Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    I think she was just being cautious, here in SA a typical white person wouldn't really let black males strangers in the yard for fear of the obvious, never mind sleeping inside the house.

I guess I don't see what the problem is. I wouldn't let a bunch of random people in my house either, especially not while I'm gone. If it bothers you that much, I'd ask straight out why the person who put the foot in the door was allowed to stay. That's the only confusing part. It shouldn't exactly be hard to find that out. Other than possibly that, I saw nothing remotely racist in this.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    What the actual fuck does that mean?

No, no one "owes" anyone anything, but I would think that, at some level, people should have empathy and trust with their fellow human beings. Perhaps it's because I haven't been robbed, raped...whatever, but I like to think people are good.
    I'd like to think that Santa Clause is real but it does not make it so. Trust, something that another poster pointed out, is earned not given. I'd say the host showed empathy in that she recognized emotions that have been experienced by others that have been the victims of rape or robbery and choose not to put herself in a situation where she could experience the same results

I do agree with you that most people(90%) are good. But I am not stupid enough to put myself or others in a position where they are going to have to meet the other 10%.

The host was well within her rights to kickout whom ever she wanted as she pays the bills. Speculation on if it was "racist" or not is just that,a guess at what caused the situation without having 100% of the story. Based on this post I am pretty sure the OP is overly sensitive to race issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let this thread die, please.

OP should be required to post at least 5 times in their own threads before starting a new one.
    I like sandwiches

Leave means leave, she didnt need a reason. Maybe she just didnt like you and your extended family. It doesnt matter the reason, get your own flop house and you wont have a problem. Me personally I would never let blacks into the house, ever. I dont need my house being cased.

11 years old walking to my girlfriends house. Nearly got jumped by 5 black guys because I was white. One of them recognized me from school because I helped him with science and they let me go. There is a such thing as reverse racism.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    No, no one "owes" anyone anything, but I would think that, at some level, people should have empathy and trust with their fellow human beings. Perhaps it's because I haven't been robbed, raped...whatever, but I like to think people are good.
    What a delightful world you live in. Perhaps some day you'll join us in the real one.

I mean, if you want to welcome every Jimmy McShithead into your residence, that's your business, but it's a terrible idea.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    11 years old walking to my girlfriends house. Nearly got jumped by 5 black guys because I was white. One of them recognized me from school because I helped him with science and they let me go. There is a such thing as reverse racism.
    1) What is the point of your post? That blacks can be racist?
    2) This doesn't discount HIS first racist experience
    3) There is no "reverse" racism, it's just racism.
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-03-19 at 09:30 PM.

Oh these racist threads.....never come down to ever having an intelligent convo on MMO Champion. People should just stop posting about racism on this forums. Doesn't go anywhere.....just pointing fingers and no one ever trying to fully understand the story. Oh...putting my two cents in...she was racist but it's her home. W/e...I just don't hang out with people like that and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Without racially identifying people, it's impossible to understand what happened. It's just the most convenient way of portraying the story. I don't care if anyone identifies anyone else by their race (since they are, in fact, their race). It's the assumptions / generalizations that accompany those titles that I have an issue with.
    Or you could have just said "of a different race" or "race A/B/C" instead of white this and black that. That way you wouldn't have to discuss all this white/black bullshit with people who think you are being racist for pointing at white folk etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Oh, I knew it was creepy and I did apologize for that. I still feel kinda bad about it, but there's not much I can do about it now. Again, that's not the point of the story. It's what happened when we finally got into the house that I'm taking issue with.
    Doesn't matter. You acted creepy. Now this chick if going to think of you as a creepy person, unless you prove otherwise. Apologising isn't going to fix it.

Imagine this. If somebody ran around your house killing everybody but when he saw you he apologised, would you think he wouldn't kill you? Does the fact of apologisin excuse his previous actions and guarantee he wouldn't continue said previous actions? (exaggerated example but best I could think of)

She might have been raped by a black guy or robbed by one so she is scared of them. I am not saying it is right how she treated you, but that could be the reason she freaked. =(

You did nothing wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    2) This doesn't discount HIS first racist experience
    I read his story twice and I don't really see how exactly the whole thing is racist. They were apparently the only guys she didn't know on top of that there were three of them and they were obviously drunk/drinking. All of this bodes ill for any female and she obviously wasn't willing to take the risk, any risk.

Just think about it for a moment, would you as a girl want to stay with three drunken/drinking guys quite possibly alone whom you don't know and who acted in a very creepy way and did refuse to leave when asked?

They were at her place and didn't leave when asked to, they argued and then simply stood in front of the door the entire time. This alone would've killed any kind of trust I have towards strangers immediatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I read his story twice and I don't really see how exactly the whole thing is racist. They were apparently the only guys she didn't know on top of that there were three of them and they were obviously drunk/drinking. All of this bodes ill for any female and she obviously wasn't willing to take the risk, any risk.

Just think about it for a moment, would you as a girl want to stay with three drunken/drinking guys quite possibly alone whom you don't know and who acted in a very creepy way and did refuse to leave when asked?

They were at her place and didn't leave when asked to, they argued and then simply stood in front of the door the entire time. This alone would've killed any kind of trust I have towards strangers immediatly.
    It's just the odd part of allowing the white guy who tried to forcible enter and called her a bitch got to stay while the three black guys (one was half I think) had to go.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's just the odd part of allowing the white guy who tried to forcible enter and called her a bitch got to stay while the three black guys (one was half I think) had to go.
    That guy were already staying the night before. And was approved to spend another one before the incident. And the other girl certainly had vouched for him, because she knows him or his friend who stayed too.

Nothing odd at all.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siverna View Post
    Oh these racist threads.....never come down to ever having an intelligent convo on MMO Champion. People should just stop posting about racism on this forums. Doesn't go anywhere.....just pointing fingers and no one ever trying to fully understand the story. Oh...putting my two cents in...she was racist but it's her home. W/e...I just don't hang out with people like that and move on.
    Why are threads on racism allowed? Seems like this one should have been locked from the start. Nothing constructive has come out of 22 pages.
    I like sandwiches

My mind is blown just by the fact that you are in college and you say this is your first racist experience. I'd say as a culture we are improving if that's truly the case.

Otherwise, could be racism, however it was that person's right to not allow any or all guests to stay while they are there. It's not really an issue between them and you, it's between the roommates. It sucks, but it is what it is. If you guys left without a scene then you did the right thing in any case.

However you want to cut it, the girl didn't want you there. You had a chance to gracefully exit when the girl you did know left. You should have said your goodbyes and see you laters and found somewhere else to be. I would not want three strangers crashing in my house while I tried to sleep and carry about my normal day. Get over trying to find racism and see that a girl didn't really know you or your buds and didn't feel comfortable being alone with you. She's "half owner" of the place and helps pay the bills. It's her call not yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
    However you want to cut it, the girl didn't want you there. You had a chance to gracefully exit when the girl you did know left. You should have said your goodbyes and see you laters and found somewhere else to be. I would not want three strangers crashing in my house while I tried to sleep and carry about my normal day. Get over trying to find racism and see that a girl didn't really know you or your buds and didn't feel comfortable being alone with you. She's "half owner" of the place and helps pay the bills. It's her call not yours.
    i guess i agree.

[Infracted] - Necro
    Last edited by Endus; 2013-10-08 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    She doesn't sound racist, she sounds cautious.

But wait, because you are part black IT MUST BE RACISM.

Get over yourself.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Black people are so quick to say other people act the way they do because they are racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this was necroed, I don't see much benefit to letting the conversation continue. Locking this now.