1-Tanking Durumu 25m Normal

Quote Originally Posted by Icy Veins
    Debuffs applied by Hard Stare can be removed by means of Divine Shield and Hand of Protection. This enables a single Protection Paladin to tank the encounter by removing the stacks, or even by a non-Paladin tank, if there is a tank in the raid with Clemency talented.
    Is this still true on live realms? We have a warrior and a monk tank, and I'd like to see if we can get one of them to go DPS. I'm not worried about meeting the hard enrage of 10 minutes on this fight, but why make an execution fight longer if you don't have to. We haven't pulled this boss yet but will start on Tuesday.

Is there a recommendation why we shouldn't do this? Your input is appreciated. I've looked over the Raids & Dungeons forum here at Mmo-Champion and there's only one or two threads with valuable information about this boss. As such, I'm not expecting too much difficulty on this encounter.

Thanks for your input, guys.

Yað <Lux>
    Us-Kilrogg Alliance
    Last edited by Subbversion; 2013-03-17 at 07:21 PM.

Yes you can do it with a prot pally/pally with clemency. No, it doesn't really make the fight easier on normal tbh unless you can kill it without a second maze phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    Is there a recommendation why we shouldn't do this? Your input is appreciated. I've looked over the Raids & Dungeons forum here at Mmo-Champion and there's only one or two threads with valuable information about this boss. As such, I'm not expecting too much difficulty on this encounter.
    Because its mechanically easier with 2? The other tank is also kind of nice to stick in the yellow beam with the first tank. You can only bubble it off once a minute (assuming you have enough bubbles, but iirc forb is 1 min) which means you will get a fairly large stack. I also don't think 1 dps will allow you to skip a phase or anything. What you will probably get is that the last light phase will be a little shorter, although that depends entirely on how well your dps can dps during the maze and how many of them are dead.

I think you are underestimating this guy. He is significantly more challenging than any of the first 6 and the maze can take quite a bit for everyone to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Because its mechanically easier with 2? The other tank is also kind of nice to stick in the yellow beam with the first tank. You can only bubble it off once a minute (assuming you have enough bubbles, but iirc forb is 1 min) which means you will get a fairly large stack. I also don't think 1 dps will allow you to skip a phase or anything. What you will probably get is that the last light phase will be a little shorter, although that depends entirely on how well your dps can dps during the maze and how many of them are dead.

I think you are underestimating this guy. He is significantly more challenging than any of the first 6 and the maze can take quite a bit for everyone to learn.
    Generally these are the types of fights our guild excels on. We'll run two tanks now based on your input guys. Thanks!

Deleted
    you can do it with 1 tank even in 25. Debuff will fall off during beam phase and should be bubbled/bop'ed some seconds after colorblind phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty impossible to hit berserk on normal unless half your raid is dead so there's not much point solo tanking, all it does is increase risk, which generally isn't a good thing.
    Two tanking is just a safety net, and for normals, I would recommend as many safety nets as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    considering our tanks weren't our bottom dps I'm unclear how this really helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    considering our tanks weren't our bottom dps I'm unclear how this really helps.
    Solo tanking it with a geared prot paladin, they can do over 250k dps without breaking a sweat. If it was on heroic, then yes you want to solo tank it given the opportunity, simply due to the ~200k raid dps increase which can and will make or break a kill.
    Normals, enrages are a non issue unless as I mentioned before, half your raid is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    We went 1-3-6 in our two kills. Used BoP at 6 stacks and during beam phase stacks went out.
    Here is our video (audio is in spanish btw)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPsLj...ISNXgA&index=3
    Feel free to ask any other doubt

Deleted
    I solotanked simply because I'm way better geared than my fellow tank (healers were struggling to keep him up), but on normal that's pretty much the only reason to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Pretty impossible to hit berserk on normal unless half your raid is dead so there's not much point solo tanking, all it does is increase risk, which generally isn't a good thing.
    Two tanking is just a safety net, and for normals, I would recommend as many safety nets as possible.
    We hit enrage before our kill today
    It may not work this way but Hungering Eye did about 8mil damage from life drain so think that was 8 mil healing on boss. More than 10% of his HP But we got it eventually.

The maze was the biggest problem, not the tank stacks. We two tanked it though. If a solo tank died, the boss would one shot at least a couple of people before the tank was back up. Me and co-tank were 10th and 12th on damage done (95k and 88k DPS) and since neither of us goes DPS often, I don't think we'd have gotten much more if one of us switched. Looking at WoL, top Prot Paladin is 140k DPS from solo tanking.

Don't really think it's worth it tbh, we had no problems with dps killing the boss in around 6min 30 seconds. Found it easier to just two tank it, heroic it would probably be worth solo tanking though