Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Amazing how the truth gets twisted when time passes by...
    There was no such thing as a Deadmines raid, Scarlet Monastery, Scholomance, Stratholme, LBRS, or BRD raid. That did not exist as such, at no point in time.
    Pretty positive we were 15 people within the same instance. And it was Deadmines. It was fixed rather recently after that I recall. But we were 15 roughly in the same instance known as Dead Mines. Hundred percent Positive. They weren't raids, but they were dungeons and there was those that collected everyone in Westfall for a zerg into Deadmines. I was one :P

I know it was fixed since I couldn't do it a month or two later. For funsies.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Hell, the average mists 5 man boss has more complicated mechanics than any Vanilla raid boss pre-Onyxia.
    What? Ony was the first raid boss for just about everyone, so what bosses are you talking about?
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    so much speculation in here, let´s take a look

Patch 1.3.0
    03-07-2005
    wowwiki

Dungeon Player Caps

All dungeons now have a cap on group size to limit the number of players that may enter the dungeon. It was necessary to add this cap as raiding these dungeons trivialized much of the content. Because of this change we can now look to adding better loot to them during future content patches.

With that in mind, the dungeons below now have the following caps:

Onyxia/Molten Core - 40 members
    Blackrock Spire - 15 members
    Diremaul - 5 members

All other dungeons in the game will be capped at 10 members.Several dungeons will be re-examined for balancing in light of thischange. In addition, will have their loot improved significatnly forthe next content patch.

Patch 1.10.0
    03-28-2006
    wowwiki

High-Level Instance Changes

Along with the new Armor Sets, the high-level 5-10 man dungeons have received some changes regarding loot. Many items have been improved in quality and use. In addition, several epic items, such as Headmaster's Charge and the Runeblade of Baron Rivendare, have had their drop rates significantly increased. In order to preserve the challenge of these dungeons, they have had their instance caps lowered. Stratholme, Scholomance, and Blackrock Depths now allow a maximum of five players inside, and Blackrock Spire allows a maximum of ten.

Blackrock Spire is still 10m!
    Last edited by mmocb0dcdc50d6; 2013-03-18 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Lol, I remember doing just that in a way. This was back in TBC. A large portion of our guild (I can't remember how many) grouped up in a raid, took off all our armor, and ran through VC(yeah remember that name for Deadmines?) for shits and giggles. Raised our unarmed skills up by quite a bit too. I know my guild master recorded it, but I don't know if it ever got posted on youtube or anything. So yes, back then, it was possible, and quite amusing.
    Ye gods. Yeah, the van cleef name for deadmines confused me so much all the time back then. Not as much as the meeting stones - aka LFD ver. .000000000002 alpha. Those were super weird, randomly getting grouped with 4 other pure dps classes. Here you go. GLHF.

No.. but I do remember a standard UBRS group was 15 people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuldTasken View Post
    He said that people who played Vanilla was mouse clicking noobs and needed that many people to do instances among other things. I simply stated that vanilla was less Faceroll in comparison to the expansions we see today on WoW in form of dungeon content. I responded to his words, " Faceroll, mouseclicking noobs, dungeons", where he hinted that Vanilla content was faceroll material etc. I was wondering what he compared the Vanilla dungeons with? If he compared them with today, I do not see any difference.

The mechanics, sure some are new and some are old. But they aren't really any difficulty that requires attention. Healer can usually heal over any damage given from bosses in instances such as Normal/heroic Jade serpent temple. And the whole Underlined sentence and that paragraph was in response to him seeing he was the one I quoted from above. And it was not a question it was a statement. I do not see much change in the bosses in comparison to Vanilla. And for being a such old games it is given that it is hard to introduce new functions into fights. Since you got design/code frames to stick within.

And those posts you quoted wasn't posted by that person. He wrote following, " I am happy they patched it to 5 man, what an error" and something else. Since there wasn't a lack of skill from players back then, it was lack of knowledge. Do remember that the internet was young and the amount of tutorials and such wasn't around back then. You relied on helping each other out.

So, not sure where you understood that I was twisting his claims? I simply told him that much has changed, I responded directly and also derailed to a small extent.
    I'm not making an argument on the difficulty of vanilla dungeons, since I started mid-BC and didn't get any firsthand experience of the vanilla 5-man mechanics. So I'm not really sure why you're trying to convince me of that. I'm just saying that you were responding to an imaginary statement when you're talking about him comparing modern normal 5mans to vanilla and he didn't do anything of the sort.

I also didn't quote anyone at all, but I paraphrased what he said. Here are the quotes (including your response with the parts that respond to nothing bolded by me) to have it all in context:
    Yeh i remember 10 mans Strat, what an error... happily they fixed it.
    Bosses never hit 80% of your health, they had no strategy at all, in fact that was pure facerolling, but peoples on vanilla were mostly mouseclicking noobs so that's why they needed raids for it.
    So not sure where you thought the bosses for normal 5 man dungeons have changed a lot since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Like 90%+ of vanilla bosses had no mechanics at all, it was just tank and kill them. And the few that had mechanics were single mechanics like, one player gets MCd, or the boss AoEs sometimes, or adds spawn.

To say that there's no difference between that and Taran Zhu, a fight where you have to monitor rising hatred (and use meditation to lower it), stay out of the AoE ring, and deal with adds that pull the entire group and build more hatred, is just ignorant.

Hell, the average mists 5 man boss has more complicated mechanics than any Vanilla raid boss pre-Onyxia.
    Pre-onyxia, so, just MC? No one ever said MC was hard. But if you think stuff like AQ or Naxx was mindless -_-;

I still only know how to get through BRD one way, and that's the path to the MC zone in. We used to run through it with 40 people each week, to start raids. Then they added attunements (though not the same as the later BC ones) to allow you to skip the dungeons and zone right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    I'm not making an argument on the difficulty of vanilla dungeons, since I started mid-BC and didn't get any firsthand experience of the vanilla 5-man mechanics
    For what it's worth, they were fairly brutal. Original level 60 Scholomance? What a god damn nightmare.
    Last edited by fangless; 2013-03-18 at 09:51 PM.