Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Basically every week it's almost a guarantee that you will get a key off your first rare for the week. If you get a chest instead, same deal, you usually get a key. But, you can only get one off of a rare or a chest. So if you kill a rare and get a key, if you loot a chest somewhere on the isle, you won't get a key, and vice versa. Now a second key is possible from an arcane trove, but it's a low chance. Between 2-4% apparently. I've gotten one from an arcane trove before. Being that you can get two arcane troves in stage 4, you have a chance of getting 3 keys at the start of every Tuesday, though it would be insanely rare. lol Basically just continue doing the dailies every day and hope you get another key for the week.

This is partially correct. You have roughly a 90% chance to get a key off a rare or treasure trove. I say about 90% because there are some times you won't find one, but most of the time you do. After you've obtained one key from this means then you have a small chance, probably like 1-2% to loot it from the other.

So let's say you loot one off a rare, you would roughly have a 1-2% chance to loot one from a trove still and vice versa. You also, as mentioned, have a small chance to receive one via the daily chest.

This is all based off personal experience, and even a blue mentioned awhile back you can get one guaranteed a week and after that you can still get it from "other sources" that you did not get it from that week already.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Basically every week it's almost a guarantee that you will get a key off your first rare for the week. If you get a chest instead, same deal, you usually get a key. But, you can only get one off of a rare or a chest. So if you kill a rare and get a key, if you loot a chest somewhere on the isle, you won't get a key, and vice versa.
    Sorry but this isn't true. I have gotten a key from both a rare and a chest spawn every week resulting in two keys every week. Lol the sad part is I'm capped at 20 charms with nothing to use them on. Here's hoping we get offspec rolls with patch!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I understand what the OP is trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    First kill of the week is instant drop, second is rare as hell.
    This here used to be my reality. I'd kill one or two rares and get an easy key. This week however I found a chest before killing any rares and lucky me found a key in said chest! I thought that meant I'd easily have 2 keys at least since I hadn't got any keys from rares yet, but I've been farming these dookers for hours, probably killed like 50 of them and no second key. Could it be that Blizzard changed it so now we can only have 1 key per week, no matter the source? Has anyone gotten more than 1 key this week?

I wish there was some confirmation on exactly how this works, cos ingame I've talked to several people who have managed to get multiple keys from mobs in one week>
    Ran into someone yesterday who got 1 from a rare, and 2 more separately from normal mobs.

I've never been this lucky, but have talked to many others who have gotten at least 2 keys a week from mob looting/rares.

Only time I managed to get two, was where one came from the daily trove.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    I wish there was some confirmation on exactly how this works, cos ingame I've talked to several people who have managed to get multiple keys from mobs in one week>
    Blue post about this from Bashiok:
    "Just to clarify on drop chances for ritual stones and keys, you can only obtain one Key to the Palace of Lei Shen (aka treasure room) from any creature on the island, including the Isle of Thunder Rare Elites. Once you've already looted one off of a creature, no more will drop from creatures for your character that week. Additional keys can potentially drop from other select sources, but are extremely rare and not something you can try to farm."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087090109#7

I get a key once a week from either a rare mob or a golden treasure chest (whichever comes first). I had someone say they looted two keys from one rare mob kill but I can't confirm if this was true.

Then the only time I've ever received more than that one key is by finishing the dailies by doing the "quest boss" and getting one as a reward in the Sunreaver Bounty chest. The most keys I've had in one week is 3 (very lucky!).
    Last edited by Liliannan; 2013-04-05 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Added link