- Hundreds (over a thousand, possibly?) quests and daily quests.
- Twelve reputation factions (most daily quest-focused, a few aren't).
- Eleven scenarios.
- Nine heroic dungeons (plus Challenge Modes).
- Four raids with 29 encounters total.
- Four world bosses.
- Brawler's Guilde (solo boss encounters).
- Over fourty rare elite mobs roaming the continent that drop various unique items.
- Countless lore and BoA items to find scattered over the continent and three archaeology races with various unique items and a museum to house your treasures, plus an associated faction.
- A farm where you can plant crops and do various quests, with an NPC friendship system built in.
- Battle pet minigame with a ton of depth and collecting to do.
How someone could narrow the expansion down to "nothing to do for PvE endgame but daily quests which are the only way to get gear" is completely beyond me. Don't believe anyone who says that.
I started doing Raid Finder raids last Monday. With the recently increased drop rates, I got fully geared to start LFR Throne of Thunder in less than a week (453 ilevel -> 481 ilevel).
Between the reputation orders on the farm, the reputation insignias dropped by the new rare Zandalari Warscout and Zandalari Warbringer mobs, and the unlockable 100% reputation gains unlocked after Revered, I've gotten Klaxxi and Golden Lotus from Revered to Exalted and August Celestials and Shado-Pan from Honored to Exalted in three days. I'll have Sunreaver Onslaught at Exalted in two more days and I haven't even been doing those dailies every day.
Seriously, guys. It's not that big of a deal. If you don't want to do dailies, do any of the various other things the game has to offer (raids, world bosses, dungeons, scenarios, solo old content, collect transmog gear, hunt rare mobs and collect artifacts, work on professions, work on your farm, collect mounts, battle pets, etc.).
It's fine to take a break from doing dailies if you are getting tired of them, and you aren't supposed to be gearing up through reputation/valor anyway. Heroics -> LFR is much, much faster. The rep items are just there as a way to mitigate bad luck with drops.