Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Proving Grounds in 5.2?

Has anyone heard, if proving grounds is going to make it into patch 5.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodey View Post
    Has anyone heard, if proving grounds is going to make it into patch 5.2?
    It and the Dance Studio will.

The Proving grounds would be a pretty big feature and something Blizzard would announce alongside a patch hitting the PTR. Since there's nothing on it in the patch notes nor nothing Chaud or Boubouille have datamined regarding it from the 5.2 patch, you can make one of 2 conclusions:
    1.) Proving Grounds will not be in 5.2
    2.) Proving Grounds may be added later in the PTR cycle

Chances are the Proving Grounds will be in an odd patch (5.3 or perhaps 5.5 if the expansion goes that far) and not released along side a raid.

As of right now, Proving Grounds are in the same pile as the Dance Studio and Aerial Combat. No one but Blizzard knows when it will be released (or if it even will be).

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    As of right now, Proving Grounds are in the same pile as the Dance Studio and Aerial Combat. No one but Blizzard knows when it will be released (or if it even will be).
    Not really. Dance Studio and Aerial Combat are very old myths which appeared at around start of WotLK (maybe later). Proving Grounds is "fresh" myth, and so far they are being worked on as there were some details about it in blue posts recently (nothing concrete though).

They will be added in MoP, but definitely not in 5.2.

Dance Studio may see fruition with the new character models... all those new animations being done, would be an excellent time to finish that little side-project off.

Aerial Combat.... no.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Proving grounds....? Tol'vir proving grounds ....... ? I thought that arena came out with the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    Proving grounds....? Tol'vir proving grounds ....... ? I thought that arena came out with the expansion.

It's basically like something where you literally prove yourself in how to DPS tank or heal and know your class. Kind of like a tutorial of sorts. People complain how there is so many bad players, something like this could help. Of course there will always be bads but this could reduce it significantly if implemented correctly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    It's basically like something where you literally prove yourself in how to DPS tank or heal and know your class. Kind of like a tutorial of sorts. People complain how there is so many bad players, something like this could help. Of course there will always be bads but this could reduce it significantly if implemented correctly.

Oooooooooooooh,, that sounds good, they better impliment it good. I call heartglen for pallies and priest, and scholomance for warlocks and mage.

There seems to be a lot coming next patch so I'd bet it will come out with the next one.

10+ Year Old Account

So it's essentially Brawler's Guild Lite?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the "Proving Grounds" idea was implemented via Brawler's Guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It and the Dance Studio will.
    Stupid old and used argument. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    I thought the "Proving Grounds" idea was implemented via Brawler's Guild?
    They mentioned it before that Brawler's Guild is unrelated to the "Proving Grounds". Brawler's Guild is it's own thing, Proving Grounds would have a Tank and Healer section to it, along with a lot of other things.

I would love to see this used as some sort of test a character has to pass before queue'ing LFR.

Imagine a world where everyone in LFR actually knows what most of their buttons do.

Imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Not really. Dance Studio and Aerial Combat are very old myths which appeared at around start of WotLK (maybe later). Proving Grounds is "fresh" myth, and so far they are being worked on as there were some details about it in blue posts recently (nothing concrete though).

Aerial combat and the dance studio were not myths. Blizzard was going to release them with Wotlk but held it back for whatever reason. The Wotlk box actually has dance studio on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post

Aerial combat is even mentioned on the box of WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that is what the brawlers guild was going to be, learn your class better, it's abilities, not stand in crap, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    I thought that is what the brawlers guild was going to be, learn your class better, it's abilities, not stand in crap, etc.
    And it is, but only for DPS. Tanks and healers have no place at all on Brawler's Guild. I see it as the "big" feature of a odd patch too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    And it is, but only for DPS. Tanks and healers have no place at all on Brawler's Guild. I see it as the "big" feature of a odd patch too.
    There could be room for improvement there though, queue as a healer and get different fights requiring to heal a npc or something, or tanks could require managing cds and not die to mobs or something.

Quote Originally Posted by johokessl View Post
    Dance Studio may see fruition with the new character models.
    Yeah I agree, skeletons had to be altered for some of the models no doubt which would have caused problems if they had released the dance studio earlier. Its the only real reason I can think of as to why they would have delayed it anyway, unless they just felt like they didnt need it at the time of course...