Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by crysilaero View Post
    I've raided 7 bosses this weekend as destro, with aff reforges - 10.500 haste 5.000 mastery and never sat oom

    I've felt a dps decrease on aoe, but I was almost at par with affliction on single target, specially using RoF.
    why on earth would you sit at 10500 haste as afflic or destro for that matter? you wont be able to prooperly utilize all that haste as destro and you should either sit near 9778 haste or 12439 haste for the breakpoints for afflic.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Actually, if you're AoEing for a extended period of time you're best off going GoSup/GoServ. Sac doesn't do anything for AoE damage, while Sup/Serv still hits one target.
    Thanks for the advice, i'll give it a shot tomorrow.

  3. #23
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,713
    I'm also interested in this, my current aff stats are:

    Haste: 7221 = 16.99%
    Mastery: 8303 = 67.70%
    Crit: 1919 = 11.29%

    In my raids I really dont have time to have to reforge before every other fight especially when I'd have to go to the Shrine to do it....

    I don't have simcraft as I'm at work atm so I have no clue on how those stats would perform for Destro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  4. #24
    Those stats are almost identical to mine, I've got about 600 more haste - I believe you should be able to play destro fine, but as I said earlier, it won't be optimal and you might run into GCD issues with affliction haste when you've got large haste procs.

    Just bear these things in mind.

    a) The difference between destro and affliction shouldn't be huge (unless you're bad and good at one spec and another).
    b) The difference provided by reforging, while certainly worth it to minmax, shouldn't be gamebreaking
    c) Lots of guides, such as Brusalks - are aimed at squeezing out that extra 100 dps

    If you're fine playing suboptimally and you don't care about that extra 100 dps, that's fine - it's your choice, you can play destro with affliction reforges and you should be able to do enough damage to compete IF you play well. On the other hand, the gap between affliction and destro is so small that there aren't many fights I can think of (bar meter padding) where destro will outperform affliction, especially when played suboptimally, and vise versa.

    Which makes me think, in general, it's better to just pick one spec (since both are perfectly viable) and aim to play it optimally, rather than dabbling in both - if you want to play destro, that's a perfectly legit choice - why not reforge for it? If not, afflictions still perfectly competitive.

    That said, if you simply want to switch between the two on the fly, yes - it should work, but you won't be squeezing everything you can out of the spec if you're doing this, it's up to you to decide if you and your raid group can deal with that.

    If all else fails, you can always try raiding as destro for a week or two with reforges and see how you do, then compare it to your previous or future affliction runs - see what works best for you, reforging once a fortnight isn't a huge pain, especially with reforging tools like reforgelite.

  5. #25
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,713
    Cheers Nagassh
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  6. #26
    Not entirely on topic but very related, since I couldn't get any posts in my thread I'll respost it here to see if I can get some advice.

    So I dropped my Aff spec for destro, but I still mostly go Demo on fights. I'm trying to figure out a good set of reforge priorities (in general) so that I don't have to reforge every time I switch (or try to gear two specs differently)

    Seems like the general case for Demo is Crit = Mastery > Haste, and for typical single target destro its something like Haste = Crit >Mastery using GoSup. Both specs seem to favor crit but Im not sure what to do beyond that.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Not entirely on topic but very related, since I couldn't get any posts in my thread I'll respost it here to see if I can get some advice.
    Just go Mastery > Crit > Haste. Use Sac for fights where you use a lot of SBurns or CBolts (or where damage buffs are periodic and you can save embers for when you get them. Like pools on Jinrok or Feed buff on Ji'kun). Just use Sup/Obs for single target/cleave with the mastery reforge. It's a loss to do but if it's worth the damage loss to not reforge for you, then go for it. (Other people say it's about 2k on single target to go that way as opposed to the optimal Haste = Crit > Mastery. Personally I haven't had a chance to do any testing on sub-optimal reforging methods like that)

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Neothos View Post
    Well you must be doing something wrong.. I'm playing with 3k less haste than you and never go oom... are you consuming backdraft with Chaos bolt instead of incinerate? are you capping on embers because you ONLY cast chaos bolt when you have a proc up regardless of your ember level?
    3k less Haste is a lot... and no I'm not consuming backdraft with Chaos Bolts I use them on Incinerate. I cast Chaos Bolt when I have procs or when I cap (or come close to cap, depending on the CD of DS) or when I pop Dark Soul.

    And I constantly go OOM. I'm sure it's just not meant to be played with that much Haste, and obviously it doesn't help that I have a Haste trinket.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-03-20 at 07:44 PM.
    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    3k less Haste is a lot... and no I'm not consuming backdraft with Chaos Bolts I use them on Incinerate. I cast Chaos Bolt when I have procs or when I cap (or come close to cap, depending on the CD of DS) or when I pop Dark Soul.

    And I constantly go OOM. I'm sure it's just not meant to be played with that much Haste, and obviously it doesn't help that I have a Haste trinket.
    If you're using RoF in your rotation it's pretty expected to go OOM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    If you're using RoF in your rotation it's pretty expected to go OOM.
    At what point did I say I was using RoF in my rotation?

    Seriously Destro single target is stupidly easy, it would be pretty hard for me to mess that up. I'm going OOM using Affy haste breakpoint reforges/gems, is that so hard to believe?
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-03-20 at 08:48 PM.
    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    At what point did I say I was using RoF in my rotation?

    Seriously Destro single target is stupidly easy, it would be pretty hard for me to mess that up. I'm going OOM using Affy haste breakpoint reforges/gems, is that so hard to believe?
    You might want to be a bit better informed if you think RoF isn't in the single target rotation.

  12. #32
    It's not part of the single target rotation this has been discussed on many threads. Why would you call me out for using RoF (which is not the case) and going OOM and then turn around and say I should be doing that?

    The reason from, what I've read, not to use RoF is because it makes you go OOM... you are very confusing.
    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    Guys,

    I heard that the current best build for destro requires Mastrey=Haste> crit, I am currently running a 4717 haste cap then full mastery on my affliction lock.

    So can i raid destro and affliction at the same time at max efficiency ?
    You could yes nothing is stopping you.

    Your dps will suffer.
    Reverse the question to yourself.
    Raiding Aff with destro reforges and gemming sound like a good idea?
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    It's not part of the single target rotation this has been discussed on many threads. Why would you call me out for using RoF (which is not the case) and going OOM and then turn around and say I should be doing that?

    The reason from, what I've read, not to use RoF is because it makes you go OOM... you are very confusing.
    ?

    Being OOM is not the worst thing in the world as Destro.

    Also, I'm the person who's done pretty much all of the theorycrafting of Destro since 5.0 that's publicly released information (at the least on here).

    You should re-study Destro as it's pretty apparent that you're not understanding some things about Destro that's publicly available and is the general consensus.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I'm going OOM using Affy haste breakpoint reforges/gems, is that so hard to believe?
    Yes it is, since I did the exact same thing last night (10.3K haste actually) and never went OOM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonarc View Post
    Yes it is, since I did the exact same thing last night (10.3K haste actually) and never went OOM.
    Well it happens to me every-time I practice Destro, without fail I go OOM and have to sit there and twiddle my thumbs. It usually happens during Backdraft when I'm spamming Incinerate, especially when I have my Haste trinket proc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    ?Being OOM is not the worst thing in the world as Destro.
    If that's the case then this isn't the spec for me, I hate not being able to cast my filler
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-03-20 at 09:23 PM.
    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  17. #37
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Crysil
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    why on earth would you sit at 10500 haste as afflic or destro for that matter? you wont be able to prooperly utilize all that haste as destro and you should either sit near 9778 haste or 12439 haste for the breakpoints for afflic.
    I was in a hurry and did not remembered the plateau, so I reforged to around 10k and gg.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by crysilaero View Post
    I was in a hurry and did not remembered the plateau, so I reforged to around 10k and gg.
    grr, and you call yourself a warlock, im appauled lol.

  19. #39
    The Patient Gorthan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Empires des Lumieres
    Posts
    206
    Played some bosses yesterday with affliction/reforged gems as destro.
    - Jinrock: terrible
    - Horridon: awsome, 98,6% ranking with 503ilvl. It's more a matter of skill than equip.
    - Tortos: not bad, again it's more about you than your equip.

  20. #40
    I'm playing with 3k less haste than you and never go oom...
    You must not be keeping RoF up enough. I go oom very often with waaay less haste.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •