Thread: sims yes sims

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You don't buff/nerf classes based on sims and sim rankings alone. Ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Death Knights really could use a buff in PvE, man their entire class is low as far as DPS goes. I'd understand if one spec wasn't doing so well being near the bottom of the sims, but all three specs (Frost 2h, Unh and DW Frost) is kind of overkill.
    ^^ That's the thing. You can't base nerfs/buffs on sims as they might not even be correct. As it stands all DKs seem to be pretty happy with their performance in the game so far this tier... So what are you going to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Death Knights really could use a buff in PvE, man their entire class is low as far as DPS goes. I'd understand if one spec wasn't doing so well being near the bottom of the sims, but all three specs (Frost 2h, Unh and DW Frost) is kind of overkill.
    I'm currently playing dw frost at 522 ilvl and competing with similarly geared dps of other classes, for now we are fine in real encounters.

Deleted
    I guess i'm behind the curve gear-wise but sitting at ilvl 502 odd unholy was doing a lot less dps than 2h frost for me on the same fights . Either that or i'm just a really terribad dk these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I'm currently playing dw frost at 522 ilvl and competing with similarly geared dps of other classes, for now we are fine in real encounters.
    This.
    Just got my two 522 last night, looking for tonight to see the performance increase ; but before getting those i was still doing fine and WoL ranks can prove themselves had few rank 10/20/30 as DW (the supposed inferior spec in 5.2) with double 496 weapons (yes not even upgraded).
    We don't need any buffs, just remember to abuse AMS and time procs/trinkets.

Don't get yourself trolled by sims, tank and spank patchwerk fight mechanism with 0.02 sec reaction times don't exist. Sims are great for upgrades and choosing gear/gemming.

As a DPS, every fight you should be trying to make it as much of a Patchwerk as possible. Saying you can't have 99% uptime on a boss is a cop-out, to be honest.

Some fights you may have to move, but the majority of bosses you're supposed to be managing mechanics and DPSing as optimally as you can. Getting a readout of what your potential dps can be at 100% uptime is what you should be shooting for in real world situations. If you move from the boss to avoid a mechanic, and stop hitting him which causes a drop in DPS, that's your problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If you move from the boss to avoid a mechanic, and stop hitting him which causes a drop in DPS, that's your problem.
    Totally quoting out of context here but lmfao... Here we have it folks, if you die from standing in the fire it's not your fault... you were just trying to reach what simcraft said your dps can be!

It's a valid point, how you choose to interpret it is up to you.

There will be plenty of situations where a boss mechanic will cause us to lose damage, and it's up to us to make sure that the damage loss is as small as possible. Of course not moving from fire and dying is a damage loss, so this is something that we want to avoid.

There will also be situations where we can gain damage through anti magic shell, aoe and so on, and we need to make the damage increase as significant as possible.

Deleted
    However if a sim shows me I can get 0.5% less dps single target patchwerk when using strength gems vs haste gems... But that translates into 2% more dps in an AOE or light movement situation I'm going to go with the movement option. As much as we should "aim for patchwerk dps" it's just not plausible in 90% of situations due to AOE/movement/target switching skewing the numbers. Sims are fine, they just need to be mixed with a bit of common sense.

And AMS absorbs can be added to simcraft anyway.

Pretty much.

Sims are useful to the extent that you know what to do with them.

If you don't know what a sim is telling you it isn't useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I am so pissed that if my sword from Qon drops I will have to replace my 517 upgraded scimitar and not my 504 sha touched shit.

The rotation for frost leaves so much downtime, but some of my fronds have been using Blood Tap instead of Runic Empowerment and apparently is decreases the downtime significantly and increases their DPS. Can anyone confirm that Blood Tap is a better option?

Blood tap gives fewer runes overall than runic empowerment but it's better anyway for a variety of reasons, and if you can use anti magic shell well you pretty much won't have empty gcds regardless.

Dks are in a good spot.
    Simc is an amazingly useful tool, and is very accurate, as it has people far smarter than me keeping it up to date and working. It does what you tell it to. Dks might be near the bottom on training dummies, but who cares? Try adding in ams, tightening up the profile, adding some movement, some player error, toss in some target swaps and add phases, add some lag, and then let's see what the rankings look like.
    Dks are in a good spot. Let's not screw it up.