Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    wow has aged, and so have I, so i've "quit" the game multiple times, probably 4 major 5 month+ breaks. The game gets boring too fast now, no sense of community because of LFD, LFR, and CRZ. I pay to play a singleplayer game, and it isn't fun. The only reason i'm playing it rn is to finish everything the game has to offer before its over.

Also LFD, LFR, CRZ ruined the game

I've quit once, September last year. Don't even miss it so far.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

I wouldn't call it "quitting" but I've canceled my sub for an extended break probably 3 times, one for each expansion lasting 2-4 months each time. Also I've had multiple times where I don't log in for a couple weeks, but I don't cancel my sub for it.

The only time I actually actively quit was during trial of the crusader, worst pve content patch e-v-e-r, this is also the first and only time i cancelled my subscription, i've also had some downtime near the end of wotl (+1 yr ICC ), and near the end of cata (didn't like DS from the start).

Every year i quit from february until may or june, i dont know why but since 2008 or 09 thats the way it has been, i dont have any achievements of the holidays that take place during that time and apparently ill never get one.

I have never quit. I did take a few breaks (1-3 months), but never quit.

no longer needed
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2014-02-12 at 04:55 AM.

Over the past 5 years, I haven't quit once. There have been times, naturally, when I haven't been able to play all that much but why tell myself to quit as some sort of "statement to the world" over something like that? WoW continues to amuse and thrill me, and as long as it keeps this up I won't unsubscribe. In fact, I'm thinking about opening a 3rd account.

Also, the game is at a better state right now than I've ever experienced before, makes me see just how poor Cataclysm was.

in 9 years. None. Havent quit. Taken a break. But not quit

10+ Year Old Account
    I played from late vanilla through Dragon Soul. Took one break for a couple months during Wrath, planning to return. Played a lot less during Cata, until I finally quit a couple weeks after Dragon Soul came out. Checked out MoP briefly twice; once after release and once during the holidays, before letting my sub lapse. No current plans to return.

15+ Year Old Account
    - I stopped around june '06 when I burnt out on the pvp grind, came back in the fall to casually raid T2 content with friends.
    - Stopped a 2nd time in '08 at the end of TBC when in game guild drama became a factor and WoW was hurting my grades, so I got rid of what was not needed. Came back when Wotlk released.
    - Stopped a 3rd time in the middle of wrath because of drama, so I left focus on school. Came back when the semester ended and switched factions. (I'll never forget logging back in for the first time and everyone in Dalaran had T9 on and I was like "wtf?!")
    - 4th time was at the end of Cata, wow had finally ran its course...

well now that I reflect on my post, I'd say I quit twice, and took 2 breaks.

Deleted
    Once last year because I was bored of 4.3, but I knew I was coming back for MoP, and now again in january because afterall MoP isn't for me but I plan on coming back if the next expansion is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    You never Quit WoW, You take breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

1) Quit after 2.0 patch but before TBC - came back 3 months into TBC
    2) Quit after 3.0 and clearing Sunwell - came back 6 months later
    3) Quit after 4.0? Cata release - did not come back and unlikely ever to unless they fundamentally change the game to make it good again.

10+ Year Old Account
    once. 1 year break due to a crazy work hours

I think I've "quit" (I took a pause because of school if that makes and difference), once in the end of WotLK and once again last year, between January and March

Played a bit in vanilla but was a terrible player.
    Came back in mid BC and raided all the way until we cleared naxx in wrath. Took a few months off and came back for the beginning of TOC. PLayed until we killed LK and too another break until Cata. Cleared t11, took another break till mid firelands, kill rag and quit until mop. So far playeda ll of MOP.

Usually quitting before the end of a expansion.
    Didn't between vanilla and tBC, though, but otherwise i have.
    Usually not so much to do there, so i don't see much reason to stay. I know i return when there comes a new expansion, so i guess it's just what you could call breaks.
    Long breaks at times..
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Left once during Pre-Cata events. Never looked back.

Deleted
    once.
    2 weeks ago.

got bored of being stuck to a schedule in a game. so went casual.
    casual is boring. so i quit.