1. #1

    When did Trion stop accepting calls?

    Trion used to accept phone calls - and their website "Contact Us" button says "If you can't find what you're looking for on out site, give us a call." However, that links to this page:

    https://support.trionworlds.com/app/...etail/a_id/478

    And there's no phone number anymore!

    Last I'd heard, it sounded like they were moving towards more hours of support coverage - did this include a move to chat-only?

  2. #2
    Maybe they mean "give us a call" metaphorically?
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  3. #3
    Trion still accept calls.

    (650) 631-9800

    They also have a 7 day a week GM chat now too.

    Pretty solid bunch of bros at Trion.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Trion still accept calls.

    (650) 631-9800

    They also have a 7 day a week GM chat now too.

    Pretty solid bunch of bros at Trion.
    Cool! I can call when I'm bored and just chat!

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Synbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Thunderdome
    Posts
    662
    I tried calling and it didn't work. I want to resub, but I need to remove the authenticator from my account. I've been trying to use the live chat on the site, but that isn't working either. And it won't let me submit email without my authenticator number. I am about to just give up
    What doesn't destroy us, only makes us stranger

  6. #6
    Well, I just called them up thinking the issue was that it was merely the weekend. Turns out Trion no longer offer customer support over the phone. The service was shutdown on March 9th, 2013. That's fairly new.

    Apologies, I did not know phone support was cut off so recently.

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk Klutzington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Murrica, of course.
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, I just called them up thinking the issue was that it was merely the weekend. Turns out Trion no longer offer customer support over the phone. The service was shutdown on March 9th, 2013. That's fairly new.

    Apologies, I did not know phone support was cut off so recently.
    I wonder if it has to do with them not being able to fund it? Or maybe not enough people were calling in. o.O

  8. #8
    Looks like we need to get that text updated - I've already let our support team know!

    But yes, we switched to offering 7-day chat support - this allows us to better service our growing international audience and provide the same level of support every day of the week.

    We know we have many fans and advocates of our phone support, nothing's changed other than you no longer need to sit on hold

    Announcement was made here: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...days-week.html
    Last edited by Elrar-Trion; 2013-03-18 at 05:46 PM.
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    I wonder if it has to do with them not being able to fund it? Or maybe not enough people were calling in. o.O
    OH GOD NEXT THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN THE RIFT SERVERS OH GOD OH GOD.

    Oh hey elrar.
    I prefer text chat anyways.

    that was a short lived panic...
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  10. #10
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Looks like we need to get that text updated - I've already let our support team know!

    But yes, we switched to offering 7-day chat support - this allows us to better service our growing international audience and provide the same level of support every day of the week.

    We know we have many fans and advocates of our phone support, nothing's changed other than you no longer need to sit on hold

    Announcement was made here: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...days-week.html
    I'm sorry, but with service like this I don't see why people would be complaining. Yes, they might have made a mistake and left the wrong text on the support link, but you have a Dev who stopped by this forum to let you know exactly what is happening and is going to get it fixed.

    And people say that complaining about something on here doesn't get to game devs...riiiiight. Gotta say that is a little mind blowing in terms of awesome. Keep up the good work.
    BAD WOLF

  11. #11
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm sorry, but with service like this I don't see why people would be complaining. Yes, they might have made a mistake and left the wrong text on the support link, but you have a Dev who stopped by this forum to let you know exactly what is happening and is going to get it fixed.

    And people say that complaining about something on here doesn't get to game devs...riiiiight. Gotta say that is a little mind blowing in terms of awesome. Keep up the good work.

    I could be missing something here but I don't see anyone complaining?

  12. #12
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I could be missing something here but I don't see anyone complaining?
    There was another post already closed about this same issue, now it is being brought up again. It was also used as a generality of feedback getting to a developer.

    I could be missing something here, but I don't see a point to your comment.
    BAD WOLF

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Synbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Thunderdome
    Posts
    662
    Finally got in touch with customer service, and I am now playing rift again. I've missed it. Happy to be back
    What doesn't destroy us, only makes us stranger

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk Klutzington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Murrica, of course.
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    OH GOD NEXT THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN THE RIFT SERVERS OH GOD OH GOD.
    OMG CALL 911. GET THE CHILDREN OUT. AND FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, GRAB ALL THE PC'S.

    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Oh hey elrar.
    I prefer text chat anyways.

    that was a short lived panic...
    Oh .

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    There was another post already closed about this same issue, now it is being brought up again. It was also used as a generality of feedback getting to a developer.

    I could be missing something here, but I don't see a point to your comment.
    What was the point of your first post?

    My point was there was a discussion going on here not complaining. You noticed which thread he posted in don't you?

    Discussion = feedback > complaining = bitching

  16. #16
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    What was the point of your first post?
    I guess you are under the mistaken impression that I was responding directly to the OP and not the post I quoted, which was not your place to assume, especially given the fact that the point of my post (which you obviously missed) was to commend Trion on a job well done.

    Go back to the WoW general forums where you came from and quit trying to ruin a thread with flame bait.
    BAD WOLF

  17. #17
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I guess you are under the mistaken impression that I was responding directly to the OP and not the post I quoted, which was not your place to assume, especially given the fact that the point of my post (which you obviously missed) was to commend Trion on a job well done.

    Go back to the WoW general forums where you came from and quit trying to ruin a thread with flame bait.
    Please don't act like you are a moderator. I'm free to post where I want as long as I'm not breaking any rules. If you feel I am please report my post.

    Also I didn't even read who you quoted I was just saying there hasn't been any complaining here. Not sure how that is flame bait but, whatever you say boss.

  18. #18
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Please don't act like you are a moderator. I'm free to post where I want as long as I'm not breaking any rules. If you feel I am please report my post.

    Also I didn't even read who you quoted I was just saying there hasn't been any complaining here. Not sure how that is flame bait but, whatever you say boss.
    Well thank you for clarifying that your posts are just 'because you can' which isn't contributing to the thread in any capacity...which fyi is against the forum rules. Your continued response along these lines is intentionally trying to provoke me and derail a thread which circles back to the first sentence. My post served to commend a company for their customer service and ponder the potential, existing, or otherwise complaints in the light of good service.

    So while my posts have been to clarify my original statement, which was valid and contibuting to the topic, all of yours are to try and call out someone in a random forum that you barely participate in. Please tell me how that's doing any sort of service to the topic. Better yet, save yourself potential trouble and stop posting flame bait, non contributive posts.

    Good day.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Finally got in touch with customer service, and I am now playing rift again. I've missed it. Happy to be back
    Glad they could get you sorted out. Hopefully you can catch up on what you've missed in time for the Dendrome to drop. I'm looking forward to it reviving my interest in the game.
    BAD WOLF

  19. #19
    Elemental Lord Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    8,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well thank you for clarifying that your posts are just 'because you can' which isn't contributing to the thread in any capacity...which fyi is against the forum rules. Your continued response along these lines is intentionally trying to provoke me and derail a thread which circles back to the first sentence. My post served to commend a company for their customer service and ponder the potential, existing, or otherwise complaints in the light of good service.

    So while my posts have been to clarify my original statement, which was valid and contibuting to the topic, all of yours are to try and call out someone in a random forum that you barely participate in. Please tell me how that's doing any sort of service to the topic. Better yet, save yourself potential trouble and stop posting flame bait, non contributive posts.

    Good day.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:53 PM ----------


    Glad they could get you sorted out. Hopefully you can catch up on what you've missed in time for the Dendrome to drop. I'm looking forward to it reviving my interest in the game.

    You don't like my post report them. By responding to me telling me i'm posting flame bait You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of. If you feel I'm breaking a rule report me. If you don't like my posts. Ignore me. Otherwise don't tell me where I can and can't post.


    I know you want to act like you are on the high ground here but you aren't.

    I'm still trying to figure out why you are upset with me in the first place. What is so bad about saying discussion = feedback > complaining = bitching?
    This is a direct reply to something you said. If it is off topic it's because you went off topic.

  20. #20
    Knock it off please, if you want to continue take it to PM's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •