10+ Year Old Account

Question So what are Scenarios like?

Just wondering what the Scenarios are like?

Yet to do em, figured i give it a shot
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    They're 3-man instanced group quests that usually take no more than 10 - 15 minutes and award valor, JP (if you queue specific or are capped), and possibly a 450 - 476 item.

I find them fun, mostly, though there are a few I'm not fond of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They're 3-man instanced group quests that usually take no more than 10 - 15 minutes and award valor, JP (if you queue specific or are capped), and possibly a 450 - 476 item.

I find them fun, mostly, though there are a few I'm not fond of.
    Hmm, sounds like a barral of fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post

Extremely cheap way of making replacements for dungeons. Lesser quality of dungeons, lack voice over most of the time and recylce already given zones instead of making unique dungeon one.

Are you kidding me? You would have finished one while making this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Pally1 View Post
    Extremely cheap way of making replacements for dungeons. Lesser quality of dungeons, lack voice over most of the time and recylce already given zones instead of making unique dungeon one.
    Technically LFR is the dungeon replacement, scenarios are more for story-telling, most of them anyway lol.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Personally i found them a huge let down. They sold them as this "lore" side of dungeon crap where you'd get the story in game. You get nothing really. You're just there, with 3-4 objectives given to you and then you're done.

Half the time i didn't even know i was finished when they were completed.

Scenarios are fun once or twice, but quickly become boring. Imagine doing the same group quest over and over again. To encourage people to actually participate, a ridiculous amount of valor is given for your first completed scenario of the day. It's a bribe to get players into failed content.

They are boring trash and need to be redesigned. I can't stomach them anymore and refuse to do them.

Blizzard themselves already admitted they don't know exactly where scenarios fit into the overall game experience.

I think the new solo scenarios is where this tech is headed. They are a bit more fun than the group stuff.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2013-03-17 at 07:45 AM.

Deleted
    What kind of story-telling? Most of them are "fat drunks with corpsepaint are missing beer". I have run them on 3 characters and never got any usable loot (str crossbow on hunter, offspec items for shaman etc.) But no matter! Everything blizz wants you to do is run LFR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Scenarios are short. They're easy for the most part. Since there's no particular group requirement, queues are close to nonexistent. They don't reward much but are worth doing to see if you enjoy them.

They're not epic or anything. Not everything needs to be epic. If everything was epic, nothing would be epic. You'll enjoy some and dislike others.

Blizzard is still experimenting with them to see what sticks and what doesn't. Basically, they're a mixed bag but a good way to get some valor and there are worse things to do. I tend to like them myself but understand why others don't.

It's a crazy world where people have different opinions about things.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a scenario, Dagger in the Dark popped up

If what the story about Garrosh wanting to make man made warriors, then i wanna go back to alliance! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a scenario, Dagger in the Dark popped up

If what the story about Garrosh wanting to make man made warriors, then i wanna go back to alliance! :P
    Its more about him trying to assassinate Vol'jin and US as a player. Most people miss that point. Hellscream tries to kill us off as well.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-03-17 at 08:42 AM.
    Aye mate

Just like dungeons they are fun the first few times but after that it's all about loot and there's the problem. You only get the treasure chest and in it is random loot which can be good or bad or you get only some gold and nothing else.

From the gearing perspective it's all about raiding. Hit 90, buy crafted PVP gear, maybe an epic, do some dungeons or PVP and start doing LFR. If your in a capable guild you just need to hit 90 and start raiding.

Heroic dungeons are very easy, don't give that good gear and you have long queues. Scenarios are very short, easy and have short queues but the chance of getting loot you can use is very small. Blizzard said they want to make more challenging scenarios with better loot so that you want to run them for it but at the moment all you do is run one scenario and one dungeon a day for bonus rep and VP and run LFR once a week for additional VP and loot.

Slightly shorter dungeon without any drops from bosses.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glorified group quests that you can repeat for boxes with loot, basically. They say they're for story-telling but so far I don't see much story-telling in them. Dagger in the Dark has a tiny, tiny bit I suppose. The Dalaran part alone of the 5.1 questline had ten times more storytelling than every scenario combined.

no kick feature (at least when I quit there wasn't) = you can afk at leisure and collect free loots : )

You can bust through them on a Saturday for a quirky title if you're bored.

Deleted
    The scenarios are a bit dull indeed, some of them are ok and some of them are just horrible. I believe they could be decent if they would've been done better but they are pretty meaningless atm. The new solo scenarios on the other hand are actually pretty fun, especially when you can do them just once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    no kick feature (at least when I quit there wasn't) = you can afk at leisure and collect free loots : )
    There indeed is a kick feature, and following your tip would result in pissing off others and making the run 2x slower.

OP: You'll get bored quickly, i personally miss the good old heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    The scenarios are a bit dull indeed, some of them are ok and some of them are just horrible. I believe they could be decent if they would've been done better but they are pretty meaningless atm. The new solo scenarios on the other hand are actually pretty fun, especially when you can do them just once.
    Something in the middle would be perfect. They said they wanted them to (partially) replace group quests. In my opinion, you should only have to do them once, unless you want to help a friend or you really enjoy some of them. Right now, with the amount of achievements they have and the daily rewards they offer, they work like easy, short, repetitive dungeons.

The solo scenarios are fun, I agree, but too many would feel like some of the phased quests Cataclysm had, where you felt alone most of the time. I think they work perfectly for the Isle of Thunder, though, since they allow every player to see every step of the story progression without forcing them to log in everyday. And the weekly-loot scenario is also very interesting.

Just like CRZ, I think it has a lot of potential but it's just not well enough executed.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2013-03-17 at 10:50 PM.