Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demonic Gateways can now be destroyed by enemies

Can anyone on the PTR test whether mobs treat them as hostile and will actually attack them? I'm a bit concerned that it may become impossible to set up the portals without aggro'ing nearby bosses and mobs. Also do they have any AOE damage reduction? It would be horrible if a raid boss could just wipe them out with one of their abilities.

I'm also concerned that this change might severely damage their usefullness in battlegrounds. Surely they'll be destroyed very quickly, as soon as an enemy player notices them, and given they have 50% of the Warlock's HP they wont last long either.

The patch notes specifically says enemy players as opposed to just enemies. I believe this will only affect PvP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Demonic Gateway cast time has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds, and can now be attacked and killed by enemy players. Each gateway has 50% of the summoning Warlock's health, and 100% of their resilience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it is all good, atm when I get a gateway down it trivializes a lot of the teams we face in 2s and 3s as it is an amazing defensive ability and offensive depending on when used. For me, if they start attacking it I will just summon a new one and when fighting another warlock attacking it generates more embers for me if they are LoS or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Eh it is all good, atm when I get a gateway down it trivializes a lot of the teams we face in 2s and 3s as it is an amazing defensive ability and offensive depending on when used. For me, if they start attacking it I will just summon a new one and when fighting another warlock attacking it generates more embers for me if they are LoS or something.
    The gateway now has 200-300k hp on average, but the cast time was only reduced by 1 second.
    Arena is one thing but if your Gateway is becoming completely useless in RBG because it will be instant down, whats the point? (i don't play pvp, so this doesn't actually affect me) And for enemy players it's a nice resource generator dummy, really i don't see this change going to last very long in this form.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be useless in arenas as well. 250k hp is absolutely nothing, it'll be destroyed instantly.

They might just as well remove it from arenas completely. I never liked it anyway. But they sure as hell need to compensate warlocks this patch for yet another nerf. We already kind of suck.

this is just bad change, if no other changes will come i will consider stopping my sub, im kinda sick of nerfs after all this years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemasisx View Post
    this is just bad change, if no other changes will come i will consider stopping my sub, im kinda sick of nerfs after all this years.
    Bleh..
    9/10 games the enemy team rushes in and charges/silencing shot/garrote/counter spell/some interrupt... before I can get the gate down. So I never really got to experience it yet. Having it in 10% of the games makes it impossibly to rely on and therefore I and my team never has. I can imagine that it's a quite neat survivability boost, if you are lucky enough to be permitted to summon it, by the enemy team. They should make some kind of interface that pops up when the opposing team is against the warlock, where they can just say "Yes or No" to demonic gates, since they get to decide whether the game will have them or not. Rubbish design.

Dont you notice its utility is WAY OP for pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Dont you notice its utility is WAY OP for pvp?
    It's strong if you manage to set it up, which is not always possible. With the chance now, it's easier to set one up, but it's also very easy to get one destroyed or to be used against you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thing the health on them is far too low. It should be far higher, double or triple what it is. Put a CD on it if necessary but there are plenty of classes that can drop 250k damage without much thinking on it at all and a 4 second cast is still not easy to get off.

It has 50% of your hp when u set it up, so with soullink sac it has around 280k hp, which took fire mage 5sec to get down (dueled in ptr) with instant casts only.
    the design is horrible, there is only 50% of the maps that gateway is availble (lol dalaran arena...) and only rly affective in 3 maps (with 4 pillars and etc)

Useless for rbgs now, with no real compensation. Even GC said afflic could use some kind of tuning for pvp, but they didn't wanna buff dots...
    Hey, it could be worse.. the hp could've made it aggro bosses in pve.

About time

After all, warlocks are so OP in PvP right now, and need more nerfs... not

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for destroying the gateway, bu they kinda overdid the nerf.

It only has 50% of the warlocks hp and 100% of his resil. Now I'm wondering if it's healable or not. If it's not healable it should have somewhat higher hp, either 100% of the warlocks hp, or 150%. If it is healable, then yeah, it's fine.

All in all yet another class whose level 87 ability has been ruined

Deleted
    It's great that it can be destroyed, but 50% of my health?!

Maybe 150% or 200% of my HP so it won't get 2 shot by a warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    It's great that it can be destroyed, but 50% of my health?!

Maybe 150% or 200% of my HP so it won't get 2 shot by a warrior.
    Shamans wanna have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Shamans wanna have a word with you.
    Oh totems have a 4 second interruptable cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Oh totems have a 4 second interruptable cast?
    Seeing as how the poster quoted a post referring to the health of the gate, i'm just going to take a wild guess and say he's comparing that to the health of totems.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Seeing as how the poster quoted a post referring to the health of the gate, i'm just going to take a wild guess and say he's comparing that to the health of totems.
    Which makes a 4 second interruptable cast a completely valid argument, taking to consideration the cast time and the 15 second buildup thereafter before it has any use at all, the Gateways hould have at least 20 times the EHP of a totem.