Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So, Warlocks got their green fire... What about blue/purple fire for mages?

In Cataclysm (and perhaps even as far back as WotLK? I can't rightly remember, to be honest) we have seen NPC spellcasters using blue and purple versions of Mage fire spells.

Do you think that Blizzard will ever get around to adding a question/option for mages to use green or purple fire in the future? Would you even want to make use of this feature?

(((Also, if anyone can recall the name of this special type of fire, I would appreciate being told. The green fire that warlocks use is called felflame, correct? Wasn't the purple/blue fire that the Twilight Cultists used in Cataclysm called twilight fire?)))

twilight magic is related to old gods and its a combination of holy and shadow, if anybody should be using twilight its priests :P

You mean like frostfire bolt?

Nah, blizz is not gonna do it, they made an exception for warlocks because they kept whining and nagging about it for several years already :P We'd have to do the same

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have blue and purple stuff.

Its called Ice and Arcane Magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind some sort of option to change the looks for certain spells, but it doesnt necessarily have to be a change of colour for our spells. Some sort of cool aura or whatever would be cool as well. But to be completely honest, I think the warlock green fire quest line took a good amount of time of the devs, I'd rather they spent the time on redesigning/revamping the mage class (if they would ever consider doing such a thing to mages) instead of making spells look different

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

No. If anything Mages should get Blood and Electric abilities (spoilers from 5.2 yes) but other than that it should stay as it is. Warlock's Green Fire makes sense both gameplay wise and lorewise, while Mages would have nothing to support their color change at this time.

It would be great if the casts and spells had some cool colours/graphics, but think of the lag it would generate. I'm still reeling over the first time that I was in a 25-man raid where the screen simply froze on the pull for ten seconds, lit up as if every pyrotechnic on the planet was focused there and I couldn't do anything except to listen to people screaming in Vent that a lot of people weren't doing anything...

My graphics were already set on low, which didn't help whatsoever. The second and third pulls were better, and by the time that the group had downed that boss, we were running fairly smoothly.

So, while it could be loads of fun, we have to remember that our graphics cards and processors might not be able to handle it all at first.

I think the water elemental model is due for an ugprade, but I suppose that wouldn't really be a big enough thing to build a quest around.

Blood magic/Electricity is something I would like to see too.

I hate to break it to you, however when warlocks life tap or use blood horror or any ability that takes health it's blood magic. So i wouldn't expect mages to get a form of that any time soon.

I'd rather see the developers spending their time on other things, personally, but if it got added I'd check it out.

Black fire maybe? :x
    Isn't there any evil dark/black magic mage in the lore ?

Deleted
    Mages generally need a visual buff to their 3 iconic abilities. Arcane blast, Fire bolt, and frostbolt.

Deleted
    i want my green monk to get purple spells and my gnome warrior pink spells and my dwarf pala brown spells

it took 5 years to get green fire. maybe you'll get different mage fire before wow ends.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can just predict all the "blue balls" jokes coming up if mages were ever - don´t know why though - to get blue fireballs. But funny how other classes start complaining or "suggesting" that that should get some different color ability once another (who btw. clearly deserve it as a class) get it.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Everything should be arcane coloured or "Astral" like the titans.
    They use Arcane magic too, we're pretty much playing with the raw forces of creation.

Every thread like this, all I see is "the lore says no".

That's a silly excuse.

The lore is made to fit the game engine. The game engine is not made to fit the lore.

I don't play a mage, but people using lore to limit the game are silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post

Nah, blizz is not gonna do it, they made an exception for warlocks because they kept whining and nagging about it for several years already :P We'd have to do the same
    Yes and rightly so, the most absurd part about it was the fact blizzard didnt implement green fire to fit warlocks since day one.
    As for mages well you cant really get any more colours for your class, orange purple and blue fits all 3 of your specs...you look like a disco ball as it is when you button bash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post

More like ''Mages use fire. Warlocks use ''Fel magic''. Why do they look identical?''. But sure, your reason sounds credible and not at all biased.