1. #1

    Twin Consorts - When to Use Celestial Help

    Last night, we downed consorts in 3 pulls. Since we had three healers, I went down below for our kill to ensure that we didn't hit the berserk timer.

    It looked as if the celestial help can only be used once a piece between the day/night phases and then reset for the breaking dawn phase.

    My question is when is the best time to use the help?

    My initial thoughts were:

    Night:
    Use slow to avoid the celestial barrage.

    Right before the transition to day, use the stam increase.

    Day:
    Use the HoT/Mana buff at the beginning before you get your first meteor.

    Use Damage buff sometime after.

    Breaking dawn:

    Use slow right at the beginning for tidal force

    Use Damage next while both are up

    Use stam

    then use HoT/Mana

    Any other thoughts in how to order the Celestial help?

  2. #2
    The Patient edlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheroba View Post
    Last night, we downed consorts in 3 pulls. Since we had three healers, I went down below for our kill to ensure that we didn't hit the berserk timer.

    It looked as if the celestial help can only be used once a piece between the day/night phases and then reset for the breaking dawn phase.

    My question is when is the best time to use the help?

    My initial thoughts were:

    Night:
    Use slow to avoid the celestial barrage.

    Right before the transition to day, use the stam increase.

    Day:
    Use the HoT/Mana buff at the beginning before you get your first meteor.

    Use Damage buff sometime after.

    Breaking dawn:

    Use slow right at the beginning for tidal force

    Use Damage next while both are up

    Use stam

    then use HoT/Mana

    Any other thoughts in how to order the Celestial help?
    Wait... they reset during breaking dusk? :O We killed it in 2-3 pulls as well and failed to notice this lol

  3. #3
    Yeah I was under the impression they were only usable once per fight.

    We used Xuen as soon as the third phase started then went straight for Yu'lon then Chiji, ignoring Niuzao entirely.

  4. #4
    Wait what? Can someone else confirm...

    We also though you could use it just once per fight.
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

  5. #5
    Field Marshal rodney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Valley of Wisdom
    Posts
    68
    statues indeed reset in the third phase of the fight.

  6. #6
    Yeah, they definitely reset in the phase where you have both of them up. We just used them all in the daylight phase except the slow time one which we didn't really touch.

  7. #7
    They reset for the Dusk phase and most people are probably basing the non-reset information off of Icy Veins guide which is based off of the PTR.


    Anyways, we just used them randomly because the person wanted to try doing it. We did purposely slow time for the Waves.

    One shot the boss and didn't even have to use Heroism.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Wait what? Can someone else confirm...

    We also though you could use it just once per fight.
    Yeah, I know for sure they reset because we used 3 out of 4 Helps through night/day and when phase 3 hit, we got all statues back.

  9. #9
    Question: In 10N who should be running the patterns? Healer or DPS (assuming 3 heal?)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazily View Post
    Question: In 10N who should be running the patterns? Healer or DPS (assuming 3 heal?)
    If you are a guild who needs to use the special abilities I would recommend one of the healers doing it to avoid hitting berserk.
    You could try not using them but if you find the fight too hard without then your dps is probably not high enough to spare a dps to run the patterns either.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

    Kesandri Level 90 Shaman
    Chlóe Level 90 Death Knight
    Ashlinn Level 90 Mage
    Whats in the boX - EU Dragonblight - www.witb.eu

  11. #11
    On normal, using Ox or Tiger is pointless before Dusk, it's just a waste of time unless Cosmic Barrage is killing you (which it shouldn't be). Yu'lon is nice to give the healers a break and mana refresh mid-way through Day, and Cranes is of course just more damage so you definitely want to use it during Day. After that, they all reset when Dusk starts so you get to plan again.

    Use Tiger for one Tidal Force and Ox for another, if you're getting more than 2 your DPS needs to pick it the hell up. You can try to fit Cranes between the two Tidal Forces, but I wouldn't recommend it as being late by 5 seconds will cause you to be unable to get Ox for the second Tidal Force. Anyway, after Suen is dead you're free to pop the remaining Cranes and Serpent signs for the extra boost to make sure you close out the fight. Heroic strat requires a bit more thought, but for normal all that's important is to use Cranes and Serpent at some point before Dusk, and then pop either Tiger or Ox for each Tidal Force during Dusk.

  12. #12
    On normal never use the Ox or Tiger.

    Use crane when Day 1st becomes active.
    Use dragon 20 seconds before Day ends so you have the buff carrying over into phase 2.

    As soon as phase 2 starts use crane.

    Kill boss.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazily View Post
    Question: In 10N who should be running the patterns? Healer or DPS (assuming 3 heal?)
    If you have trouble with berserk then healer, if you have trouble with survival then DPS. It really doesn't matter, its a joke of a fight. If you can kill the previous 10 bosses you can kill this one easily.


  14. #14
    We just completely ignored all these mechanics and killed them easily. The only thing you want to do is pull Bloodlust in the day phase so the fiery lady dies as fast as possible. Break of dawn phase is pretty harsh damage wise.

  15. #15
    use crane one right before dusk and then use crane during dusk, tiger during the fiery spin in night phase and healing in day/dusk phases (if needed at all) to help healers' mana

  16. #16
    Use crane when it can hit both targets in night phase - time it right and youll be rewarded by it doing twice dmg almost then if you use it randomly/in day phase.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •