Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I remember back in TBC when it took us months to kill Archimonde or Illidan. And when we did, it was the best feeling ever. So what, you're stuck on a boss in a new tier not so long after it's just come out. And you want to leave your guild just because of that? Pathetic if you ask me. If you don't think you can help your guild to improve you might aswell just leave. The attitude you have towards the guild because of the mistakes you think are taking place and the only thing that is running through your head is just just leave and find a better guild is just, well, pathetic. GL to you.

Deleted
    Why you even kite bats at 25 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    The RL thought it was a better strategy. What really sucks is sometimes we wipe at below 50% sometimes 90%. Cant really find a way to be consistent. Now we're killing the bats and got to 9%, gonna kill it tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    The RL thought it was a better strategy. What really sucks is sometimes we wipe at below 50% sometimes 90%. Cant really find a way to be consistent. Now we're killing the bats and got to 9%, gonna kill it tonight.
    it's a more efficient strategy, doesn't make it better. The enrage timer is such a non-issue on this fight (is there even one?) that kiting the bats is just asking for trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Why would you kite the bats in 10 man either?

It could be worse. I'm in a guild where the guild leaders keep making the wrong decisions because they are clueless about the fights mechanics. For example they don't want to perform a tank switch on malakk in the council of elders fight because they think it will mess things up. had like 40 wipes now and many of those are because the tank just dropped from the 15 sec stun. They still claim its easier not to swap malakk.

Back in my raiding days we had a 25 man raid for the guild and a 10 man raid for those who could tank/heal/dps AND move out of fire or CC something at the same time.

The 25 man raid was annoying sometimes. We died repeatedly to the same stupid fails of the same people. But we did it for the guild. Some were not the greatest players, but every single one was a very nice person. I don´t regret it. The time wasn´t wasted.

We had the 10 man raid for the hard stuff. That way we were always a bit ahead and could help with strategies and advice. I couldn´t have formed a 11 man group out of that 25 man raid and our approx. 60 raiders. There were exactly 10 people who met the high standards of HC raiding.

Why aren´t you part of your 10 man raid?

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    It could be worse. I'm in a guild where the guild leaders keep making the wrong decisions because they are clueless about the fights mechanics. For example they don't want to perform a tank switch on malakk in the council of elders fight because they think it will mess things up. had like 40 wipes now and many of those are because the tank just dropped from the 15 sec stun. They still claim its easier not to swap malakk.
    I have heard that a lot of guilds are just healing through the stun. From what i understand that is easier than having to swap mobs.

If you feel you persistently outperform your guild, take less damage than them, have the presence of mind left over to call fight mechanics etc, then maybe you're just above their level and should leave unless you really enjoy their company. But remember, it's very easy to overestimate yourself, -especially- when it comes to how good you are at avoiding damage. Healing/DPSing well is easy compared to healing/DPSing well and not just performing basic fight mechanics, but minimizing damage taken. You might eventually find yourself in a better guild with a worse atmosphere, too, longing back to the days of worse progress but friendlier raiders. I've been in such a position a few times.

Deleted
    If you like the guild and the people in it then there is no reason to leave. It depends what your priorities are, are you in for the social aspect or just to kill them pixels. If its both then you need to decide for yourself its a fair tradeoff. It's like marriage, have to take the good with the bad. For better and for worse.
    In my case I'm still in the same guild since tbc, and sure sometimes its a bumpy ride and progress can be slow or stagger. But in the end it'll go down and I play with the ppl I want to play with whilst still aiming to improve and clear the place. Just have to come to terms that you won't be a hardcore raider. If you can make that switch in your head and focus more what your guild does and less on others you'd be much happier

Tortos hints:
    Have your melee help on the turtles if ranged struggles. What we do is, we help killing the first turtle and then kill boss. Then, if there is shell shortage, just call out for new turtle target and kill it.
    Don't kite the adds, there should be plenty of melee cleave to kill them efficiently in 25man raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I have heard that a lot of guilds are just healing through the stun. From what i understand that is easier than having to swap mobs.
    Yeah we're also doing this @ 10 man normal.
    We're having 3 melees in 80% of our raids and we don't want them to run for both the Loa and Malakk - besides dodging Kazra'jin.
    It works good this way. Just have the Mar'li tank taunt Malakk off the Sul-tank before Sul gets empowered, else he'll get annihilated by empowered Sul, Malakk and some sand adds.

I guess with only one melee, who stays on Sul anyway, you can always swap Malakk.
    Last edited by Pippo89; 2013-03-22 at 01:09 PM.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Deleted
    well, if its the same ppl that die from the same things, LET THEM KNOW! ppl tend to do better when some1 tells them what they are doing wrong. also 6 raid nights and not past 3/12 isnt really an issue, a lot of guilds are still around that. its simple really, if you arent part of the solution, then you're part of the problem, dont just be quiet about the problem, let ppl know that they HAVE to move out of shit, and that stunning the bats and dpsing them down fast is better than kiting, in raiding its all about being constructive, and from the sound of it, you arent, and you can do better in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    Yeah we're also doing this @ 10 man normal.
    We're having 3 melees in 80% of our raids and we don't want them to run for both the Loa and Malakk - besides dodging Kazra'jin.
    It works good this way. Just have the Mar'li tank taunt Malakk off the Sul-tank before Sul gets empowered, else he'll get annihilated by empowered Sul, Malakk and some sand adds.

I guess with only one melee, who stays on Sul anyway, you can always swap Malakk.
    eventho thi is a bit offtopic a bit, but just having a melee or 2 stick on sul like glue and have your ranged focus on spirits and empowered council member really helps. last time we killed council we managed to kill sul b4 he even got empowered and that makes the fight so much easier.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-03-22 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    It's gonna suck so much if I quit because I have not even gotten one loot and have not used 1 dkp.
    that attitude is so wrong I don't even know what to say to you

The ToT fights are not easy. Improve your attitude and help progress or leave.

I'm almost in same situation , but I'm stucked on dead realm from which I can't afford damn transfer, and seeing how people slowly declining raids to not wiping, just because they wanted only loot and waiting when it will be on farm just to come and get it, too much slacking
    noone fucking cares about others, even if we get new blood, those people with l2play issue
    would of run already for better places if I could, as u should
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-03-22 at 01:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're in a raid group, so you're in this together. I don't know about you, but in the guilds I've been in, I usually form a pretty strong bond with the people I'm playing alongside. Going through content together for awhile really gives you a sense of groupthink as opposed to the individual. If you're not trying to actively help the rest of your group improve, what are you doing? I think you're going about it the wrong way with the, "Well, I'm better than these kids, should I leave?" mentality.

Of course, leaving's completely up to you, but personally I think you're thinking too much about yourself and not enough about your peers.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

God people are spoiled. 6 days and your ready to quit? My guild at the time spent a solid 3 weeks of nightly 40 man raiding to down princess in AQ.

10+ Year Old Account

lol

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I have a low tolerance for people who call themselves or want to be hardcore raiders, but don't put forth the time or effort outside the game.
    i didnt know 3/12 normal was considered hardcore raiding lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If you aren't 11/12 heroic right now then to someone you are the noob. Theres always someone better than you are, maybe you should remember that, noob.

Don't be an ass. -Azshira
    @Azshira

That was a totally valid and productive comment in the context of this thread.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-03-22 at 03:03 PM.