Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    How good is destro in 5.2?

    As the title rules.

    How good is destro in 5.2 now compared to demo/Affli?


    Also what specc would be best for my warlock?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alock/advanced

  2. #2
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    212
    Destro lock in our guild tops dps in most fights in ToT. However I'vwe seen him meter padding with Havoc Chaos bolts on bosses like Magera so how accurate his numbers actually are I don't know.

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by nulir View Post
    Destro lock in our guild tops dps in most fights in ToT. However I'vwe seen him meter padding with Havoc Chaos bolts on bosses like Magera so how accurate his numbers actually are I don't know.
    while this is padding, if he is using havoc to copy incinerates then that is also increasing his single target dps. if he is copying chaos bolts to the other head then yeah that is just pure padding and you should make him stop

    OT destro is awsome atm

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    while this is padding, if he is using havoc to copy incinerates then that is also increasing his single target dps. if he is copying chaos bolts to the other head then yeah that is just pure padding and you should make him stop

    OT destro is awsome atm
    If he is using Soul Leech, cleaving Chaosbolts is a survivability increase (A massive one too!) ^^

    (At least that's how I justify it)
    Magnificence personified

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    If he is using Soul Leech, cleaving Chaosbolts is a survivability increase (A massive one too!) ^^

    (At least that's how I justify it)
    is it really that massive? does chaos bolt really hit much harder than 3 incinerates outside of cooldowns?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    is it really that massive? does chaos bolt really hit much harder than 3 incinerates outside of cooldowns?
    Looking at my logs 1 chaos bolt is 130k more dps than 3 incinerates on average. This # will have an even higher discrepancies when you take into account higher gear levels with more crit. Basically 26,000 larger shield. Not a huge amount considering you lose the embers gained from havoc incinerates.

    no matter what chaos bolting w/ havoc is padding scumbag dps on Megaera, more often than not though havoc on that fight is used for shadowburns which is the top 3-5 ranked destro locks.

  8. #8
    Moderator Alarinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    DefiasBrotherhood-EU, Norway
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    is it really that massive? does chaos bolt really hit much harder than 3 incinerates outside of cooldowns?
    It's massive, but it's a bad justification. Healers shouldn't have any problems keeping a warlock up, and he shouldn't have to use CBs for survivability.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    <Amused to Death> - West #123, EU #90

  9. #9
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    we did megeara progress tonight, my shield was big enough to ensure i always had a healthy amount of hp without cleaving chaos bolt so im calling scumbag padding

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    Looking at my logs 1 chaos bolt is 130k more dps than 3 incinerates on average. This # will have an even higher discrepancies when you take into account higher gear levels with more crit. Basically 26,000 larger shield. Not a huge amount considering you lose the embers gained from havoc incinerates.
    Thought Soul Leech was 10%
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Thought Soul Leech was 10%
    it is, but havoc ;p

  12. #12
    Taking a quick look at Raidbots, the Overall Median DPS on 10-man Normal shows that all three specs are within 2.5k DPS of one another. Some specs work better for certain fights. Affliction is great for Council, but Destro is best on Horridon. If you love playing Destro, you won't hold your raid back by doing it. Just make sure you've got an off-spec that you can swap to when there's a significant increase in potential DPS.

  13. #13
    What's so wrong with Havocing Chaos Bolts on Magera?

    it doesn't provide the Warlock nor the raid with any usefull things anyway, except maybe a slightly stronger and/or faster building Soul Leech.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    What's so wrong with Havocing Chaos Bolts on Magera?

    it doesn't provide the Warlock nor the raid with any usefull things anyway, except maybe a slightly stronger and/or faster building Soul Leech.
    Using havoc on a chaos bolt is slightly more dps on meters, but using havoc on an incinerate is slightly more single target dps through building more embers. Cleaving chaos bolt = padding. Cleaving incinerate = boosting single target dps.

  15. #15
    this is also a concern to me, since I don't play affliction no matter what, i'm bound to destro/demon. i have an equal player skill with the two specs, but i'm totally dumb with affliction.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    Using havoc on a chaos bolt is slightly more dps on meters, but using havoc on an incinerate is slightly more single target dps through building more embers. Cleaving chaos bolt = padding. Cleaving incinerate = boosting single target dps.
    anything that isnt effective dps is padding, no matter how you look at it, cleaving incinerates or choas bolts on a boss like mageara is padding, but single target dps each head is effective dps. for example, a boss like horridon, you can dps anything you want and it wont be padding since everything has to die anyway, tortos and council is the same, but on mageara it will be nothing but padding since any dmg you do on anything other than your main target is pointless as the heads gets healed up when one head dies.

    also cleaving incinerate will boost your dps, but not your single target dps, since the dmg you're doing is spread over 2+ targets, so it can per definition not be considered single target dps, but i get your point.

  17. #17
    havoc-ing incinerates will boost your ember generation slightly for the cost of applying Havoc. At least three extra emberbits every 25 seconds for you to then use for Chaos Bolts on the head you're damaging.
    Last edited by Rethul Ur No; 2013-03-18 at 02:30 AM.

  18. #18
    I probably missed it, but was it really proved that it is a single target dps increase to use a gcd to cast Havoc for extra embers? The same way, are the extra Nightfall procs worth a Corruption gcd? (on fights like Megaera or Protectors where they heal to full life).
    www.youtube.com/Spygnesy
    Soloing as a warlock.

  19. #19
    Havoc is off the GCD. Using it to cleave 2 incinerates and an immolate is a single target dps increase because as Rethul said, you generate at least 3 extra emberbits every 25 seconds.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Hexotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    707
    every time a lock cleaves a chaos bolt onto a useless target, he is adding a 30-50 k (if not more) absorb onto themselves. Even though in a sense it is padding, it really helps with healing. This however can be argued to be the same with 3 incinerates (given that they crit)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •