Deleted

5.2 High-End PvP Windwalker or Mistweaver

Greetings folks,

I'm currently running in some issues. Since I'm quit raiding and now focussing fully on PvP with my monk I'm wondering what spec will be the most valuable for High-End PvP in arena and RBG?

I have use the last week after patch release to farm some decent windwalker-gear and so far I'm enjoying it pretty much.

What is your opinion and/or advise? Should I spend my honor/conquest-points for windwalker or mistweaver-gear?

Maybe some of you have allready done some arena in both specs and can give me and other some tips what so do.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monks, with the addition of Ring of Peace, have entered the realm of RBG's. Teams will actually want them. Though, because of teams not wanting overloads of melee, you'd be better off being Mistweaver for RBG's.

WW will be better for arena though, as Mistweavers are a little susceptible to CC. WW, with nimble brew and the ability to disarm/stun like crazy, are pretty damn nice for Arena.

Windwalker for either, but it will be much harder to get in an RBG as WW. (Just advertise that you can use a broken ability every 45s in your trade spam)
    Mistweaver for RBGs are decently wanted, and pretty annoying in 2s if played with the correct partners that can peel for you to let you get CC off (wars, dks, rogues, mages).

Both specs have ridiculous mobility making them fun to play regardless, if only to majorly piss off your opponent(s).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Monks, with the addition of Ring of Peace, have entered the realm of RBG's. Teams will actually want them. Though, because of teams not wanting overloads of melee, you'd be better off being Mistweaver for RBG's.

WW will be better for arena though, as Mistweavers are a little susceptible to CC. WW, with nimble brew and the ability to disarm/stun like crazy, are pretty damn nice for Arena.
    Ive been rbging, were have you been? MW has been optimal for rbgs way before rop came along.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Mistweaver for RBGs. They are probably best healer for RBGs at the moment.

WW for Arena.

You have to decide if you prefer RBG or arena, because either spec is far superior in one of them. It's not even close.

RBG: MW >>>>> WW (You are #1 in heal, you don't die, you don't go oom and you have decent utility)
    Arena: WW >>>>> MW (MW is the only healer without any form of anti cc and except for your healing cds [revival and life cocoon] you don't have reliable high HPS spells for topping your team [Healing Spheres are hard to hit on your team members and surging mist just instantly oom's you]). That is for 3on3 at least. In 2on2 you are pretty good with a DK and 5on5 is playable because of second dispel (evon though just about any other healer would be equally good or stronger in pretty much any setup). So MW in arena (especially 3on3) is only recommended for masochists =)