Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalfc View Post
    So many great sci-fi movies. I'm a big fan of the Alien series, Bladerunner, the Thing (1982), the Abyss, Sunshine, Moon, the Terminator series, District 9, Super 8, Gattaca, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind, 2001, Serenity/Firefly, Battlestar Galatica (even though it's a show), the Man from Earth, Equilibrium, Troll Hunter, Reign of Fire, Event Horizon, Sphere. Sorry, I got a little carried away. & I know several are cheesy but I like them anyway.
    You mentioned the Man from Earth, too! Did you just read my reply or came up with it yourself? What a coincidence It's a gem basically no one has seen. All the people I've recommended it to have liked it tremendously
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    2. The man from Earth (a college professor is having a goodbye-party to his colleagues because he is leaving the town to move somewhere else, he tells quite an unordinary story to his closest people)
    This is easily one of the most riveting and underrated sci-fi movies I have ever seen, just goes to show with a Simple set, a small cast and a great story you can make a truly amazing film

Deleted
    Gattaca, no doubt

Trying to pick things not already mentioned . . .

Ghost in the Shell and Starship Troopers are both great but for very different reasons.

I also really enjoyed both The Postman and Waterworld, despite all the criticism they get, though possibly not the kind of science fiction you're looking for.

Deleted
    For something modern with an atmosphere you could cut with a knife, Upside Down.

Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    You mentioned the Man from Earth, too! Did you just read my reply or came up with it yourself? What a coincidence It's a gem basically no one has seen. All the people I've recommended it to have liked it tremendously
    I saw the Man from Earth about 2 yrs ago on netflix. It's an incredible movie that sucked me in. I actually started writing my reply before you posted yours, I was just really slow thinking about my list.

+1 to many of the suggestions here, but also Primer is fantastic if you can track it down. I don't think I saw 12 Monkeys listed yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    awesome, thanks for this thread! Seems like a few decent sci fi films out there I haven't even heard of yet. can't wait to go home and be a pirate yohohoooo

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdemenzes View Post
    +1 to many of the suggestions here, but also Primer is fantastic if you can track it down. I don't think I saw 12 Monkeys listed yet.
    Can't believe I forgot 12 Monkeys, awesome movie. I just added it to my original post. lol

Deleted
    Pitch Black

Alien and Aliens(3 and 4 were garbage, skip em)
    Predator series(the original is a classic, Predator 2 is really dumb but still kinda fun, Predators is a step up from 2 but still not as good as the first, skip the Aliens vs Predator crap as they suck)
    Pitch Black
    The Thing(1982 version, though the original is also good IF you like classic 50's sci-fi)
    Event Horizon(glad to see this one getting some love here)
    Terminator 1-2
    Robocop(1st one only)
    The Abyss
    Cube
    Tremors(sequels aren't nearly as good as the first)
    The Matrix
    Inception
    Blade Runner
    Equilibrium
    Dark City(really deserves to be seen by more people!)
    Serenity(helps if you've already seen the Firefly series)
    District 9
    Total Recall(Arnold version, haven't seen the new one)
    12 Monkeys
    I, Robot
    They Live(action, sci-fi, and satire, meant for the Reagan-era but still applies today)
    Escape From New York
    Outland(it's basically High Noon in space, with Sean Connery)
    Trancers 1-2(fun, low budget, sci-fi that's actually kinda unique)

These films are "old" but I wouldn't call them "shite" films:
    Godzilla/Gojira(the original was a much darker film than the ones that came after, and should be seen, preferably the subtitled Japanese version. The 1985-1995 Godzilla movies also had a darker tone, overall, especially Godzilla vs Destroyah, which is rather grim)
    The Beast From 20000 Fathoms(this was one of the movies that really inspired Godzilla)
    Them!(sure, the effects are way behind modern levels, but the movie is remarkably suspenseful for it's time period, and has one of the most memorable sound effects in history)