Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    How is it annoying to play Destro atm ? I never enjoyed this much playing in 3 years, and the DPS is awesome. We really aren't in a position to whine honestly.
    Having to keep up Rain of Fire single target, which has a very short duration, and isn't a target cast? Find that pretty damn annoying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal preference I guess, but that is not really annoying at all.

That being said, nothing will ever be as annoying to me as hard casting a soul fire to keep your buff up and your imp procs a free one for you 0.2 seconds before it finishes.

Also, isn't the DPS increase for keeping RoF up on 2 targets minimal? even more so single target?

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    Also, isn't the DPS increase for keeping RoF up on 2 targets minimal? even more so single target?
    I think it's fairly significant for 2 targets, minimal for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    I think it's fairly significant for 2 targets, minimal for one.
    This is/was correct before 5.2. Something changed slightly in 5.2 that was undocumented (bug maybe) and RoF is generating a lot more embers than pre-5.2 making it fairly decent on single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    This is/was correct before 5.2. Something changed slightly in 5.2 that was undocumented (bug maybe) and RoF is generating a lot more embers than pre-5.2 making it fairly decent on single target.
    Roughly 25k dps increase for me at least... Basically chain casting Chaos Bolts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    Roughly 25k dps increase for me at least... Basically chain casting Chaos Bolts now.
    Interesting....Wondering if this is intended...

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    Interesting....Wondering if this is intended...
    Escpecially retarded during bl/heroism. Or how about 1.5-2 million damage in 4 globals using shadowburn during execute with a lucky crit string. Destro is fun if you know how to work it.
    Last edited by Tritone496; 2013-03-21 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Though it is slightly ott for anyone to suggest that you should not do anything like that, simply because the method of gaining extra damage on the main target happens to also deal ~equal damage to a target that has no benefit to the fight.

As far helping the team kill the boss goes -
    Upside: You gain up to 6 emberbits extra every 25 seconds
    Downside: it costs 0.5 second GCD

People butthurt that you meter pad slightly every 25 seconds has no impact on how well the fight goes.
    thanks for taking what i wrote out of context. im not butthurt about ppl padding meters, im butthurt about the ppl that pad meters and then claim not to when it should be clear to any1 that they are, even if it isnt their intention. cleaving incinerates on magaera is padding, which was what i was commenting on.

10+ Year Old Account
    on magera, i do havoc my incins. Why? Simply dps increase for chaos bolts.I also rof the two targets as well. technically more padding, but increase in dps. Think protectors for this, sure, its "heavy" padding, but it also increases your single target with more bolts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    thanks for taking what i wrote out of context. im not butthurt about ppl padding meters, im butthurt about the ppl that pad meters and then claim not to when it should be clear to any1 that they are, even if it isnt their intention. cleaving incinerates on magaera is padding, which was what i was commenting on.
    Yes it is padding that increases your single target dps on the kill target. It is an effective dps loss to not "pad" in these situations.

Deleted
    Wait.. what?

RoF single target and you're chain casting CB's? What am I doing wrong!!?!? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    Wait.. what?

RoF single target and you're chain casting CB's? What am I doing wrong!!?!? :O
    Hah, well definitely an exaggeration there!

More accurately I ended up casting 25-40% more CB's. I haven't actually checked so I may be wrong, but my Chaos Bolts went from being roughly 50% less than Incinerates of my overall damage to being 50% more. So something closer to 30% more CB's cast.

I'm not sure if Simcraft is broken for this, but here's something else I noticed:

I simmed much lower than how I was performing in-game. Is it possible it's not taking RoF ember generation into account? Can someone confirm/deny?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    How is it annoying to play Destro atm ? I never enjoyed this much playing in 3 years, and the DPS is awesome. We really aren't in a position to whine honestly.
    Casting rain of fire every 7 seconds in single target. It's annoying as hell. It's like Improved Soul Fire all over again. It's basically a DoT with no pandemic that needs refreshing every 7 seconds.

Deleted
    Destro survival in raids is pretty awesome. Ember Tap with the Glyph heals for a lot. Ramping up the Soul Leech shield is also pretty nifty.

As for DPS it's probably not the best, but it's miles of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Casting rain of fire every 7 seconds in single target. It's annoying as hell. It's like Improved Soul Fire all over again. It's basically a DoT with no pandemic that needs refreshing every 7 seconds.
    Not to mention it needs to be targeted manually... The range isn't amazing either, which means sometimes you need to stand closer to the boss than you otherwise would have...

There's a few simple ways to fix this that come to mind immideatly;

- Rain of Fire no longer generates embers unless it's hitting 2 (3) or more targets. Ideally they would also need to buff the raw ember generation from Incinerate/Conflag to compensate.

- Rain of Fire now behaves essentially like a dot. As in it's target specific. It would still be hitting everything around the initial target just the same, even though it's now hovering over a specific mob.

For this not to change the way we AoE TOO much, they'd also need to put it on a short CD (8 sec), or (no clue if it's possible) make sure that if I RoF multiple targets, the damage won't stack. Increase the duration to 16 second's or so, and BAM! This would be the one I prefer.

In the end, I hope they end up doing something soon. I'm pretty sure it's not the way they intended the spec to play. If they are aware that this is an issue, it should be getting fixed soon. Although I do hope they buff the passive ember generation slightly to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    I'm 95% sure that the current ember gen of RoF is a bug that they inadvertently introduced in 5.2.

RoF was DPS neutral prior to 5.2, but something unannounced changed about it's ember generation which is why it's so good on single target nowadays.

I'm 95% sure that it'll get fixed in 5.3.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention it needs to be targeted manually... The range isn't amazing either, which means sometimes you need to stand closer to the boss than you otherwise would have...

There's a few simple ways to fix this that come to mind immideatly;

- Rain of Fire no longer generates embers unless it's hitting 2 (3) or more targets. Ideally they would also need to buff the raw ember generation from Incinerate/Conflag to compensate.

- Rain of Fire now behaves essentially like a dot. As in it's target specific. It would still be hitting everything around the initial target just the same, even though it's now hovering over a specific mob.

For this not to change the way we AoE TOO much, they'd also need to put it on a short CD (8 sec), or (no clue if it's possible) make sure that if I RoF multiple targets, the damage won't stack. Increase the duration to 16 second's or so, and BAM! This would be the one I prefer.

In the end, I hope they end up doing something soon. I'm pretty sure it's not the way they intended the spec to play. If they are aware that this is an issue, it should be getting fixed soon. Although I do hope they buff the passive ember generation slightly to compensate.
    RoF, while a bit annoying, is soemthing that is different. making it as you suggest just turns it into another dot. after a whole tier of affli, i have had enough of dots

10+ Year Old Account
    I gave you guys the opportunity to keep it on topic, but it seems this thread is just going to keep being an alternative thread to discuss all things Destro. Since there's a very real chance this will result in discussions being lost at some point, or the same discussion happening in 2 treads at once I'm going to close this one and redirect you all to the Destro sticky. It's not just a guide and theorycraft discussion in there, any chat specific to Destro is welcome there.

The sticky where I hope you will continue the discussion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-100-more-pets

Closed.