Poll: Bigger Loot Pinata?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I dont rly understand this whole morchok bein free loot.. boss's like feng, elegon, stoneguards were just as easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Neither of those was a loot pinata ^^

Atleast compared to fights like FL and Loot ship.
    I found 3 of the potential 5 "first bosses" of FL difficult, easy ones being baleroc and shannox. Didn't do ICC and Loot ship isn't the first boss.

My point really was the fact that they make these anybody-can-kill-it fights then they up the difficulty to stupid levels. There is no reason to go from the easiest boss in two raids to, arguably, one of the most difficult ones in Horridon. Even in DS, Morchok was stupidly easy then Yor/Zon were much more difficult for different reasons. Zon because bouncing a ball is hard and Yor because adds are annoying, yellow/red/green.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    I dont rly understand this whole morchok bein free loot.. boss's like feng, elegon, stoneguards were just as easy?
    This comment just drips with "I did T14 in LFR gear." Sure Feng was simple and easy, but he was a big healer check and tanks had to know what they were doing. Elegon was a very tough DPS check pre-nerf, and Stone Guards was actually incredibly challenging for an entry-level boss, since it requires tanks to communicate perfectly, and people to not stand in crap. Morchok had no "don't stand in this" mechanic, and the only thing to watch for on Jin'rokh is a "stand in this" mechanic. No excessive tank communication, no DPS checks, no healer checks required. That's why they are free loot.

STONE GUARD? EASY?

That was one of the biggest tank intelligence checks I've ever seen. And if they were bad at it, spiky raid damage was bad.

jin rokh has this amazing "boom one fucking retard fails you all go to hell"
    while morchok had ehm .. well .. uhm .. yeah ..

biggest loot boss ever was still lootship/lootreaver first time we went to the lootship we won and didn't even knew what to do .. oh there is a turret .. lets check out what that does .. oh look shiny new epix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Goblite View Post
    Wait.. morchok was a boss?
    If talking about the heroic version he was one, albeit easy. Normal one is a glorified trash pack with a large health pool.
    Those bosses where harder then Morchok if done with an average item level of 460 in the raid. I understand where you are coming from if you did them with pretty much everyone in the raid being ilvl 480+ and up though.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-03-17 at 05:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can wipe so easy on Jin'Rokh, Morchok you could just tunnel vision him.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    If talking about the heroic version he was one, albeit easy. Normal one is a glorified trash pack with a large health pool.
    Those bosses where harder then Morchok if done with an average item level of 460 in the raid. I understand where you are coming from if you did them with pretty much everyone in the raid being ilvl 480+ and up though.
    And most people did morchok overgeared since everyone and their mother had heroic FL gear. Also people remembe morchok with the 35% buff, not release state morchok. Morchok was not a complete pushoever in appropriate gear either.

Not saying he was hard, but not a free kill.

Imo Jin'rokh and morchok are perfectly tuned. First boss should not be too easy and not too hard. People shouldn't have to much trouble killing them.

Definitely Morchok. Jin'rokh is easy, but he still has a couple abilities which can kill the entire raid if you aren't careful. Morchok, if one person fails they generally only kill themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Original Goblite View Post
    Wait.. morchok was a boss?
    Higher lvl trash mob.

Morchok was substantially easier to defeat come launch. No contest.

Morchok has to be probably the most piss-poor excuse for a boss in recent memory, regardless of heroic or not. Hell he's a disgrace to the title "boss"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Morchok. Melee- stack on boss for 90% of fight. pew pew. run behind pillars unless you were a rogue/DK/Paladin, in which case, pop a CD and pew-pew. Range had it a bit more tricky, had to run to crystals, and you would get knocked into the air.

But seriously, Morchok. Any raid that could NOT down him on normal mode has absolutely no business raiding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    I found 3 of the potential 5 "first bosses" of FL difficult, easy ones being baleroc and shannox. Didn't do ICC and Loot ship isn't the first boss.
    FL = flame leviathan when we're talking about a single boss. and it is my vote. Morchok and jinrokh may be what tehy are, but flame leviathan and lootship are very *hard* to lose to. I'd say flame leviathan is easiest though because lootship couldn't be soloed from day1 as far as I'm aware and couldn't be duo'd by any 2 morons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    lootship best loot.

Deleted
    I haven't seen ToT but although Morchok was really really easy, and some of the others mentioned were ridiculously easy too here are a couple I feel were even easier. For your consideration:

(Wrath Naxx): Noth the Lootbringer - Dispel the curses, nuke down the frankly insignificant adds. Wait for loot.
    (Wrath ICC): Marrowgar - Kill spikes, don't get cleaved (Unless you're tanking). Wait for loot.

I mean at least with Morchok you had to move to crystals, move behind rocks (And be at least somewhat aware in case you were stood in black while it appeared you weren't).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Morchok no doubt, hell I even got an undergeared friend for an HC kill ilvl 378- (20% or 25% nerf) and we made it, cant really say much about Jin'rokh since I haven't tried him yet (yeah I'm a slowpoke)

Voidreaver also pwned people after they changed how his orbs came out, and addons stopped tracking them for you :P

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    im just gunna go out on a limb here and say all of dragon soul was a loot pinata. None of those bosses where very difficult.

Flame Leviathan. Also, Naxx in general, lest we forget. I approve of an easy boss or two in an instance. Morchoc was probably noticeable because DS was such a short and rather ugly instance.

Attumen in Kara was pretty easy.