Deleted

Prot paladins as Flag Carriers

Hi guys,
    I play a ret paladin and since I gem resilience anyway, I was thinking why not buy a shield and 1 hand(other gear is same) and go prot paladin for rbgs to get more invites. (rets are still not popular choice in rbgs).
    However, I read on a couple of places that people usually prefer other FCs.
    Is there a point in getting prot spec then or do the prot paladin get even less invites than rets?

go holy or go home

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    go holy or go home
    I can't gear up for holy

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    I can't gear up for holy
    Looks like no RBGs for you then.

No, really.

Nobody wants a Ret, but REALLY nobody wants a Prot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

You can get away with being a Ret FC in regular bgs. I usually do it if no one is willing to since I'm already gemmed for resil. Spec into speed of light and spam it when you're FCing since thats the only mobility we can use. If you really want to be fast, get some Darkwater Potions and combo them with Speed.

Also as soon as you pick up the flag, chance into Seal of Insight so your self heals can be better and you can keep yourself up for as long as you need to.

I wouldn't really bother with picking up a 1h and a sheild, but that's just me.

As for RBGs, I wouldn't bother. Only thing I can think Prot does well at is node defending.

Deleted
    But why no Protection Paladin? Any specific reason? Becouse tank is needed in RBGs, especialy Protection Warrior or Guardian druid. What can a prot warrior do better than prot paladin? Paladin has more survivability(that is for sure) then warrior and less CC, yes, but is that the only reason why they prefer warriors and guardians?

Prot palas got like no cds to use as FC, while warrior have tons + 25% dmg reduction all time etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    But why no Protection Paladin? Any specific reason? Becouse tank is needed in RBGs, especialy Protection Warrior or Guardian druid. What can a prot warrior do better than prot paladin? Paladin has more survivability(that is for sure) then warrior and less CC, yes, but is that the only reason why they prefer warriors and guardians?
    Mobility...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by doylo View Post
    Mobility...
    +1

Jump, charge x2 + intervene
    repeat

Not sure what game you're playing. Protpal has perhaps the worst survival in PVP (tho great in PVE). Our survival is based on vengeance scaling to provide large self-heals. Without vengeance in PVP and WITH Battle Fatigue in PVP, we have very low heal throughput. Our AM tool (ShotR) is a very short (3sec) buff to physical dmg reduction, not all damage. We have lower passive %dmg redux than warriors or ferals. We have worse/fewer cooldowns. We have TERRIBLE mobility issues. We are VERY prone/vulnerable to silence, stun AND fear (warriors don't give a shit about silence, nor fear).

Second wind/leap/charge/intervene, banners, rally cry/last stand, shield barrier/block, passive 25% redux def stance, aoe fear, ranged stun/AOE stun peeling.
    Frenzied regen, stupid high mobility, leap/displacer (either/or), about 3 dozen cooldowns for heals/dmg redux.
    Or, shitty self heals and cooldowns that drop the flag or are disabled in rated pvp.

Hmmm, why again is paladin even mentioned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Prot paladin can't do shit while silenced unlike prot warriors. Prot paladins can't use their best defensive cooldowns with the flag and LoH is now disabled in RBG. Other tanks have shitload of cds to use. Prot paladins have shitty mobility compared to warrior and guardian. Prot paladin relies on vengeance-powered selfheals in pve which you can't get in RBG. Guardian and prot warrior both got noticable passive damage reductions. Prot paladin totally lacks control and cc compared to druid, warrior and dk.

TLR Prot paladins are just so laughably easy to kill compared to other tanks when they are holding the flag in RBG.

mobility, control, vulnerability to silences.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Same as Blood DK.

Step 1. Solar Beam
    Step 2. Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Enid (you know, the vague Jurassic Park reference?)
    I would like to see prot pallies as the slow but steady FCs. Warrior can jump around and rush to enemies/allies, ferals have great natural speed, blood dks already had their day, and that leaves pallies for the last slot.
    A bubble that made the pally immune to silence, disarm, and movement imp. effects would be a great tool. Maybe 1 min CD that lasts around 10-15 seconds wouldn't be too op. To balance it out, the pally couldn't get past 100% speed.
    Also, they need some more use out of their shield. This would be a nice way to move from all spells as well. I would like to see something along the lines of a charge, but not targeted. So the pally could aim himself towards a pack of players, or out of an enemy pack of player, charge out of there, and possible knock players down along the way with the his or her shield.
    Just a few ideas that I think could make the pally a little more viable