Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Making Random Battlegrounds not work for premade groups

Is it only me who thinks this? Warsong Gulch is the Call to Arms right now and what does that mean? Premade groups of 5 everywhere. I'm not even sure why, but tonight I've met against a TON good geared premades that has so much better communication. While it's not as big of a problem as in TBC, I still think it's a problem.

It feels so unfair that those premade have such a bigger advantage, so I think Random Battlegrounds should become more RANDOM and make you not able to queue together with others.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I shouldn't be able to play with my friends because you don't like getting rolled.

Then they shouldn't allow you to queue in groups for lfg or raid finder.
    Since it's really unfair that when people play together in pve they gear up quicker.

why not make your own premade group if you keep getting beat?

Deleted
    I have to say though, when I'm queueing with others I want it to be there but when I queue alone I don't. I'm not sure how to implent something to fix both tbh.

Deleted
    I KNOW what if you had a random battleground ladder? Then if you queue with others, you would be put into the ladder of the one with the highest. So a person with the rating of 1500 will be put into his friends rating of 1700 when grouping with him. The better you play the higher up the ladder you go.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I have to say though, when I'm queueing with others I want it to be there but when I queue alone I don't. I'm not sure how to implent something to fix both tbh.
    It doesn't need fixing.

I KNOW what if you had a random battleground ladder? Then if you queue with others, you would be put into the ladder of the one with the highest. So a person with the rating of 1500 will be put into his friends rating of 1700 when grouping with him. The better you play the higher up the ladder you go.
    So.. you want to turn random BGs in to rated BGs?
    Because that's what you just described.

So ironic since your profile picture says "deal with it" but anyways the only way to counter the problem is to form a premade your self.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    It doesn't need fixing.

So.. you want to turn random BGs in to rated BGs?
    Because that's what you just described.
    No. It would be exactly the same as now, but the teams would be set up so people with similar rankings would be put together. In AV it wouldn't make any difference, as it's hard to do that for so many people. But in WSG and Twin Peaks it would make a huge difference. People who are gearing up etc will be put in the same BG, and the better they get the higher rating they get.

No. It would be exactly the same as now, but the teams would be set up so people with similar rankings would be put together. In AV it wouldn't make any difference, as it's hard to do that for so many people. But in WSG and Twin Peaks it would make a huge difference. People who are gearing up etc will be put in the same BG, and the better they get the higher rating they get.

You're talking about a rated system.
    That already exists.. It's called RBGs.

In the words of your avatar: "Deal with it."

Just to motivate you random-queuers: I queued into 5 from EU-Outland and 5 from EU-Auchindoun earlier. They farmed my team at GY while I speed ran 2 flag caps behind them. Once we were 2-0 up and I was running the third flag they decided to split off and kill me, while 1 of them went to get our flag. Put ring of peace on myself, reflected damage with touch of karma and flying serpent kicked through 9 of their team. Rolled up through the tunnel, popped all my Cds on their FC (who was just coming out of our flag room) and killed him, and ended up capping a double-premade 3-0. Pretty sure their teams only death was the guy I killed before three capping them.

Unlike nearly every other BG, WSG is a BG that you can single-handedly carry.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-17 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    You're talking about a rated system.
    That already exists.. It's called RBGs.

In the words of your avatar: "Deal with it."
    I am aware of the existance of RBGs, but what I'm talking about is more of a less important ladder. You won't get bonuses or anything like that, it's just there so new people will battle new people and veterans will battle veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    So ironic since your profile picture says "deal with it"
    Was going to post this.

I run upto 5m premades with friends when we're bored, else I'll generally run BGs solo. Every time I queue solo, I remember why I prefer queuing with at least a couple of people who have a few brain cells of their own. I'd say every other game I queue solo is me queuing into premades, the other game is me with a bunch of derps/bots doing a great sweet fuck all most of the game.

So no. If premades went from /random queues I'd just never run them without the solace that I'll occasionally have bearable randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is going places

I think it'd be a big mistake to remove the possibility of 5man premades joining, but I do think random battlegrounds need some form of separation. Maybe a combination of checking what kind of PvP gear they're wearing and have in their bags, and some kind of MMR. So someone new to BGs wouldn't necessarily get thrown against the 2/2 S12 Malevolent premades that clearly don't need honor, they're just there to demonstrate that they have better gear than everyone else.

If they remove 5 man premades they should make many of the achievements much easier

10+ Year Old Account
    They could make it that premades face other premades (3man+). No matter what your reasoning is 5man premade against a complete random team in a 10man BG is not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    They could make it that premades face other premades (3man+). No matter what your reasoning is 5man premade against a complete random team in a 10man BG is not fair.
    It's an MMO.
    You want to nerf guilds and friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Then they shouldn't allow you to queue in groups for lfg or raid finder.
    Since it's really unfair that when people play together in pve they gear up quicker.
    LFG and LFR are not PvP. Save the cases where a group of friends abuse the vote kick system, it doesn't hinder other players.

Not that I agree with the OP, but your comparison is ridiculous.

It's an MMO.
    You want to nerf guilds and friends?
    Aside from potentially longer queue times, I'm not sure how having premades face premades would be "nerfing" them other then by having them go against people who are equally as geared/organized.

People in my guild suck at PvP. When we queue as a premade we almost always still lose. Are you gonna take away our right to lose as a group? That would be devastating to the groups we come against. Think about their enjoyment will you?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "