Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Hunter Powershot and BM Damage

    Hey guys,

    I was really amazed today as recently I was getting owned by BM hunters in a few seconds and requested a few duels with a fellow BM hunter.

    Both the hunter and I are fully geared - all upgraded pre-5.2 and missing only the elite weapon.

    Powershot crits me (a lock) for 150-170K and with Rapid Fire it is just a 2sec cast. How is that even fair and people were complaining about Chaosbolt, now it turns out Powershot currently crits for 50% more!!!

    Hunter opens with silence then he quickly does Rapid Fire, Stampede, Bestial Wrath and a 2-second Powershot. Without even being able to cast I am down to 30-50% health.

    We tested if I don't use any defensive CDs a BM hunter downs me in 4 second. Really!!! 4 seconds. This is plain ridiculous.

    How can Powershot stay under the radar for so long - what happened to people shouldn't lose 50% of their health to a single ability (chaosbolt nerf crying)?

    They have the zoo with a 1000 animals there and can talent into a Chaosbolt that hits for 50% more damage? And all defensive and healing capabilities. BM hunters are the new warriors guys - beware.

    Last edited by Hegemonia; 2013-03-13 at 09:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Don't let him cast it.

  3. #3
    When the warlock class stinks for 6 seasons you can complain. You still have more HP than most tanks and if you do not pop defensive cooldowns a lot of classes will kill you in under 8 seconds. Rogues are killing my hunter in an opener before I can even pop deterrence and DKs are crushing my Resto Druid even through tree form.

    It is a burst game now. Don't hate the hunter because he finally has burst for a season or 2.

  4. #4
    So considering the PvP community wasn't happy with Chaosbolt hitting you for half your hit points, how come Powershot is ok while Chaosbolt wasn't. What is the rationale?

    It is not about how to counter it as a lock or 1v1 at all. This was just for testing. It is about the BM damage output versus that of other classes. I'm sick of seeing KFC nubs just hitting 3 buttons and winning in 30 seconds. Hunters are still up there on the OP side and with Powershot imbaness it is getting quite ridiculous.

    Edit: and BTW the "don't let him cast it" argument was laughed at when locks used it as a defense, remember?

  5. #5
    Powershot is extremely easy to prevent, either by knockbacks, CC, or los. A base 3 second cast time is just short of eternity in pvp. The biggest difference between powershot and chaos bolt is powershot is only usable once every minute, and that's assuming they manage to get the cast off right away when it comes off cooldown.

  6. #6
    Well, not really.
    Even a single Chaosbolt in a whole duel or arena is extremely hard to get off, and to be honest destro outside of CB is really hard to pressure anybody. When is the last time you saw a lock cast more than 1 chaosbolt in arena or a duel? Playing a lock full-time I don't remember the last time I did that. BGs are a different beast.

    But this is not the issue - I don't want to engage in a dumb 1v1 comparison or lock vs hunter, etc. The problem with BM hunters is the following.

    BM is really strong with Stampede and all crazyness, and then you add Powershot which takes half your HP and we have a PvP mess. The problem is the combination of the BM burst with the high-powered single ability. 2 seconds is not that hard to pull off when you can silence a target for 3 seconds, right? The fact that it is not as easy to get it off could be made about chaosbolt but it hits for 50% less. I don't see the rationale behind Powershot in PvP.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    Well, not really.
    Even a single Chaosbolt in a whole duel or arena is extremely hard to get off, and to be honest destro outside of CB is really hard to pressure anybody. When is the last time you saw a lock cast more than 1 chaosbolt in arena or a duel? Playing a lock full-time I don't remember the last time I did that. BGs are a different beast.

    But this is not the issue - I don't want to engage in a dumb 1v1 comparison or lock vs hunter, etc. The problem with BM hunters is the following.

    BM is really strong with Stampede and all crazyness, and then you add Powershot which takes half your HP and we have a PvP mess. The problem is the combination of the BM burst with the high-powered single ability. 2 seconds is not that hard to pull off when you can silence a target for 3 seconds, right? The fact that it is not as easy to get it off could be made about chaosbolt but it hits for 50% less. I don't see the rationale behind Powershot in PvP.
    This question will yield you two things: Hunters and people playing with Hunters saying it's fine and you should shut up AND people who are at the receiving end of it who will agree with you. I myself do not PvP that much lately, so I'll just say that if what you say is true (2s cast for 50% of your health with proper PvP gear with no obvious drawback [easily avoidable NOT being one, if he can just recast it]), then that's pretty worrying.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  8. #8
    So does it hit for 150k or does it hit for half your health? Because I'd bet you've got more than 300k health. Plus, it only hits for that much if it happens to crit and if it doesn't, they have to wait a full minute before attempting to get it off again. Plus, if you're talking about arenas you have teammates to prevent the hunter from casting it. Plus, silencing shot doesn't stop you from LoSing it. Plus, it's only a 2 second cast if the hunter uses a 3 minute cooldown. Plus, that's only if you're not using any defensive cooldowns. Are we done here yet?

  9. #9
    If you have full malev gear powershot is not hitting you for 50% of your HP, even if it crits.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    Well, not really.
    Even a single Chaosbolt in a whole duel or arena is extremely hard to get off, and to be honest destro outside of CB is really hard to pressure anybody. When is the last time you saw a lock cast more than 1 chaosbolt in arena or a duel? Playing a lock full-time I don't remember the last time I did that. BGs are a different beast.

    But this is not the issue - I don't want to engage in a dumb 1v1 comparison or lock vs hunter, etc. The problem with BM hunters is the following.

    BM is really strong with Stampede and all crazyness, and then you add Powershot which takes half your HP and we have a PvP mess. The problem is the combination of the BM burst with the high-powered single ability. 2 seconds is not that hard to pull off when you can silence a target for 3 seconds, right? The fact that it is not as easy to get it off could be made about chaosbolt but it hits for 50% less. I don't see the rationale behind Powershot in PvP.
    Stampede: 5 minute cooldown, the beasts can be feared/stunned/rooted/etc.
    Powershot: Interruptable, 3 second cast (lol?) and will not pierce invulnerabilities.
    Chaosbolt: 3 second cast, repeatable, ignores invuln situations.

    Learn to counter the abilities you are complaining about, instead of soaking your panties with tears.

  11. #11
    You need to gem resilience. Also mages have been able to oneshot everyone together with any class the whole expansion and they're still getting buffed.

  12. #12
    You can run and cast chaos bolt, aswell and poping a cd that make it impossible to interupt you.
    The hunter have to stand still for 2.2-4 seconds and can be intrupted.
    And it a PS takes 50% of your hp, stop pvping in green lvl 85 leveling gear.
    Or just l2p, also an option.

  13. #13

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    Hey guys,

    I was really amazed today as recently I was getting owned by BM hunters in a few seconds and requested a few duels with a fellow BM hunter.

    Both the hunter and I are fully geared - all upgraded pre-5.2 and missing only the elite weapon.

    Powershot crits me (a lock) for 150-170K and with Rapid Fire it is just a 2sec cast. How is that even fair and people were complaining about Chaosbolt, now it turns out Powershot currently crits for 50% more!!!

    Hunter opens with silence then he quickly does Rapid Fire, Stampede, Bestial Wrath and a 2-second Powershot. Without even being able to cast I am down to 30-50% health.

    We tested if I don't use any defensive CDs a BM hunter downs me in 4 second. Really!!! 4 seconds. This is plain ridiculous.

    How can Powershot stay under the radar for so long - what happened to people shouldn't lose 50% of their health to a single ability (chaosbolt nerf crying)?

    They have the zoo with a 1000 animals there and can talent into a Chaosbolt that hits for 50% more damage? And all defensive and healing capabilities. BM hunters are the new warriors guys - beware.
    looks like you ran across a hunter with all his cd's up...

    I was bm for a bit on my hunter and simply didnt like it. the buggy pet mechanics mixed with other variables made it feel like old demo locks. MM is where its at these days. Im regularly critting 250k powershot into 145k aimed shot and yeah... im loving it.

    Hunters are fine

  14. #14
    Surprised its not been mentioned that Powershot is on a 60 second cooldown and Chaos Bolt needs only an ember!

  15. #15
    OP, have you been living under a rock or something? GC, and many other blues have acknowledged countless times, that Hunters are fine, which was mainly since Stampede was hotfixed. Coupled with the latest Silencing Shot nerf, and the fact that Powershot breaks whilst in camo now, there's not a whole lot that gives Hunters that element of surprise. This is particularly the case for those who know how to break a hunter's opener with just some well timed AOE and positioning.

    He got to pop every CD, what happens when you get to pop yours and freecast as well? You can horror/stun him also.

    It's ironic how you're comparing Chaos Bolt with Powershot, because both are completely different abilities. 1min CD ability vs 1x ember, which isn't difficult to generate. Yes, we can bring in the argument that it can be interrupted, but so can Powershot - I bet you didn't know that. If you look around, Hunters are far from flying under the radar - casters like you have always been more favorable and talked about in the mainstream, because they actually deliver pressure without having to wait 1/5mins for those CD's you stated.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Mr. Casual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bronx ,NY
    Posts
    568
    sssshhhhh your going to expose mages

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    You can run and cast chaos bolt, aswell and poping a cd that make it impossible to interupt you.
    The hunter have to stand still for 2.2-4 seconds and can be intrupted.
    And it a PS takes 50% of your hp, stop pvping in green lvl 85 leveling gear.
    Or just l2p, also an option.
    Oh I didn't know I cannot be interrupted - stun, fear, etc. Also, I love it when the class being under scrutiny replies with l2p - haha. Look at all the KFC and get real.

    Quote Originally Posted by purpledrannk View Post
    looks like you ran across a hunter with all his cd's up...
    Im regularly critting 250k powershot into 145k aimed shot and yeah... im loving it.

    Hunters are fine
    You should talk to your fellow hunters here, you guys seem to be on a different page regarding the single ability that can get half your HP.

    Right now I'm editing an arena that I'd like to share with all of you.

    And to all of you - it is not whether I can or cannot interrupt the opener or LoS it or whatever. The question is whether a single ability that hits for that much is fair or not - remember ToB stacking and the Chaosbolt in the beginning. The fact that it is situational doesn't make it less retarded. You avoid it 80% of the time and the other 20% or whatever you get globalled and that gameplay sucks.

    Now let's hear some serious arguments please.
    Last edited by Hegemonia; 2013-03-12 at 09:51 PM.

  18. #18
    I'm gearing a new char and PS crits ME for 150k. I'm admittedly not fighting people in upgraded malev, but I'm fighting people in a mix of honor and malev and I'm in greens.

    And if you're a lock and aren't in green gear yourself, 150k is not 50% of your health by a long shot.

  19. #19
    Warchief Henkdejager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your computer.
    Posts
    2,125
    Your a lock , 400k hp and hitting folks with 180k chaos bolts. POWERSHOT should NOT hit you with 150k. Show us a combat logg or screenshot and your armory so we have proof. We got NOTHING now.

    w8 i got something, i got hit by a jab by a monk for 5000k dmg. Monks should get nerved. Totaly!

    See what i did there?

    Plus, he used ALL his cds. ALL of it. What did you expect? After his cds are down, most of his DMG will suck. And you will just chaos bolt him to death. GG
    Stuff

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Your a lock , 400k hp and hitting folks with 180k chaos bolts. POWERSHOT should NOT hit you with 150k. Show us a combat logg or screenshot and your armory so we have proof. We got NOTHING now.

    w8 i got something, i got hit by a jab by a monk for 5000k dmg. Monks should get nerved. Totaly!

    See what i did there?

    Plus, he used ALL his cds. ALL of it. What did you expect? After his cds are down, most of his DMG will suck. And you will just chaos bolt him to death. GG
    He is lying. He must not even have that much pvp gear cause that's how much it is hitting for unmitigated.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •