To Buy a game for Console or PC?

So I guess this is probably the first time I've had this conundrum...

The game in question is Bioshock Infinite, and I don't know whether I should stick with buying it for my PS3 or to give it a go on my PC?

My PC's specs are as follows:

Intel® Core™ i5 3570K 3.4GHz
    NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 w/PhysX
    8 GB Ram

And then whatever tech the PS3 has.

And for what it's worth, it would be playing on 1080p on the PS3/HDTV or 1440x900 (I think that's the resolution anyways) on monitor/PC. Controls don't matter, I'm fine with mouse/keyboard or controller really.

So I guess the overall question is, which would I see looking better graphics-wise and which would offer the best gameplay likely?

10+ Year Old Account
    PC. FPSs are so much easier to control on computer. Graphics should look better, too, as they aren't restricted by the now aging console hardware.

Also, you have a killer PC, but you're playing on a 14x9 monitor? For cereal? Dude, upgrade that shit lol. Or hell, connect it to your damned TV, it has better resolution!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the gameplay be different? Graphics will ofcourse be better on your PC with the specs you got. You could use the controller for your PC.

Edit: Your resolution sucks, I would never be able to play any games at that resolution lol.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I am in the minority, but I will always choose the console version of a game over the PC version if the PC version is:
    -Download Only
    -Requires Steam/Origin/any other DRM/always online crap
    -for some reason is actually surprisingly crappy on PC

Only games I buy for PC only now a days are games I cant really get on consoles and cheaper games that dont even bother with DRM shit, stuff like physical versions of indy games, re-releases of old titles and just under the radar stuff I never heard of before that looks interesting. Another exception I may make in very rare circumstances is if the console version is totally different in game play to the PC version or lacks a lot of its features (for example StarCraft vs StarCraft 64).

I really dont care at all about the PC graphical superiority, I never played PC games for graphics. I always played them because they provided me with game genres that never really made it big on consoles. The only drawbacks I slightly care about when choosing a console version over PC is the lack of mods (which I dont care to much about anymore) and the lack of mouse/keyboard support, however that is remedied with an adapter I own that lets me use both of those on my PS3, but most of the time I really dont even bother using it.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-03-17 at 07:24 AM.

Well the monitor is just what I have for now, don't really have any money to upgrade atm lol...the PC was the major expense back in winter, now saving to upgrade everything else in spring lol. And that's a pretty nice graph

I guess I will check first if Bioshock Infinite has any sort of retarded DRM, I kinda forgot about that aspect for PC games. Otherwise if it's clear or not too stupid (as I have Steam), I'll go ahead and grab it for PC over PS3 then. Thanks guys!

If you PC is High-End and Game is Multiplatformal PC always.
    If you PC is Low-End and Game is Mutliplatformal Console is better choise.
    If Game is Console exclusive buy for Console.

PC. If your PC is powerful enough to run a game at least as well as its console counterpart then it's nearly always better to get the game on PC. Controls aren't an issue as wired xbox 360 controllers can be had for as little as $20 and KBM is ALWAYS the more precise control scheme for FPS titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    If feasible and practical, connect your PC to your TV and you have the benefit of ~60 FPS on high or max settings at 1080p. PS3 won't have DX11 effects and I'm fairly certain all consoles are locked at 30 FPS. If it's not feasible or practical, still buy for PC and get a decent 1080p monitor later on.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I guess I will check first if Bioshock Infinite has any sort of retarded DRM, I kinda forgot about that aspect for PC games. Otherwise if it's clear or not too stupid (as I have Steam), I'll go ahead and grab it for PC over PS3 then. Thanks guys!
    Q: Will there be any DRM?

Chris Kline: We are using the standard Steam DRM. You’ll need a Steam account and a broadband internet connection during initial installation for Steam authentication. But otherwise it works pretty much like any other Steam title: you can install under the same Steam account on multiple machines, activate Steam Offline Mode to play on an airplane, etc.

Source

Deleted
    You spend 1000 dollars on a gaming PC and then play on the shittiest, cheapest monitor that can barely utilize 50% of that gaming power?

Dafuq?

Invest 150 dollars into a nice, 24" Full-HD monitor and leave the console behind.

Deleted
    I'm also asking myself this question... on 'Canirunit' it says my video card is a lil out for recommended specs.... but a Radeon6870 wouldn't be THAT poor...would it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you would have to play on 320 res and lowest options, but you probably won't be playing at 1080p on maximum. You're probably sitting around medium-medium high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So I guess this is probably the first time I've had this conundrum...

The game in question is Bioshock Infinite, and I don't know whether I should stick with buying it for my PS3 or to give it a go on my PC?

My PC's specs are as follows:

Intel® Core™ i5 3570K 3.4GHz
    NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 w/PhysX
    8 GB Ram

And then whatever tech the PS3 has.

And for what it's worth, it would be playing on 1080p on the PS3/HDTV or 1440x900 (I think that's the resolution anyways) on monitor/PC. Controls don't matter, I'm fine with mouse/keyboard or controller really.

So I guess the overall question is, which would I see looking better graphics-wise and which would offer the best gameplay likely?
    PC will offer higher graphics, with your system it'd probably be able to handle it. However you do miss out on the console experience by going with the PC version (using a controller to play, in your case earning trophies, etc.).

I can't tell you what will give you best gameplay cause I've never played Bioshock before.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xl House lX View Post
    PC will offer higher graphics, with your system it'd probably be able to handle it. However you do miss out on the console experience by going with the PC version (using a controller to play, in your case earning trophies, etc.).

I can't tell you what will give you best gameplay cause I've never played Bioshock before.
    Wrong. You can connect a controller to the PC very easily. Since it's going to be a Steamworks game, I have no doubt they'll have Steam achievements. The "console experience" is dumbed down graphics and lower fps. Not much you'd miss not having.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Edit: Your resolution sucks, I would never be able to play any games at that resolution lol.
    I have only just replaced my old screen which was 1028x720, so his resolution doesn't look that bad to me :P

As some people have pointed out, we're at the end of a console generation, the PS3 can't quite keep up with the PC right now, so I'd say go for the PC.

"Make this decision for me" threads are not allowed.