Deleted

Question Tips for a noobie Resto PvPer

Hi guys, i've only recently started playing my shaman again as resto, (in PvP)

Anyone have any playstyle tips, and ways to survive in arenas? (mainly 2v2),
    I'm finding myself squishy atm, mainly due to gear, but alot of the time I find myself just using the few instant casts I have.

I will be gemming into all resilence, and reforging into Spirit>Mastery=Crit >Haste

Thanks alot in advance

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go stack resilience. You will notice that the more gear you have, the higher your throughput and survivability is. Now, before you start yelling "THAT IS WITH EVERYTHING", shamans scale better with better gear then any other class and with bad gear, we also are, you guessed it, worse then any other class.

around 60%-65% (don't know the new numbers as of yet) should be your aim. Aim to get the PvP weapon as quickly as possible.

When you get the gear, you can talk and look further into the fights itself. Farm lots of honor first
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post

around 60%-65% (don't know the new numbers as of yet) should be your aim. Aim to get the PvP weapon as quickly as possible.

When you get the gear, you can talk and look further into the fights itself. Farm lots of honor first
    Thanks for that , do ya have any tips on how to survive when i'm being focused on?

don't be scared to pop your cd's id say.

get near ppl and pop that spirit link totem! and frostshock and ghostwolf away!
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delsus View Post
    Thanks for that , do ya have any tips on how to survive when i'm being focused on?
    Pray

Trinket and Earthgrab are nice for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    Pray

Trinket and Earthgrab are nice for that.
    Reading your post, and wrath's got me thinking, should I take frozen power/earthgrab instead of windwalk? (mainly BG's and 2v2)

Thanks

I take wind walk for death knight teams because it removes the stacks on remorseless winter. So my partners aren't cc'd which means they can peel. Honestly just play with classes that have really good peelz(I don't do 2's at all on my shaman) but in 3's i would play with an spriest. Mass dispel, Shields, Pom, life grip and life swap help tons. Get interrupt bar this is important for resto shaman because you have to fake interrupts like your owe the enemy team money. Btw the pillar is your best friend give him lots of hugs. Just try not to be in line of sights of the other teams dps. Be aware of when classes pop cooldowns so when you see a warlock with demon soul up you need to grounding his chaos bolts and line of sight him. When a warrior pops his cds u have to trinket and SLT. I have die with healing tide up vs melee cleaves so, I just pop ascendance + Spirit Walkers Grace, or just use Slt. I try to save Healing Tide for my partner but I pop it in a bad situation.

A really good Resto Shaman:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMAwJIf9LlA I loved the game at the beginning I would have died honestly if I were him.
    Another Shaman worth watching: http://www.youtube.com/user/doonxgames/videos?view=0
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-03-18 at 07:17 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for the tips guys, i'll be watching alot of these videos :P,
    I normally PvP with a dk, but I think windwalk would still be good, i'll try it out for now.
    Downloading the addon too, should help alot with fake casting which I suck at haha

In regards to what Mobility talent you should be playing with, it is advisable to adjust that during the 30 seconds when you enter the Arena and see the other team.

I play with a Spriest so I don't normally need Windwalk all that much, but if you played with a Melee that did not have a Hand of Freedom type of spell then it would be beneficial. I use Earthgrab totem against Melee cleaves that consist of War/DK/Rogue/Ret/Feral - Which can save you as you run around a pillar and give you enough time to outlast any burst CD's that may be active. For any other, I use Frost Root to either peel for my DPS, peel for myself, root our kill target to prevent LoS or root the enemy healer behind a pillar LoS from their own teammate.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for the tips guys, do you recommend I only use like healing surge to get the fast heal off?, or is it really dependent on the situation?

Also is the addon to track interrupts, called Juked?, it seems to be the most recently updated, but is still only for 5.1.0 atm
    Last edited by mmoca98b1cb59e; 2013-03-18 at 04:41 PM.

Riptide then healing surge because riptide gives you a buff called tidal waves which increase the critical chance of your next healing surge by 30%. You also have a passive called resurgence that gives you a % of mana back when you crit heal. Use healing stream totem on cool down its amazing for the mana cost in my opinion. Earth shield increase the healing you do by 30% something a lot of shamans overlook. You will have to ask around my friend has a working version interrupt bar but i couldn't find one so i just play with out it. The biggest part of playing a shaman is just humping that pillar and getting peels when they other team goes ham.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-03-18 at 08:00 PM.

2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Hi again guys, thanks for all the advice
    i'm conflicted atm, should I be doing
    Spirit>Mastery>Crit>Haste or Spirit>Crit>Mastery>Haste or maybe even another prio with my reforing and stats

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intellect > PvP Resilience >Spirit > Crit > Mastery >PvP Power >Haste
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Don't forget earth shield on your self or partner when being focused on. Flat 20% increase healing done on you.

You want spirit>crit>mastery>haste
    You want crit because every time your heals crit. Resurgence procs and that means more mana. At 20% crit your healing surges have a 50% crit chance with tidal wave stack.