Poll: WoW 2 or WC4?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Warcfart 4 hands down,
    there's no need for WoW 2, all of this can just come with expansions.

Deleted
    So you compare 2 games that will never exists?
    And Im glad W4 wont be focused on eSport cause that is not SPORT (imho ofc) and be focused on the RPG Part like W3...

Blizzard All-Stars is basically the spiritual successor to Warcraft 3. No-one bothered to actually play the game Warcraft 3. They played DotA, which happened to be a War3 map. Blizzard All-Stars is DotA. So BAS is War4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 4 will only go as long as the campaign for me. Which isn't very long because I play games for the story and only play them on normal. So I am going with wow 2 because it will last for alot longer.
    Aye mate

Where is the option "Make them both"? I up for that only.

Deleted
    Easily Warcraft 4, SC 2 is not perfect but very very good, Diablo 3 and WoW are in their current state complete garbage. Disclaimer: yah right, all imnsho.

Wc4, im a big fan of wc3, i was known as the god of 4v4 rt actually... a pretty fun joke i started myself lol, i actually reached lvl50 top 3 too.

Sc2 is great but its nowhere near the fun i've had in wc3, too much split decision-wins-game stuff, and a lot less micro

If WoW2 is just WoW1 but with a little spit-shine (as you seem to have described it)... not at all. WC4 all the way.

But if WoW2 is something with considerable innovation and forward momentum, that also respects the diamond core of what made WoW what it is, then WoW2.

Really though, it's a bit of a false-dilemma.

WoW has changed so much from the vanilla release that we're practically playing WoW 2 already.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Warcraft 4, because I feel they could tackle the story better in an RTS. And, in the end, inside an RTS you can have those missions with only the hero or something if you want to insert some RPG elements there. In a MMORPG... the story is dilluted because people don't like to read a lot of quest text and because it's an MMO, your character isn't very unique at all since everyone complains about other people having stuff they can't get even though they pay the same 15$ per month, right?

So, chose Warcraft 4.

Speaking of Editors I loved creating siege, td, arena and custom maps on Wc3.

I knew how to Jass, Trigger, custom spells. Loved the community models,skins and spells.
    Editing the terrain and doodads was a breeze and really allowed for a beautiful map.

Sc2 Editor on the other hand. While x100 more powerful (lol Bejeweled in sc2 It's really complicated

Warcraft 4.Spending so much time in custom tower defence games in war 3 was so much fun.Green td ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Blizzard All-Stars is basically the spiritual successor to Warcraft 3. No-one bothered to actually play the game Warcraft 3. They played DotA, which happened to be a War3 map. Blizzard All-Stars is DotA. So BAS is War4.
    nobody bothered to play WC3? this is a troll right?

Deleted
    Warcraft 4.

Though I'm sure Bliz could mess it up with a butchering of all that made warcraft great, and tack on a useless always online DRM system with inadequate servers, and design it round a RMAH that makes the game a needless grind.

So I'm not sure I really want them to try to be honest. My faith in Bliz to make quality games has evaporated entirely.

I'd say WoW 2. But in reality I know there won't ever be a sequel (at least not in the near future). WoW will just continue to evolve into whatever the devs vision of a WoW 2 is. And I have no interest in WC 4, RTS games don't strike my fancy at all.

My dream for WoW 2 would be something radically different from current WoW. For example, no tab targetting... it would play much more like a FPS.

I'd personally go Warcraft 4.

Tbh WoW2 concept thats given here, would be like playing the game again, only with a few additions, and to be fair, id rather not bother with that, Warcraft 4 however offers alot more endless possibilities with different stories throught the Warcraft lore that they could use... hell, they could even do some of the more recent WoW events..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    I'd personally go Warcraft 4.

Tbh WoW2 concept thats given here, would be like playing the game again, only with a few additions, and to be fair, id rather not bother with that, Warcraft 4 however offers alot more endless possibilities with different stories throught the Warcraft lore that they could use... hell, they could even do some of the more recent WoW events..
    Every WoW patch or expansion is 'like playing the game again, only with a few additions'.
    How would a new, future-proof, iteration of WoW be a bad thing for anyone, considering Blizzard will be able to cash in longer, and fans will be able to enjoy it longer?

Guild Wars 2 is (obviously) a sequel, but it still receives the amount of attention and respect of a stand-alone new IP.

If you want WoW 2 you're gonna get it this year, http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/#page1

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    I will go with Warcraft 4 just to make a space between WoW1 and WoW2, then after Warcraft 4 and all its expansions... WoW2

Warcraft 4 by far. There's virtually no reason to make a WoW 2, because they can just keep adding on to the current WoW with expansions like they have been.

Warcraft 4, on the other hand, would be amazing. I don't really care at all about the campaign or story, but custom games on WC3 are absolutely amazing, and I'm sure that WC4 custom games would make it far more fun than any WoW 2.

Besides, if they actually released a WoW 2 and I had to make new characters and stuff there's no way I'd even waste my time with it, would just play another game instead.