Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Maiev Shadowsong

Hello again and again.
    So, Maiev is still my Favorite character! When I first played Warcraft TFT, where Maiev was introduced in game I thought that she was one of the epic characters. She was determined and skilled a True leader of her group! (I preferred her to malfurion and even Illidan). The one thing she did "bad" in that game was to let Tyrande die in river, and she would have if not Illidan! And I cant judge her in that (Ill explain that later).

I dont understand Why blizzard made her so EVIL, and Villainous character!

She is veteran of War of the Ancients though she was very young and only apprentice Priestess of Elune. She was talented and skilled ! I say that she was ambitious for wanting to be High Priestess and after Tyrandes disappearing she was elected ! And when Tyrande returned she became again High Priestess! The Wilhammer issue was same between Kuldran and Falstad, but the result was opposite - Kuldran who was leader of clan in Falstads absence remained to be leader of the clan! No fair Blizz! That was the 1st disappointment in Maievs life.

Then mad Illidan tried to create 2nd Well of Eternity. Tt was a death penalty for ordinary Night Elf, but he wasnt killed. Why ? Because he was Malfuriones Twin brother and Mal couldnt kill him but decided enslave him for eternity. Maiev was against it and demanded that illidan must be killed! No one listened to her and it was a GRAVE mistake to let her be Illidan 's personal Warden for 10 millenia ! Even Malfurion and Tyrande now "regret" this ! And after 10 000 years Tyrande just came and killed all the Watchers to free the Illidan. Was all this imprisonment in vain? She did no less Evil to her people ! And as I said I cant judge Maiev for leaving her alone to be drawn it the river!

Of course Illidan would be her main target, to track him and to slay him, He was the reason why she suffered for 10 millenia ! And after killing Illidan she became More EVIL ?? Why ? When she returned to Darnasuss that meant that she once again reunited with her kind ! There was no need to make her HATE itself ! When I read Wolfheart I learned that she HATED everyone : Highborne , Malfurion , Tyrande, and whole Alliance ! That was too much !

And when Illidan comes back in near future I am sure that Maiev will be MAJOR villain ! I am sure she will be killed by us in Scenario/dungeon or even in Raid as one of the bosses (not the last boss for sure she is not that strong).

Blizzard just DESTROYED one epic character !
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-03-17 at 03:23 AM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Deleted
    I agree, it's very unfortunate to waste her character like this. Sadly, it's in Blizzard's nature to often pick up a random character and villainize him/her for no apparent reason other than making a new raid/dungeon boss. Looking at you, Kael'thas, Illidan, Fandral, Benedictus and to some extent, Scarlet Crusade as a whole...

I can only wish there is still at least some hope for Maiev.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its very sad

I agree. Tyrande is far more insane than Maiev is, even after Knaak got his grubby claws on her. Unfortunately, Maiev is a prime example of how Blizzard just can't let strong, independent women stay that way forever. It is inevitable with female WoW characters - no matter how level headed, successful, and powerful you are you will eventually turn into either A) a good housewife (Tyrande) or B) a raving lunatic bitch (Sylvanas, Maiev, Jaina). I hate to pull the sexism card but they refuse to leave a single respectable female hero in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only wish there is still at least some hope for Maiev.
    When I read Wolfheart I had no more hope ! They made her completely mad ! Though I still prefer her to many of the night elves who are in lead of Darnasuss now !

We can only hope we get to kill Maiev. Ive wanted to since TFT. Her characterization is one of a person consumed with vengeance at all costs. Like you said she tried to get Tyrande killed. She also got a lot of her own watchers killed and left them to save her own skin in the Tomb of Sargeras. What she should have been doing is obeying her leader's orders to let Illidan go so he could stop the Burning Legion.

Maeivs character was always selfish and vengeful, no one ruined the character.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard likes to shoot itself in the foot. They have to kill off every major, minor and supporting character, FFS. Scarlet Crusade was the punching bag till Cataclysm, now it's the trolls (not like we haven't been destroying them since Classic WoW). The lore sure is going to the crapper.

Kill off Kael, Illidan, Arthas, Maiev. Who's next now? Why do we have to destroy all the characters from previous games? Why? What's the reason? Why can't characters just... retire? Die of old age? Sit in their houses and live a happy normal life? Why does every character have to die a horrendous death, especially at the hands of xXlol_ArThAs_DK_Xx?

I'm pissed.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    left them to save her own skin in the Tomb of Sargeras
    So much wrong with this post, but I'll just leave it at this. There was nothing she could do to save them when Illidan flooded the tomb, please go re-play TFT.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Blizzard likes to shoot itself in the foot. They have to kill off every major, minor and supporting character, FFS. Scarlet Crusade was the punching bag till Cataclysm, now it's the trolls (not like we haven't been destroying them since Classic WoW). The lore sure is going to the crapper.

Kill off Kael, Illidan, Arthas, Maiev. Who's next now? Why do we have to destroy all the characters from previous games? Why? What's the reason? Why can't characters just... retire? Die of old age? Sit in their houses and live a happy normal life? Why does every character have to die a horrendous death, especially at the hands of xXlol_ArThAs_DK_Xx?

I'm pissed.
    You're right we should allow every villain the chance to live because we all know having to fight Arthas for the third expansion in a row because he just won't reform would just sit so well with players such as yourself.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    So much wrong with this post, but I'll just leave it at this. There was nothing she could do to save them when Illidan flooded the tomb, please go re-play TFT.
    So much wrong with it or it just doesn't live up to your image of a sexist Blizzard?
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-03-17 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can only hope we get to kill Maiev. Ive wanted to since TFT. Her characterization is one of a person consumed with vengeance at all costs. Like you said she tried to get Tyrande killed. She also got a lot of her own watchers killed and left them to save her own skin in the Tomb of Sargeras. What she should have been doing is obeying her leader's orders to let Illidan go so he could stop the Burning Legion.

Maeivs character was always selfish and vengeful, no one ruined the character.
    The wasnt always seeking vengeance, they made her like that ! As I said above she spend 10 millenia to guard him it became her ONLY duty for so long time what would you do after what Tyrande did to her watchers ? Tyrande deserved to be killed ! She played with Maiev all her life ! First High priestess issue then "imprisoning" her with Illidan (it meant prison for me what they did to Maiev) and after all that she jst came and freed Him ! Yes Tyrande should have died ! bitchy leader loved both brothers !

And she could do nothing for her watchers in Tomb of Sargeras ! They were trapped and only Maievs skills and abilities allowed her to escape ! What should she have done ? Wait and pray with them and just die there ? Would she be a Hero then ? Imo thats not good decision !

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 03:37 AM ----------

Kill off Kael, Illidan, Arthas, Maiev
    Maiev still lives yet !

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You're right we should allow every villain the chance to live because we all know having to fight Arthas for the third expansion in a row because he just won't reform would just sit so well with players such as yourself.
    Haha, no! You misunderstand me. I'm talking about things such having the scourge be a constant threat (for example) and not wipe them out completely like we did in WotLK... Or have characters such as, dunno, Tirion (who's already old) die of old age, instead of dying either a glorious death in combat or assassinated by an orc rogue. Knowing Blizzard, Tirion will just get murdered.

EDIT: Hell, even Drek'thar is ancient by now. He's blind due to his old age... yet Blizzard refuses to let him die. I wonder if he's going to die in battle... or end up murdered... like every other character. =P
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Doesnt make what I said any less true. Ever heard of going down with the ship? Maeiv hasnt. The units with her tell her she should go and she says "OK good idea. Too bad for you guys but I will kill Illidan for you. Bye."

I agree, Maiev has always been my favorite lore character. I think you're the first person I've seen to feel the same, so go us!

I'm still kind of ignoring what they've done to her (maybe it will go away D: ).

They're slowly polarising every character into totally evil or totally perfect - I much preferred it when good characters could still be jerks e.g. Staghelm. Depth is not a bad thing. It's sad to see them doing the same thing with my favourite. I'm going to be seriously ragey if she turns up as a boss, which seems to be the direction this is headed :/
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-03-17 at 03:44 AM.

I think she could be the end boss of a short raid... I mean if she was on par or at least to some extent able to keep up with Illidan and Arthas. She really was a beast, and I feel like her insanity is completely justified after watching a cage for ten thousand years.... She pretty much got the same punishment as Illidan for doing nothing, her hatred was justified completely in my opinion, but I'm also a strong believer that Illidan wasn't evil.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt make what I said any less true. Ever heard of going down with the ship? Maeiv hasnt. The units with her tell her she should go and she says "OK good idea. Too bad for you guys but I will kill Illidan for you. Bye."
    Why should she die without the purpose ? When she could stop Illidan and kill him for every single dead night elf by his hands ! She knew she was capable and she did that ! If not her Illidan might even be alive now ! And Lich King would never be!

Maiev was a good person? Since when?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, Maiev has always been my favorite lore character. I think you're the first person I've seen to feel the same, so go us!
    Ha ha ! Im with you

Though she will be boss I strongly believe and it would be a knife in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    Haha, no! You misunderstand me. I'm talking about things such having the scourge be a constant threat (for example) and not wipe them out completely like we did in WotLK... Or have characters such as, dunno, Tirion (who's already old) die of old age, instead of dying either a glorious death in combat or assassinated by an orc rogue. Knowing Blizzard, Tirion will just get murdered.

EDIT: Hell, even Drek'thar is ancient by now. He's blind due to his old age... yet Blizzard refuses to let him die. I wonder if he's going to die in battle... or end up murdered... like every other character. =P
    Nope didn't misunderstand you you just didn't have a clue what point you were trying to make. Your examples in the first post are all villains you decide to change your stance when called out on it and suddenly start talking about the heroes of the game. You also state that Tirion should die in battle or assassinated then blame Blizzard that he will probably just be murdered. You do know that assassination is murder correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Maiev was a good person? Since when?
    Since beginning read what I wrote and it will get clear

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    The wasnt always seeking vengeance, they made her like that ! As I said above she spend 10 millenia to guard him it became her ONLY duty for so long time what would you do after what Tyrande did to her watchers ? Tyrande deserved to be killed ! She played with Maiev all her life ! First High priestess issue then "imprisoning" her with Illidan (it meant prison for me what they did to Maiev) and after all that she jst came and freed Him ! Yes Tyrande should have died ! bitchy leader loved both brothers !
    Shes been like that the entire time she was in the game. Its the first thing you learn about her. If they added some stuff in books later then that is them changing and possibly ruining the character.

She volunteered to be Illidans jailor. Then she became obsessed with it over 10000 years. IMO Illidan should have never been imprisoned. He may work both sides but in the end he fought against Sargeras and Azshara and saved the Night Elves. Tyrande and Malfurin wanted Illidan freed, they are the leaders of the Night Elves so the watchers should have let him go not disobeyed orders. Thats why they they were killed. Its their own fault.