Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't know what any of that stuff is in WoW. It is essentially gibberish to me. But I killed Baal and Diablo like 60 times a day on 4 concurrent PCs for about ~8 years.

There were no achievements.

I stopped when I could no longer read the text in Diablo 2 after a decade.

That is Diablo.
    No, thats simply sick. And not in a good way.
    No personal offense intended.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    just out of curiosity, are you by chance and ex Necromancer player like myself?
    loving my WD, but would like the necro from D2 instead..
    I am indeed an ex Necromancer, though I enjoyed both Paladin and Druid as well.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Removing the auction house and reconfiguring the drop rates to support it, would be a great place to start.
    How is sitting around for hours looking to buy something, while not having a designated price range for items, going to make a game fun?

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    No, thats simply sick. And not in a good way.
    No ffense taken. Th desitre for anything but with in this gemnre and franchise is completely incorrect.

An ARPG is a stat based game by which enjoyment is derived from the academic accumulation of more stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    How is sitting around for hours looking to buy something, while not having a designated price range for items, going to make a game fun?
    For the same reason trading, wheeling & dealing and bargain hunting are fun?

Which is a common practice, and indeed past time, throughout history.

A game doesn't need to "fun" by design either. That is a falsity. It can simply be interesting. It can be interesting to trade and appraise.

It doesn't have to be interesting to you, personally. Natch.

While I had nothing against D3, it's clear what's required for it to be proper fun for me; A new class. While I liked the Witch Doctor's abilities to a degree, I wasn't a fan of the whole bend-over, semi-naked, annoying voice thing, and the other classes really didn't do it for me either. So yeah, waiting for an expansion which will hopefully bring a new class or two.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I am going to try Darsithis' suggestion of trying it on a harder MP level, mostly been screwing with MP2-3, because 3 is about the max I can handle before I start dying too much, but maybe 4-5 would be more interesting, who knows? Does suck how so few people now play compared to back in May/June, back then more than half of my Real ID list was on Diablo 3, now they're all back on WoW/some are on HotS. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend abandoning the game.

I tried to return to Diablo III with MP10 hardcore, but the MP doesn't really
    even scale that much before Inferno so it turned out to be a faceroll too. Haven't
    logged in since that. If you don't use AH at all and go MP10 since level 1 it might
    be pretty challenging.

Not quitting a game because you feel too invested and the continue to forcefully
    invest more time to it is kinda stupid. I did it with WoW and learned from my mistake
    and left Diablo III when it got boring.

If you really want to play something similar to Diablo just go with Path of Exile.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to play it again. But I have to deal with satellite internet for the foreseeable future. This is the only time I really hated the always online. I only ever touched the DH so there is a lot of game for me to like once i get back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    I'd recommend abandoning the game.

I tried to return to Diablo III with MP10 hardcore, but the MP doesn't really
    even scale that much before Inferno so it turned out to be a faceroll too. Haven't
    logged in since that. If you don't use AH at all and go MP10 since level 1 it might
    be pretty challenging.

Not quitting a game because you feel too invested and the continue to forcefully
    invest more time to it is kinda stupid. I did it with WoW and learned from my mistake
    and left Diablo III when it got boring.

If you really want to play something similar to Diablo just go with Path of Exile.
    I don't like the idea of just giving up on the game, but the idea of high MP starting from level 1 is very intriguing and I think I may see how it is! Could be fun! Thanks for that suggestion!
    "A flower.

diablo 3 is a free game.. minus the disc cost and having to use the internet for it. but for a free game its quite decent now. ill admit Diablo 3 should have had the paragon lvling system in place a the start.. when people hit 60 they were like... so.. what do we do now? oh ya kill diablo on inferno mode.. and then they accomplished that.. and then they had years of bad rng and no good drops.. paragon lvling does fix that to a degree. I started lvling my barb and ive found a few drops.. my highest one was worth around 20mil and im at paragon 42.. but i cant really complain much.. the game is fun to play on occasion.. and once i reach 100 i'll have much better odds.. plus you are always accumulating gold while lvling..

dedicated d2 fan here..played D2lod for years on end.. game finally collapsed due to so many bots and servers used in the 1900s

I do wish that i joined d3 when the paragon system first came out.. thats when the game started making sense.. that and them fixing legendaries to not suck.

but if u do want a challenge.. try the game on the phone like suggested.. or simply try a higher mp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemGaimzChannel View Post
    whirlwind barb
    Sorry, melee classes are not my cup of tea.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    you should give it a try if you havnt, i didnt like barbs until i tryed whirlwind build

10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty flexible in WoW, playing everything, but I just can't play ranged classes in Diablo 3. They just feel too "get hit once, die".

id disagree.. i used to be ranged playing DH and wizzy mostly due to thinking barbs were slow and stupid.. plus mobs used to hit like trucks.. now thanks to gear WW barbs are ultra fast and powerful.. and they dont die in 2-3 hits.. this reminds me of the old D2lod days ww barbs.. where they had massive run speed/ hp lifeleech and full resists.... u could run around for days at a time.

anyway just try it.. i cant stand my dh or wizzy now feels way too slow.

I can't see myself getting back into this game as long as the AH exists.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making another class is a little bit of a scary thought to me. =X I've put almost 100% of my time, effort, and gold into my wizard. :/
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making another class is a little bit of a scary thought to me. =X I've put almost 100% of my time, effort, and gold into my wizard. :/
    Yeah, same. You don't get Paragon 82 by just playing around, especially with the way I play (Alkaizer route? What's that, I make my own route)

Its the only reason ive played this long. Once you have all 5 chars geared up and plowing mp5+ its very hard to find fun in it because there is nothing left to accomplish.

High paragon lvls dont matter in d3 becuase if you good enough to be paragon lvl1, your good enough to be lvl100.

but Diablo 3 I invested $100 in for the C.E. I feel like I should get my money's worth at least or something, or even just make that money back in RMAH funds, which I've only done maybe 20% of.
    It's like "I spent $100 on lottery tickets, now I need to buy more tickets to get my money's worth!".

It's not working. You are wasting your time, which is priceless. Well, not priceless actually. 10 hours of work in Macdonalds will get your money back. 10 hours of working in diablo will get you 50 cents. The more time you spend in the game, the less you get "your money's worth".

If you like playing the game - play it and don't try to count money. If you don't - RUN, and never look back. It's not worth it.