
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Deathgrip.

I am tired of getting a healer down to 10% then every idiot DK in the western hemisphere death grips it to add another kill to his Sik Awezome 360N0ScOpE montage, doesn't interrupt the heal and I try and catch the healer as he runs away to safety.

SO does ring of skill mean ring of frost or ring of peace now?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Not a skill necessarily, but I'd remove unshared DR in the same class of skill. So in my perfect world, every fear (aoe or not), every stun (aoe, channeled, whatever), every incapacitate (Poly and Cyclone fit here) would share DR with each other. I don't really buy the philosophy "Well, you can't be hit while this CC is active, which is relevant". The point of CC is to prevent damage on one person or another, with the possible exception of Cyclone, which is sometimes used to prevent healing on a target while waiting for DR or whatever. The point is, CC is CC, regardless of the after/side effects.