Intake and exhaust question

My case is a Corsair C70
    My fan setup is as follows: Front top fan - intake
    Front bottom fan - intake in a push/pull setup for my drives
    Top fans - Intake in a push pull set up for my H100i radiator
    Back fan - Exhaust fan

Is this a good setup or is my intake to outtake ratio to high? Should my fans on my radiator be used for exhaust?

My temps inside my case have been pretty low and I have little to no dust inside my case. I'll post some pictures a little later today when I get my camera back from my cousin.

Since heat rises, the top of the case fans you use as intake now with H100i are basically working 'wrong', fans at the top of the case should always point outwards not in. But since the temperatures are fine and there's no dust just keep it wrong.

Also have you checked temperatures on GPU and motherboard also, not only on CPU?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are happy with the temperatures you are running, don't worry.

Otherwise, turning the H100i fans to exhaust should do.

Do it like this:

The intakes on your radiator should be immediately blowing cold air outside of the case and your rear fan should be the only exhaust. This way just gives much better temps.

that's about how I have it now except I don't have a fan on the bottom of my case yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jholdaway View Post
    that's about how I have it now except I don't have a fan on the bottom of my case yet.
    That's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Do it like this:

The intakes on your radiator should be immediately blowing cold air outside of the case and your rear fan should be the only exhaust. This way just gives much better temps.
    I have this setup, except my H100i fans are set to exhaust out the top. Its my new rig, so im yet to see how dust will enter, but I should have somewhat positive pressure in my case.

Remember that if your top fans take air in, you also risk more dust getting in. Having positive pressure in the case will limit it though.

Having H100i fans blow out will also collect dust on the radiator over time, but with positive air pressure limiting dust coming in, I dont think this will be a problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, a set of computer case fans are hardly capable of overpressuring air. If the pressure inside the case grows bigger than the pressure outside, the air will find its way out without the help of a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    At first i was thinking why the hell would there be a car question in the computers area. But i soon realized that i was wrong and that i can help you MAYBE. I had the same problem with my rig as i was setting it up my fan wouldn't put enough power and cool down all my software i was using. I didn't know what the problem was until i went and bought a new fan what im recommending is that you get the Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm LED Case Fan. It works great and conducts the air great but its going to run you about 23 dollars you can get one on this site (http://www.xoxide.com/bitfenix-spect...FUVN4AodMzYAyw) or go to your local electronics store hope this helped good bye. oh and i forgot that it will help regulate your fan to exhaust ratio buy alot i use it. and it WORKS 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Honestly, a set of computer case fans are hardly capable of overpressuring air. If the pressure inside the case grows bigger than the pressure outside, the air will find its way out without the help of a fan.
    Dont quite know what your point is, but it sounds like you misunderstood my point. I know my PC case isnt a preassure cooker, and if it was, it would be a sucky one due to all the cracks and holes in such a case The point of having fans creating airflow and positive preassure (if you have more intakes than exhausts) still remains, although there is no point in thinking we are trying to create a preassure cooker here. Its PC talk, nothing else really.

You would still need fans to move the air - that the whole point and idea in "airflow", and while air would potentially find its own way out, it would never be better than circulating cold air from intakes to cool your components. Thats what the fans help with. But if you want to go with no fans, be my guest

Again, I dont mean to sound harsh, but I really dont understand your point, so apologies if I misunderstood

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said a thing about going without fans at all, there needs to be an air flow. But if you got more intakes than exhausts.. the air will just find its way out without the help of a fan. Air pressure inside the case is going to be the same as outside the case, really.

Those fans are by far not strong enough to send more air in there than nature can press it out.
    However they are strong enough to resist air coming back, so an intake fan will never have air go out.. unless you have an exhaustless air tight case ofcourse

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I never said a thing about going without fans at all, there needs to be an air flow. But if you got more intakes than exhausts.. the air will just find its way out without the help of a fan. Air pressure inside the case is going to be the same as outside the case, really.

Those fans are by far not strong enough to send more air in there than nature can press it out.
    However they are strong enough to resist air coming back, so an intake fan will never have air go out.. unless you have an exhaustless air tight case ofcourse
    Again, air pressure in a PC case is different to, what can I call it, "real air pressure". Its a figure of speech I guess you can call it. And the whole point to have "PC case positive air pressure" (as opposed to your defination of air pressure) is to blow out air to avoid too much dust entering, as opposed to sucking in too much air with dust in it (aka negative air pressure in these terms). No one said anything about an air tight PC case.

We all know that fans has nothing on Mother Nature, and I dont think anyone ever implied that