Kill Shot and PVP

Is it even worth using in Pvp to secure kills or should I rely on something else like Arcane shot or a Kill command? Thanks for your input in advance.

Use it. End of thread. Apologize for asking such a question. This made me refuse to accept "no question are too dumb".

Deleted
    No focus cost and decent damage. Use!

Simple question. No need for a snarky retort sir.

It's hella strong, you cray?

Ummmm, spam it.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Its good simply because of the no focus cost, you can chain it then pop a KC or something.

Afaik, Kill Shot is the hardest hitting ability we have(apart from Powershot). Usually a kill should be done: Kill Shot > AS/CS/KC/ES > Kill Shot

I don't understand, it uses a global.. it hits hard. it has no focus cost.. I just I don't understand why its even a debate..

It might make more sense if you explain why you're doubting using it so we can address those concerns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    ofc you should use it

STOP, do not use it! It's a dps increase to refresh the CD on your KC with Alt + F4.

Deleted
    Of course it should be used, but it's damage is just disappointing for an execute ability. If it doesn't crit, it's not a one shotting thing, many classes also survive a double KS.

I think they should rework how it is triggered, as often it's not possible to use KS on targets that are in KS range because the hunter is GCD locked. Take it off the GCD or make it a buff that lasts for 10 sec once it's triggered by targets that drop below 20%.

Free ability that deals good damage, I don't understand why you'd think to not use it.

But seriously, it's the N1 button on my Naga..

I think he means why does he need to use it when his pet will kill the target anyway while he falls asleep?

But seriously, use it.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Of course it should be used, but it's damage is just disappointing for an execute ability. If it doesn't crit, it's not a one shotting thing, many classes also survive a double KS.

I think they should rework how it is triggered, as often it's not possible to use KS on targets that are in KS range because the hunter is GCD locked. Take it off the GCD or make it a buff that lasts for 10 sec once it's triggered by targets that drop below 20%.

I completely agree. it should be a proc that activates and stay sup irrespective of if they get a heal etc. removing from the GCD might be too op though

It's quite annoying that it seems we can never use it when they're bouncing in the range and you feel GCD locked and you aren't Braindeadly to GCD hack.

Obviously do use it, but rename your macro to "Hopefully do some semblance of damage shot".

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I don't understand, it uses a global.. it hits hard. it has no focus cost.. I just I don't understand why its even a debate..
    I might be wrong, but in my experience Kill Command and Blinkstrike hit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post

If Blizzard increases KS damage, then sustained damage must be reduced to compensate.

The main problem of KS in PvP is the travel time of the shot, preventing you from easily ninjaing the killing blow in random BGs. In ranked play, all free damage is worth using.