10+ Year Old Account

Need tips for shadow PvP

Hello mmo-c!

Started doing arenas semi-seriously this season as a shadow priest, never done any for anything but capping conquest until now. I'm only doing 2s so yeah its not relevant but still i'm enjoying it. I'm playing with a frost mage if that matters. My current issues are that when I get pressure (I always do but it usually isnt an issue UNLESS...) for à death knight or hunter. So my fellow shadow priest PvPers out there, I need some tips about what to do to stay alive when i'm getting pressured by a hunter or DK. What I'm asking is mostly dueling tips to know what to do on a 1v1 scenario against those two classes. I know my friend frost mage can help me and such but i'd like to know what you guys usually do... so i'll know if I forget something or that i'm doing something wrong.

I know i can glyph psychic horror for more disarms, i also know my silence is good tool against DKs... but my horror and silence are also pretty vital to CC à healer to go for the kill on his teammate in 2v2... I'm seriously clueless about what to do against hunters and DK, i'm usually fine with any other classes..

I know many people like duels so what do you do against hunters/DKs in duels fellow shadow priests?

Thanks for any tips and sorry for my english as it's not my first language!

Edit: If that matters i'm only 1600 atm but the unholy DK and the hunter than gave me trouble were both from nearly 1800 teams (1780)
    Last edited by Pol-Kinabol; 2013-03-16 at 04:34 PM.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    Hello mmo-c!

Started doing arenas semi-seriously this season as a shadow priest, never done any for anything but capping conquest until now. I'm only doing 2s so yeah its not relevant but still i'm enjoying it. I'm playing with a frost mage if that matters. My current issues are that when I get pressure (I always do but it usually isnt an issue UNLESS...) for à death knight or hunter. So my fellow shadow priest PvPers out there, I need some tips about what to do to stay alive when i'm getting pressured by a hunter or DK. What I'm asking is mostly dueling tips to know what to do on a 1v1 scenario against those two classes. I know my friend frost mage can help me and such but i'd like to know what you guys usually do... so i'll know if I forget something or that i'm doing something wrong.

I know i can glyph psychic horror for more disarms, i also know my silence is good tool against DKs... but my horror and silence are also pretty vital to CC à healer to go for the kill on his teammate in 2v2... I'm seriously clueless about what to do against hunters and DK, i'm usually fine with any other classes..

I know many people like duels so what do you do against hunters/DKs in duels fellow shadow priests?

Thanks for any tips and sorry for my english as it's not my first language!

Edit: If that matters i'm only 1600 atm but the unholy DK and the hunter than gave me trouble were both from nearly 1800 teams (1780)
    Shadow Priest / Frost Mage is probably one of the best comps possible for a Spriest. Your mage will have to spend alot of the time peeling you
    for you to get of your damage at all.

Just be prepared that most games will be about you trying to be alive and your teammate trying to keep you alive.

Against hunter-teams i find it useful to go with void tendrils for the pets because that way you wont have to deal with everything at once.
    Using shackle undead on the DKs pet when it is in badass-mode is also a good idea.

Its all about practice tho and staying alive and your mage friend will have to babysit you 24/7.

Its a great comp but with a slightly higher skillcap than most other double-dps comps out there. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply! However I'm already doing these things against the pets, so I guess my mate has to peel me a bit more!
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Strong coordinated burst against DKs to force them to be more defensive is huge, Shadow Mage is all about big pressure at the top and peeling and healing until you can coordinate that big burst again

10+ Year Old Account
    That seems to go fine indeed hikamiro, on double dps teams. I've been having trouble against a unholy paired with a hpal, the unholy being defensive is one thing, having a healer on top of that is something else... if we CC the healer we have less tools against the DK, e.g. no silence to prevent AMS for quicker burst and such... I supose playing more and more will give us some exp and we'll learn tricks :P Thanks alot for your feedback guys much appreciated!

Deleted
    That seems to go fine indeed hikamiro, on double dps teams. I've been having trouble against a unholy paired with a hpal, the unholy being defensive is one thing, having a healer on top of that is something else... if we CC the healer we have less tools against the DK, e.g. no silence to prevent AMS for quicker burst and such... I supose playing more and more will give us some exp and we'll learn tricks :P Thanks alot for your feedback guys much appreciated!
    Uh/Healer will be r1 this season for sure. Uh got some insane buffs this patch so i guess there is nothing more to do than to bend over ;D

if you line up the damage right that paladin shud die on second deep freeze, where the first one is bubbled.

Just gotta perfect your synergy with your partner. as mentioned earlier the trascending from bursting to defensive and vice versa aswell as creating cc chains(i.e. not randomly mashing fear because someones on you, use well timed cc).

Honestly, the more time you invest with your partner discussing what you did bad, what you did well and how you'd do things better/change and it'll come along.

you're quite fortunate to play a comp that easily translates to 3v3 too! similar play styles for both of you then put a healer in the mix and your tool box has grown loads!

Deleted
    I will just jump in here with a small question.
    I have a little problem against rogues so i was wondering if u guys have some tip for that? ^^

Just gotten a little more into pvp this season, was mostly doing BGs at the start of the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elmachino View Post
    I will just jump in here with a small question.
    I have a little problem against rogues so i was wondering if u guys have some tip for that? ^^

Just gotten a little more into pvp this season, was mostly doing BGs at the start of the expansion.
    1v1 you will be fucked by a rogue. There is really nothing you can do when going up against a rogue with cooldowns and gear
    except hoping that he is REALLY bad at playing rogue