Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To the OP....no.

This game is about playing with friends. Don't pigeon hole me into spending hours finding an RBG team.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    It would be a good solution, I guess, to make a matchmaker so that premade groups if possible get matched up vs other premades.

Would make it more fun and challenging if the other team was not a total breeze to run over just because you want to gear an alt with friends.
    Pretty sure this idea was tried and scrapped...So don't bother suggesting it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    when i still played i seen just as many 5 man premade groups get destroyed as i did succeed. when i pvp'ed i almost never did it alone and always had 1 or 2 friends to play with and i would come across countless 5 man premades who were just awful and some who were pretty good.

taking away the ability to queue with friends is just dumb imo. i actually thought it was dumb they took away the ability for larger groups to queue. i know several guilds that used to queue as 10 and 15 man groups (back when you could still do this) and still get beat by pugs. just because they're all from the same server doesnt mean their all good/coordinated. just my opinion

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    To the OP....no.

This game is about playing with friends. Don't pigeon hole me into spending hours finding an RBG team.
    Then play with friends.

Or is this a case where its OK for you to form a premade group giving you a huge advantage over the other team, but its not OK for other teams to farm you?

Lets face it....most premades get a huge advantage when facing off against a random team. That may be fun for the pre-made, but it is rarely, if ever, fun for the other side.

Maybe there should be another solution - premade vs random sees the random side get a Tenacity buff of some sort

OK - not a serious suggestion but still...the simple fact is that your fun should not come at the expense of other players. And too often, that's the cost of pre-mades vs randoms. Personally, I see little wrong with the premise that rnadoms should face randoms, while pre-mades should face pre-mades.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-03-20 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    I enjoy a random BG. Most of the time I queue up alone, but it happens I queue up with friends, and when I do we have a blast. Even if losing.
    If Blizz were to take that away, they'd ruin a big part of the social side of the game.

If you want fair pvp, ask for a similar tool as in challange mode dungeons where all gear is the same item lvl.

We all have the ability to group up.
    We can all grind the gear.

Stop QQ'ing about not winning when not putting in the same effort as the opposing team.

Quote Originally Posted by ej33t View Post
    Customers have a right to complain when the game isn't fair or balanced.
    It is 100% fair and balanced when you have the same choices and opportunities as everyone else.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Kanalje View Post
    I enjoy a random BG. Most of the time I queue up alone, but it happens I queue up with friends, and when I do we have a blast. Even if losing.
    So, what would the problem be if you, as a premade group with your friends, entered Battlegrounds to face another premade group?

You still get to group with your friends, you still get to PvP and you don't have the organisational advantage that tends to wreck the game for the other team. How is ensuring your team isn't able to stomp your opponents going to affect your social experience?

The fact YOU have a blast is immaterial when the reason is you are destroying the other team and wrecking their fun. If facing another remade means your team doesn't get to 'have a blast' by roflstomping your opponents - that's actually the very behaviour such a change is intended to counter.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    I KNOW what if you had a random battleground ladder? Then if you queue with others, you would be put into the ladder of the one with the highest. So a person with the rating of 1500 will be put into his friends rating of 1700 when grouping with him. The better you play the higher up the ladder you go.
    Oh. My God.!

I could TOTALLY see this. Ya know, something where skilled players are up against eachother with altered BGs so it's made more fair! Everytime you win you would gain a lot of rating and MMR, something like arena? Yeah?

It's called Rated Battleground...

I myself never play with premades because I never cba to form one, but I'm not bothered by premades. Why? Because most I meet are TERRIBLE anyways, and most of the time when there are a lot of premades going around, usually my team also has a premade.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    So.. you want to turn random BGs in to rated BGs?
    Because that's what you just described.
    Except random BGs are solo Q and reward honor.

Its like the difference between solo Q and group Q in LoL ranked play.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    I myself never play with premades because I never cba to form one, but I'm not bothered by premades. Why? Because most I meet are TERRIBLE anyways, and most of the time when there are a lot of premades going around, usually my team also has a premade.
    Yeah its nice to always be on the winning team... until you aren't winning anymore. Biased much?

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout View Post
    Yeah, I shouldn't be able to play with my friends because you don't like getting rolled.

No you shouldn't be able to roll stomp randoms and should be put against other teams of 5. I love how the excuse is always "Why shouldn't i be able to play with friends" when what your really trying to say is, why can't i get my free wins?

Other games have playlists that don't allow parties and WoW shouldn't be any differen't.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Then they shouldn't allow you to queue in groups for lfg or raid finder.
    Since it's really unfair that when people play together in pve they gear up quicker.

Right because thats the same thing isn't it? Wow.. Haha.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Shit people are playing an MMO with friends, having fun and beating other people while doing it? This is a disgrace and have to be dealt with!

I love queuing up with friends, its the only thing that makes random BGs bareable in my opinion. There's so many bots and slackers you need to carry to win now, so why not get the upper hand and form a 5 man team with friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I dont like losing either but this game is based on an online gaming community... you know ... playing with friends etc. I do mostly randoms and the rewards are fewer than doing premades and getting a 2200 rating but really? You think its unfair? Your notion of fair is pretty subjective and biased. I do think they should reward those of us who grunt it out in randoms a little more. Its much harder to get conquest capped in randoms and the gear comes slower but thats the way its always been. My advice .....if you dont like the breaks is to get in trade chat and find some friends to PvP with or stop playing ; these rules are not going to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    random bg mmr has been brought up before. and i've pointed out that jackasses like me will happily crash their random bg mmr so they can continue to stomp on undergeared noobs.
    i think i love you

Deleted
    So use your initiative and get 3 or 4 friends to queue with? You have the same options as the those who are grouping, I don't see the problem.

If queue solo and come up against 5 people who are a premadegroup, that's pretty much tough sh*t my friend - luck of the draw. We've all been there, random BGs are random (that not only does that refer to the map but to the people you play with/against unless you're grouped with friends).

Not to mention the fact that I've come up against premades in WSG who luckily got grouped with another 5 random r*tards, my team won. The randoms you are grouped with also play a part in the outcome of the match too.

If you don't like the "randomness" of it all, then go do RBGs - that way everyone is part of a premade group.
    Last edited by mmoc8c32716f2c; 2013-03-20 at 01:12 PM.

Hm idk what to say, if 5 people join up to a random and its 15 man bg, its not a premade,

even if the the other two teams are made up of 2 premades, its still a random assortment they got together, and they still have to communicate to win, and we've all seen how much of a pain in the arse that is

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    random bg mmr has been brought up before. and i've pointed out that jackasses like me will happily crash their random bg mmr so they can continue to stomp on undergeared noobs.
    Unlike arena or other rated games like league of legends, you can't reset your rating by disbanding your team or creating a new character. Depending on how rating gains and losses are calculated, we'd expect that for each BG you stomp, you'll have to spend an equivalent amount of time losing another BG. Furthermore, since its not a solo game, its highly unlikely that one player or even a 5 man premade can tank a game without occurring significant penalties (eg reported for griefing). That is the beauty of a ranking system.

Even then, they could implement a calculation where if your kdr is godloke for a given battle, you get plus rating points. There are plenty of ways at stopping people from being assholes, you just need to think outside the box and be willing to enforce the protocols.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-03-20 at 01:22 PM.

Im just going to say it. All of you QQing about premade groups being unfair are probably all window licking douchebags that shouldn't be playing BG's to start with. Tbh people like you hold the rest of us back with you complete and utter lack of skill or comprehetion of how to even play the BG and or your class. Sorry but the truth hurts.

Infracted.

Flaming. For everybody's future reference, it's enough to just call people bad once (if you have to) and explain how your experiences differ - low rated players know they are low rated, but that doesn't mean their experiences are invalid. Plus, on these forums you don't always know who you are talking to - sometimes you are the low rated player by comparison - there are sub-1500 people and rank 1's alike around here.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-03-20 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    No you shouldn't be able to roll stomp randoms and should be put against other teams of 5. I love how the excuse is always "Why shouldn't i be able to play with friends" when what your really trying to say is, why can't i get my free wins?

Other games have playlists that don't allow parties and WoW shouldn't be any differen't.

Right because thats the same thing isn't it? Wow.. Haha.
    Play those other games and don't try to ruin WoW, k thanks.

It sounds like a bunch of whining kids. Basically its the bums who are too lazy to find a few people to do a BG with complaining about people who put some effort into finding other people to play with. Dont say because they have an advantage because its flawed. Sure it is true but its not an unfair advantage because you have the same ability to form a premade. Sure they could create a system similar to LFR/LFD but I would rather them spend the time to fix other things (aka all the damn insta CCs). Those who think its unfair can whine and complain all you want, its not gonna change, nor should it. Its not broken you are just lazy. No go show the world that wow players do have a social life and make some friends to do BGs (or if you dont want to you can inv random people and after a bg you dont have to play with them again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    It feels so unfair that those premade have such a bigger advantage, so I think Random Battlegrounds should become more RANDOM and make you not able to queue together with others.
    No.

Instead:
    *Premade groups of 5 should only face other premade groups of 5.
    *Premade groups of 4 should only face other premade groups of 4, 3, or 2, prioritising higher sized premades first.
    *Premade groups of 3 should only face other premade groups of 4, 3, or 2, prioritising higher sized premades first.
    *Premade groups of 2 should only face other premade groups of 4, 3, or 2, prioritising higher sized premades first.
    *Soloqueuers should only face other soloqueuers.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    No.

Instead:
    *Premade groups of 5 should only face other premade groups of 5.
    *Premade groups of 4 should only face other premade groups of 4, 3, or 2, prioritising higher sized premades first.
    *Premade groups of 3 should only face other premade groups of 4, 3, or 2, prioritising higher sized premades first.
    *Premade groups of 2 should only face other premade groups of 4, 3, or 2, prioritising higher sized premades first.
    *Soloqueuers should only face other soloqueuers.

Stop posting number :P