Does anyone else miss... Weekly Raid Quests

I thought these were awesome during ICC. You'd would have a weekly quest to kill a random raid boss of any of the WoTLK raids, and it would grant you what were then Badges, which is equivalent to Valor nowadays. I thought it was just one more way for you to get valor or badges back then without having to grind rare spawns or dailies or w/e. Not that i mind dailies because i really don't. I just loved the fact that it made people get actually form pug groups to do content that even though was old and outdated, was still fun because you werent going in for a full clear, maybe just up to XT in ulduar or Razorscale, or even killing Sarth. I think it would be cool if there was a weekly to do MSV/ToES/HoF bosses, just as an extra way to earn rep/valor and get pugs going again. I'm on a high populate realm (Arthas), xferred here a while back, and even though my guild went 13/16 Heroic last tier, i still enjoy pugging a few bosses normal or heroic, just for fun, on my lesser geared alts, because i can't commit conventionally "alt" runs because I dedicate enough time already to normal raid schedule on my main. But there are hardly ever pugs going on, a little more so now that new content is out, but like i said, with the new content im putting even more time into my main, raiding extra days and grinding rep/valor for him. Im talking for more down the road in a month or so, when i have the time to start gearing alts and stuff, pugs rarely happen, and weekly raid quests would definitely help spark that again, even if it's only to kill a few bosses.

/rant

I agree, but LFR trivializes this. They were originally incentives to gather a 10m group and truck through a raid. Once you were in and got the weekly quest boss down, you were more likely to just finish the raid / enjoy it more.

Now that you can steamroll the boss in LFR in less than 15-30 minutes usually (sans the queue) I don't think they really apply anymore. Blizzard wouldn't put these in for normal / heroic only modes anyway.

I'd love to have that back, but only if it was for normal/heroic mode only. I mean it would be an early boss and they did nerf t14 so I don't think it would be unaccessible to more casual players, but if you could do it in lfr then it just becomes a chore to wait in a long queue while you go do dailies or something in addition to the fact that lfr gives you valor anyway.

I agree with both of you, I wish they would implement it for normal/heroic only. Or even just heroic only, since they nerfed T14. I dunno I do LFR every week, but I DESPISE it. The concept is great. It gives casual players a chance to see end game content, but for me, it is so painstakingly boring. Especially if you don't do it on tuesday or wednesday. I dunno, i just thought the weekly raid quests were fun and a way to do old content, and a chance to socialize with players that you would otherwise not even talk to.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a weekly raid quest within the raid like there was back in ICC.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    This. Try Normalmode :>
    Is it somewhere after Primordius? Because I haven't seen one yet.

Just got one before Iron Qon

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to VP cap from clearing the current raid every week on heroic (less for normal).
    Weekly raid quests that reward VP would help that.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I just want to VP cap from clearing the current raid every week on heroic (less for normal).
    I've given up hope on that but I agree!

And where is the weekly at?? We're 9/12 right now finishing up on Monday night...

the Weekly is right before Iron qon, it rewards a lfr satchel >.>

Ok, but the OP was talking about a quest that encourages you to go do other raids for fun and vp with a minimal time investment and low skill requirement (at least a couple of bosses anyway). A quest giving you free stuff for something you are doing anyway isn't really the same thing at all.

There is a problem with weekly quests now, compared to how they used to be, now there is a hard cap to valor, while in Wrath there was no hard cap to Emblems of Frost, besides when you can't get anymore from the content, the same was true for Cataclysm aswell.

To copy a post from Wowhead

The number of Emblem of Frost you can obtain per week is 93.
    14x Daily Random Heroic
    5x Weekly Raid quest
    5x Weekly Icecrown Citadel quest (10-man)
    5x Weekly Icecrown Citadel quest (25-man)
    2x Toravon the Ice Watcher (10-man)
    2x Toravon the Ice Watcher (25-man)
    5x The Ruby Sanctum (10-man)
    5x The Ruby Sanctum (25-man)
    25x Icecrown Citadel (10-man)
    25x Icecrown Citadel (25-man)

Not say I don't think weekly quests are an awesome idea, and they should be in every raid, aswell as the weekly guy in the city throwing you into a random raid, but it wouldn't be used as heavily, unless it was a massive boost in valor, think minimum 200, because otherwise the effort required will be too great.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    I agree, but LFR trivializes this. They were originally incentives to gather a 10m group and truck through a raid. Once you were in and got the weekly quest boss down, you were more likely to just finish the raid / enjoy it more.

Now that you can steamroll the boss in LFR in less than 15-30 minutes usually (sans the queue) I don't think they really apply anymore. Blizzard wouldn't put these in for normal / heroic only modes anyway.
    I know on our server our group always did the weekly boss then disbanded, only exception was ToC since it was relevant at the time.

I wouldn't mind seeing them come out with weekly quests requiring 3 boss kills of any LFR section so that way people don't just go in and leave when the boss is dead. This would give people the choice of doing it via 10/25 man or LFR.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Seeing how they didn't nerf previous tier VP, the idea is probably to clear those. Probably faster than LFR or chaining 5 mans, too.

Yeah last week weekly was prior to dark animus, and this week prior to Iron Qon.

I enjoyed the weekly raid quests in ICC. Anything that changes up the raid (even so little as a quest here or there) is welcome in my eyes.

I liked the design of maybe having an extra add in a fight that you don't want to die. It makes the encounter a little more difficult, but if the add dies you're only missing out on something like 25 VP so no big deal.

I like that idea.

I think it'd be pretty neat if there was a weekly quest for an older raid as well. It could reward gold, LFG satchel, or something not too significant, but it would give incentive for people to go see some older raids.

I know a lot of our raiders who haven't seen WoTLK or Cata raids want to go check them out, but with absolutely no incentive, it's difficult to convince people to go.