Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Twice, last summer in wait of MoP and soon after last christmas in wait of 5.2

Deleted
    Never; I did take a break from playing for a couple of weeks back in classic when a patch made the game unplayable. But my subscription remained active

twice, once because of financial reasons and school.
    the other (now) because there are more interesting games to play,(sc2 and d3)
    still keeping tabs on whats happening by reading and posting on forums.

while i wouldn't say /quit/ its more like a break, planned or not.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Took a month or two off at the end of LK, as we weren't raiding anymore after some heroic ICC kills.

"Quit" for DS - did LFR, killed Deathwing, then pretty much gave it up that December. Played TOR, finished school, and just couldn't care about alts or anything. Started back up with Pandaria and while I'm not as dedicated as I was, I tend to have a bit more fun with it now, so I guess it works out.

Deleted
    never quit - since april 2006

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Manila, Philippines (formally California)
    I've quit only once so far. I started when wraith of the lich king was just released and it was actually the first mmorpg I had ever played. I stopped in 2009 with a fully geared hunter, then picked it back up again after mists came out. Now I'm a semi geared panda haha.

Deleted
    3 times before MoP. One time in WOTLK, 2 times in Cata. And probably 4 times in MoP. This really is not my expansion

Deleted
    Twice.

I've been playing Wow since TBC and I was basically playing all the way to ToC. But after raiding Ulduar, which was one of the greatest raiding experiences ever for me ToC was such a disappointment that I quit shortly after the release of that patch. I came back with the release of ICC and kept playing till about 2 months into MoP. I didn't enjoy the direction the game was going into, and was tired of the daily grind which I felt at that point obligated to do.. ^^". I think the regular raiding schedules got too much for me as well, as I felt just a bit burned out with the game. Shortly afterwards our GM told us that our 25 man raiding team would be disbanded. I left the guild and pretty much quit WoW at the same day. I haven't returned ever since. Sometimes I think about returning but I'm a bit worried that the game would take away too much of my free time again.

I raided pretty hardcore back in Wrath 5+ nights a week, then Cata came out and I was no longer in college so I didn't have the time to commit to raiding so I lost a lot of interest in the game as I hate questing and what not. I quit at End of T11 until middle of T12 then raided until about May when D3 released and quit until MOP release been thinking about doing the same again. I have however never once cancelled my sub through all of this. I now am quite casual and only really enjoy rare pet farming not so much the battles but capturing the pets, loved doing this in Pokemon. I also enjoy LFR quite a bit and doing dungeons when they are new.

Since I started in March, 2006:

Quit December 2006, after my account was hacked and Blizzard was unable to return my hard earned T1 and T2 pieces. Also, any pants. Naked gnomes are scary.

Returned June, 2007. Quit July, 2009.

Returned May, 2010. Quit June, 2011.

I follow the game still (obviously) but don't feel the need to play it further.
    Last edited by Naaruminded; 2013-03-18 at 01:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You should have a poll at the beginning of the thread.

As for me, I started May, 2005 and played continuously ever since (except for a couple hospital stays) and have never quit.

Let's see...

2 times in BC; first about a year after it was out due to a RL situation, second about 4 months after returning due to my guild falling apart. Said guild would rebuild on another server just in time for Wrath.

Did not quit the entire duration of Wrath.

Cataclysm...ugh. Think I quit 3 different times during Cata. Came back once due to some friends wanting to do RBGs, then later to do the last bit of raiding...then again when said last bit of raiding (DS) bored me to tears. Didn't come back for 6 months (GW2 was part of that 6 months, lol).

Heh, thread could almost be renamed to "How many times did you quit during Cata?". Lulz

15+ Year Old Account
    Started nov 05

Quit jun 09

Start Aug '10 and still here but casual.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I quit early Cata, maybe a few weeks before the Firelands patch hit, intending to never play again. As it turned out, I lasted a bit over a year.

Shortly after MoP came out, I watched Kevin VanOrd at GameSpot play some of the new content on a livestream and was tempted. The following day, while visiting a friend, I watched him quest in Jade Forest. After that, I couldn't help myself - I HAD to play again. I asked another friend to send me a scroll, subbed shortly after, and I haven't looked back since. I'm enjoying this game now about as much as I did during late TBC/early Wrath. Unfortunately I'm on a rather dead server and I've been procrastinating on the plan to transfer for a while now. I don't spend as much time online per week as I used to, but for the most part I'm having fun. I don't care that I missed all of Firelands and Dragon Soul. Playing at my own pace without worrying about raiding and guild drama anymore, is nice.

probably like 6 times...during vanilla, twice during TBC, during Ulduar, month after Cata launch and about 1,5 month ago

game's still good but I was raiding with either slackers or elitist jerks since MoP launch and they got on my nerves badly, so I took a break. It's been quite some time since I actually "quit" the game, nowadays I just take a break because I know I'll be back sooner or later

Started about 2 months or so into Wrath, quit just before RS opened, came back for the release of Cata, hung around about 3 months, quit until September or so (a month or 2 before DS came out), stayed until February, came back in November of last year to try MoP, quit in early February again.

None of these have been due to other games specifically, they've all been either burnout (first leave), or sheer boredom (all the others). If I play the game again, it wouldn't be till the next expansion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    3 times. Last played in late Nov 2012. Subbed for a month to level cooking during the Thanksgiving holiday and finish Eastern Plaguelands. Now that I've played all of the old content (every zone from 1-85), I can't bring myself to resub again. Just the idea of playing any of those zones for more than 5-10 minutes makes me want to turn off my computer and start cleaning my apartment or work out. But I can enjoy it all vicariously through MMO-Champ or WoW Insider.

i am think to return to the wow but i don't know
    got wife +1 and other baby on the way
    didn't find class that i am loved try most of them but Love my DK that now have dust on him
    so relay don't know
    i love the game but Real life is more import from the game

I've 'quit' three times, all for school. I really should do it again, but I find the lore and stuff too interesting to make it a long term thing. I suppose I could find it all via Youtube, but I do get a fair amount of inspiration from stuff that happens ingame, both personally and with guildies. The worst was when MoP released, right after school started.... Blizz.... stick to your holiday release dates please....