Having a problem getting in Raids

I haven't done a single normal raid this whole expansion. My work schedule doesn't allow it, my wife complains.
    I ran Ds pretty much every week and Icc every week as well as most bc raids. I've killed every boss in raid finder over 20 times on 9 different 90s.
    I know it's different than normal but it's all mostly easy to me.

Now to the point:

I now want to start raiding because I work the day shift now. My main has a 499 item Level, an Arms Warrior. 99.999999% of the time I am number one on the dps meters. I'm not floating my own boat, I know somewhere out there are people that would destroy me, many of them but I am damn good.
    I did 170k yesterday on Elegon Lfr, 2nd place guy was a Disc priest of all people at 120k AND topped heal meters.

I try to get pugs of Msv, there isn't a single upgrade there for me, i simply want to do it, BUT, every single time I try to join one of the million pugs in trade the guy whispers me to link him straight six achieve. A lot of these people are people I see on Sha of Anger or in random raids and know that they suck, yet they wont give me a chance even after I tell them I'm 499.

I was trying to get all the achieves in order, Msv, Hof, Toes normal. I don't even want a single piece of gear from any of them and still if I don't have an achieve i never get another whisper.

It's funny and maddening at the same time. In the end I don't really care. I'm happy where I am with most of my toons, just wanted to try something different, but I guess I'm not cool enough. Don't count everyone out, you might bring a 50k scrub that can link straight six instead of the 170k Warrior.

Dan

Get in a guild. Pugging is a pain in the ass.

Okay so I'm honestly not seeing the problem. You can make a thread in the recruitment section and try to find a guild, or try to apply to a few you see advertising. If you work the day shift then your nights are free...right...?

What do you want us to say lol. Are you trying to pug the current content? Good luck if you are.

Deleted
    I am not trying to be a wise ass but were you healing on your Warrior for 170k or did the DISC DPS for 120k?

Anyway, Go to your realm forum on the official forums and look wich guilds are recruiting. Also look for both horde/alliance if Faction change would not be a problem. Maybe other servers?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    check my sig, we are always recruiting

I also suggest you find a guild. Oh, or you could make your own pug!

Another option you can try is openraid - I personally have no experience with it, but I've heard from people who do and like it (openraid.us or openraid.eu).

edit: Note that dps is not all that counts. Your 170k on Elegon is actually a huge inflated number, which you hopefully know (and if you don't, that just proves my point). Being a good player is not only about numbers. A lot of people forget that. For my pugs, I would take the 50k warrior who knows what to do than the 100k warrior who just runs in a wall and dies. (edit again: not saying you're doing that of course, but just illustrating. Also, I never ask for achievements, just last week actually we brought a tank in who was exactly in your position).
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-03-18 at 05:18 AM.

Deleted
    I'd scout the realm forums, be online during the typical raid hours in trade. Often the more casual guilds are looking for someone to fill a spot and if you demonstrate knowledge about the encounters, make sure to have voice mods ready, flasks, buff food and that your character is gemmed/enchanted/reforged properly, you should have a chance - unless you're on a dead realm where nobody raids

Long term basis, I'd start looking for a guild. Find a guild that's willing to accept new trials, even though they haven't done anything in ToT yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    I'd scout the realm forums, be online during the typical raid hours in trade. Often the more casual guilds are looking for someone to fill a spot and if you demonstrate knowledge about the encounters, make sure to have voice mods ready, flasks, buff food and that your character is gemmed/enchanted/reforged properly, you should have a chance - unless you're on a dead realm where nobody raids

Long term basis, I'd start looking for a guild. Find a guild that's willing to accept new trials, even though they haven't done anything in ToT yet.
    Well said =D

Wat worked for me in the beginning was to show people my previeus achievments. I have done 50 attemps ToTGC. You might have your own achievment who proves skills instead of ilvl.

Is this "link the achievement" a server to server thing? I've pugged MSV/HoF on alts and the most I've ever been asked is for my ilvl and if I have a mic. Quite frankly any raid that turns down a 499 ilvl dps for a msv pug is probably pretty terrible anyway since you could die in the fire at 50% every fight and still do more dmg than most 460-470 dps.

The best advice I can give is to research the 10 man groups that are still progressing in HoF/terrace on wowprogress.com and just msg a member asking who leads their raids. Send a message to said raid leader and just ask if they ever have openings in their 10 mans. Most guilds run earlier tier raids with alts at some point in the week and it should be easy to get a spot on those to be a dps carry. At one point I was raid leading two 10 man MSV/HoF groups and I'd say at least 50% of my raids were always 1-2 players short and I would have gladly gambled on a 499 ilvl dps who didn't have the "right" achievements.
    Last edited by unholycrushe; 2013-03-18 at 12:00 PM.

Get gold medals in CM's, kill everything in brawler's guild

You'll get respect, and it's a sign you can play your class regardless of achievs or gear.

And find a guild. There are plenty of guilds that raid frequently and have all tier 14 on farm and 1-2bosses on ToT and don't require you to be active full time. Last 3weeks I only raided once with my guild eg since I have too much work to commit myself to raiding a couple of evening every week.

I've also done the more progress orientated raiding and raiding 3 times a week is for me the recipe to get burned out. Really good guilds are hard to get into, regardless how active they are (I know guilds that progress the same with less than half time dedicated compared to "hardcore" guilds). There are so many progression guilds that have crappy players, they just wipe a lot more and it's really easy to get into them, but you really don't want to

Use Openraid if you can't find a guild that fits your schedule.
    Hell use it anyway. Having some logs showing you doing well will be useful in any applications you may submit to a guild in the future.

Deleted
    A few different options, the easiest is probably to act convincing, explain that you know exactly what to do (I surely hope that you've read up on the differences compared to lfr?) and that you'll pull your weight easily. Assuming that you are relatively good at convincing people this is enough to join 99% of every group (I've had no issues joining msv grps on my newly dinged 450-460 alts, even without flaunting my mains achives).

Second option is to just look up a guy who looks decent on the armory (possibly on a different server) and say that this is your main. If they argue about proof just pretend like you're bored and doing them a favor by even joining msv in the first place.

Thirdly, if they just want the straight-six achive and don't look up your progress on the armory, just get one of those achive-linking addons and that problem is solved.

I took a 474 Holy Priest into MSV via openraid.org, got enough gear to put me at 480. From there I joined a HoF and ToES run, now I'm at 490 ilvl. Look for an openraid run for the 5.1 raids and be honest that you're new to normals but are confident with your damage and how to avoid "fire". Or just hang out in the chat and wait for a group forming.

It helps that I am 16/16 experience on my Protection Paladin that I was able to go in and just do my healing thing on my Priest. However, before I was 16/16 I had to let people know that I haven't done these fights on normal yet and that I'm confident in my abilities, can listen to directions/commands, and get the job done.

Otherwise, try to find a guild on your server that is looking to add a member to their raid team and prove your stuff.

Deleted
    I have been in a similar situation many times. Trying to convince them anything is like arguing with a brick wall. Download an achievement faker addon or just tell them that you have done it on your other character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to WoW Progress for your server, look through the guilds and raids and see if you can find any that fit your schedule and if they're recruiting. It shouldn't be too hard to find one in Tier 15 content that has a schedule you can make, so long as you're not so picky you're expecting right into a guild full-clearning normal.

You can also use Open Raid do get more Tier 14 normal experience under your belt. Terrace raids shouldn't be too challenging to find.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |